NeoSTore Disappointment

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
So, I picked up the "recommended" PSU at the NeoStore and this is what I got in the mail today..

It arrived broken and the plastic end around the converter cable was shattered.

I'm pretty sure someone melted down McDonald's toys to make this. I'm not impressed at all.. I'm really hoping their customer service department is responsive in refunding people.

On the plus side, my Chinese 161 in 1 multicart showed up today and works and looks great. Should I take this as a lesson not to always trust something just because it's being sold and shipped within the US?

Attachments

• image_123927839 (1).JPG
    image_123927839 (1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • image_6487327 (1).JPG
    image_6487327 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. Doesn't look too bad in the photos. Just let them know it's damaged.

There's always this one. I have the 5v one they sell for the 5v AES, and it's fine.

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
Sorry to hear that. Doesn't look too bad in the photos. Just let them know it's damaged.

There's always this one. I have the 5v one they sell for the 5v AES, and it's fine.

I may not even need one.. I've been running this cart for over an hour and my PSU is barely warm to the touch. If I do get one, I was thinking about this one..

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
You actually bought something from the neostore? Haha man jokes on you pal. BTW your thumb looks weird.

I bought it only because it was recommended by people on this particular forum. :LOL:

As for the pic.....it didn't crop well.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I may not even need one.. I've been running this cart for over an hour and my PSU is barely warm to the touch. If I do get one, I was thinking about this one..

That one you linked is pricey and doesn't look that great, but provides 3A at least.

I forgot if you mentioned you have a stock supply? If it's working fine, stick with that. I would've tried the stock supply before ordering anything.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Don't listen to Neo Alec, he is affiliated with the Neo Store (connection verified) so maybe demand a refund from him.

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
That one you linked is pricey and doesn't look that great, but provides 3A at least.

I forgot if you mentioned you have a stock supply? If it's working fine, stick with that. I would've tried the stock supply before ordering anything.
$40 is about how much the one from the neostore cost with shipping, and look how that turned out.. but i’d trust retrogamecave over some random one from amazon.

I do have the stock supply. It’s 10v 1a output. So far after an hour no issues…not yet anyway.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
$40 is about how much the one from the neostore cost with shipping, and look how that turned out..

I do have the stock supply. It’s 10v 1a output. So far after an hour no issues…not yet anyway.

I have a crusty sock with holes and cum stains you can have for $40 as well, unless you want to keep using the one you already have a home?

I’m sorry but I may have missed something, why did you replace something that was already working great? You worried that the original PSU will grenade itself or something?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Those old PSUs are unregulated ±3V, replacing them is always a good idea. Buy one from France. Have several of them for multiple consoles also the AES. Buy the correct one. Recommended.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I would be proud to have a one of a kind cracked plastic power supply. It's the kind of thing the neostore will be selling as a collectors item in a couple of years for $1,000

Iconoclast12

New Challenger
I’m sorry but I may have missed something, why did you replace something that was already working great? You worried that the original PSU will grenade itself or something?
Because 90% of everyone using the multicarts or NeoSD said the stock supply wasn’t good enough.

venchia3

n00b
Because 90% of everyone using the multicarts or NeoSD said the stock supply wasn’t good enough.
This, and also for what they cost (remember something around less than 20$ from Mouser/Digikey) getting one of those Triad Magnetics replacement power supplies mentioned by Neo Alec is a very good idea in general as they provide clean power and the extra amperage doesn’t hurt.

The stock AES PSUs are very well built and all but we are talking about something that has more than 30 years of life and prone to fail sooner or later if not recapped

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Meh, just return the cracked one, get a new PSU (if you don't feel comfortable enough using the original). All's well that ends well.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
So, I picked up the "recommended" PSU at the NeoStore and this is what I got in the mail today..

It arrived broken and the plastic end around the converter cable was shattered.

I'm pretty sure someone melted down McDonald's toys to make this. I'm not impressed at all.. I'm really hoping their customer service department is responsive in refunding people.

On the plus side, my Chinese 161 in 1 multicart showed up today and works and looks great. Should I take this as a lesson not to always trust something just because it's being sold and shipped within the US?
if you can get store credit, i recommend exchanging for this hidden gem:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I was playing vs Twinkle Star Sprites on Friday. Unfortunately I got destroyed.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Leave a Google review too you fucking mental cunt.

If I cOuLd GiVe ZeRo StArS I wOuLd.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm really hoping their customer service department is responsive in refunding people.

Hi Iconoclast12

I'm neo_moe from the customer service department. I apologize for the trouble with your order. I looked into your order and it seems like it was handled by one of our more junior/inexperienced associates, @Shawn. The NeoStore is committed to providing superior customer service, so I'll be sure to flag this to management to make sure he is dealt with accordingly.

A member of our customer care team will be in touch shortly. In the meantime, I thank you for your patience while we try to resolve this matter.

Regards,
neo_moe from The NeoStore team

Last edited: