Neowave button layout

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
an arcade around here actually managed to get KoF Neowave, totally didn't see that one coming.

now I haven't really been following anything regarding Neowave, and for that matter I pretty much stopped playing KoF after '98. But please tell me that the vending company that got the game are a bunch of retards and completely fucked up the button layout on the cabinet. It looks like this:

Code:
[A] [H] [D]
[C] [B]

(H = Heat, obviously).

I mean seriously, what the fuck is that.

EDIT: nevermind, question answered. The Search function sure does work wonders!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97490

EDIT EDIT: well, as long as this thread is here.... how the fuck do you beat Geese? Obviously there must be some retarded trick I don't know about.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Looks like you didn't find this thread ;)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119442

Anyway I found an AW offical cab with Neowave here in Barcelona and it has the same stupid button lay-out you posted... So I guess it is a common mistake. In the configuration screen of the AW you can change all the button functions anyway, if arcade ops are too lazy or stupid to use it, then it's another story.

About Geese, I can beat him if I put him to 1/3 of life after continuing with Joe or Andy. With Joe just do his super hurricane, he jumps to it and falls, then do regular hurricanes as he stands up. With Andy, keep doing his HCF+K from a distance (the DM/SDM versio if available), Geese usually trhows a power wave, but you'll go above it and hit him.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:

Wow, I'm retarded. :(

In my defense, I was only searching the KoF forum, and truth be told, I NEVER check Tech Support... so that's my excuse at least :emb:

About Geese, I can beat him if I put him to 1/3 of life after continuing with Joe or Andy. With Joe just do his super hurricane, he jumps to it and falls, then do regular hurricanes as he stands up. With Andy, keep doing his HCF+K from a distance (the DM/SDM versio if available), Geese usually trhows a power wave, but you'll go above it and hit him.

aw hell, I don't want to spend another 50 cents on the continue service :angry:

it seems like the best time to hit Geese is with a super-early jumping attack when he does a Buzzsaw Slice... I wonder if there's a way to force him to do one every time. AoF2 Geese could be baited into jumping by throwing out standing jabs.... hmmmm.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
BBH said:
aw hell, I don't want to spend another 50 cents on the continue service :angry:

Well, I own the game and have it on freeplay so it's no prob :D
Anyway I can breeze through the game in level 9 difficulty til I get to Geese... I think it is almost impossible to beat him when he is at full life, but as I said, with his life at 1/3 I can kill him quite easily with that tricks.