Netscape is slow and buggy!!

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I would rather have a fast loading block of links for the menu, using tables and text rather then the slow loading java. I hate having to wait around to get into the chat room, and Im on a cable modem... so I know its gotta be even slower for the dial ups.
Just my thoughts.

Shawn

snkusa.com
For as often as you visit these forums, one would think that this site would be stored in your HDD cache for quicker access by now. I’m on dialup at the moment, and neo-geo.com pops up instantly, < a second.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Maybe you should check your config Dreamh2o.
With a cable modem everything on this site should be extremly quick.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Originally posted by Shawn:
For as often as you visit these forums, one would think that this site would be stored in your HDD cache for quicker access by now. I’m on dialup at the moment, and neo-geo.com pops up instantly, < a second.

Maybe its Netscape, what happens when I visit, is that it starts with "email" and goes up box by box slowly making each box white, kinda like a thermometer... then when it hits the top, it goes down the whole way making the icons... I would estimate this takes 45 to 60 seconds each time I bring up the site.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I'm also on cable. Similarly run Netscape. I have to wait as well, but nowhere near that long. Maybe 15 seconds tops, but when you've got cable, anything slow seems to take forever.
smile.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I should have clarified: It's slow with the home page, but the forums page is instantaneous.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Yeah I tried loading it a few times with a watch on hand and its really about 21 seconds, before I can use the forums. I guess Im too picky
smile.gif

The forums load alright but sometimes I have to reload each frame again, for reasons I dont know half the time it doesnt display a thread without reloading. I belive thats netscape not the site.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Hmm, Just timed the Home page with my connection and the local cache cleared. Takes 4.5seconds with DSL modem & Win98/IE5. Why dont you try IE5 & see if it takes a long time for you also. Also you may want to run tracert to neo-geo.com It could be one of your hops is bad. Nothing you can do if thats the case.
-nick_th_fury

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
IE 5 loads instantly, with none of the silly filling in crap. ITs a netscape bug.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
For the Neo-Geo.com homepage, I think the problem with Netscape is that it is trying to load JAVA at the point when you access the homepage, that is why there is the slowdown, I know that is my experience....

If you want to see how fast a snail crawls, try Netscape 6 Preview on this site (or any site for that matter!)

I do like Netscape more than IE though...

Keith

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I hate them mystery changes... posts going to other groups, posts going away, topics changing... it very ghostly. it could say [edited] next to a change... so I knew I wasnt loosing my mind anyway.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Im running netscape and it loads instantly!
Looks like im very lucky

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited October 04, 2000).]

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
My netscape on my laptop and on my mac both are crap. They both shutdown over extended use.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
My Netscape does the same thing. The main page seems sluggish, updating each link with a white flash before displaying the graphic. I have to reload my browser to read the threads also. It must be a bug. >
frown.gif