New AES/MVS game : Opération Killmeister

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why isn't this shitty thread in the homebrew forum? It's not official SNK news or rumor.

More like lose and tumor.
If you make a pong clone and release it as a rom, it's homebrew. If you release fancy packaging for $500 with a multi-year lead time that will eventually resale for thousands, it's 'teh newz!'

I'm not saying I agree. I'm just explaining how this works.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Why isn't this shitty thread in the homebrew forum? It's not official SNK news or rumor.

More like lose and tumor.
Honestly this could be better then the horrid shit SNK outputs these days.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Dear retro-gamer friends,

You subscribed to our mailing list…and that was the right decision!

Yes it was, because at Kimera Gamesoft, we strive to design an original, surprising and fun game ; a game we really can't wait to unveil…when we will feel it is good enough to surprise you.

Since the company's inception, our goal has been to design and manufacture our NeoGeo AES / MVS PCB 100% in France rather than China in order to keep as much control as possible over our independence and the key steps of the whole production chain. So today we are proud to announce that our NeoGeo AES / MVS hardware cartridge prototype is fully operational.

During this process, we encountered a dramatic and unpredictable surge in the chip market, which had a significant impact on our agenda. But as we say “No pain, no game”, right? Therefore, our budget having already been raised two times, we have decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign in order to avoid reducing the quantity of game copies we will produce for the game's official release. We will let you know objectives, goals and rewards details when the time comes.

Moreover we have already secured the supply for the AES shells and snaplock boxes ; we had it all delivered earlier this past February.

We wanted to let you know, while confirming that our game Operation Killmeister for NeoGeo is coming for real and is going to be great. Furthermore, we will soon communicate about the long awaited gameplay of our game and as much information as possible will be disclosed before and during the Kickstarter campaign.

Little hint, first-in first-served based on our mailing list registration…in the limit of our upcoming production.

Thank you for your support!

Antoine, Aurelien, David
Kimera Gamesoft
user img
instagram icon
youtube icon

PS : a 3DO port of the game is currently being considered!

-----------------------------

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
And that means, let's wait another year! Yeah! Or maybe just 6 month if we are lucky! Or maybe forever if Fonzie is their friend!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Dear drug-addled idiot,

You subscribed to our mailing list…your first big mistake!

Yes it was, because at Kimera Gamesoft, we strive to rip off past game designs and concepts; a game that's never going to see the light of day…piece of shit we programmed on an old Amiga, never going to be fit for sale.

Since we came up with this scam, our goal has been fool you into thinking we wiil design and manufacture our NeoGeo AES / MVS PCB 100% in France rather than China in order to keep as much control as possible and stop our shit appearing on AliEXpress for half the price, and the key steps of the whole fake production chain. So today we are proud to announce that our NeoGeo AES / MVS hardware cartridge prototype made up of old Fatal Fury 3 carts is fully operational.

During this process, we didn't real plan or think out how we were going to produce our turd mass market, because to be honest, we never thought we'd find people stupid enough, which had a significant impact on our agenda. But as we say “No pain, no game”, right? Therefore, not wanting to risk our own cash, we have decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign in order to avoid running out of money for our crack habit, while making sure you never see your money again. We will continue to bullshit you from time to time.

Moreover we have already secured the supply for the AES shells and snaplock boxes ; found them in a lock-up in Canada with some Aero Fighters 3 carts.

We wanted to let you know, while confirming that our game Operation Killmeister for NeoGeo is total vapourware, and plays like it was programmed by Rot. Furthermore, we will soon show some crappy footage to make it look like we're doing something and make you want to throw your cash at us like drunken Japanese businessmen in a titty bar.

Little hint, to be the biggest loser you'll want to part with your money as soon as we say…to make you feel special.

Thank you for your support and feeding our drug habit!

Antoine, Aurelien, David
Kimera Gamesoft

www.kimera.gs

Kimera GameSoft

www.kimera.gs

PS : we'll consider hawking games on any old platform where there are wankers desperate to part with their money for "new" releases.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Dear retro gamer friends, some news at last... and good ones !

We have reinvested in our company and are finally able to do without a kickstarter. That is why we are going to launch pre-sales of our game, Operation Killmeister, directly on our website, likely before the end of 2023 ! Indeed, at Kimera Gamesoft, we want to preserve our autonomy and independence.

The pre-sales will begin after the release of several videos introducing diverse sets, enemies and gameplays.

Moreover, since last year, we have expanded our team. Kimera Gamesoft has now two pixel artists in addition of a programmer, a scenarist, a gameplay designer, a musician, a sound effect creator, a quality assurance manager and of course testers. Our artists have created a unique visual and sound environment (pixel art, SFX and audio themes).

Operation Killmeister will eventually include 10 different levels (including one hidden level) and three playable characters. The realization of the pixel art levels is at about 85% complete and we are working on the second playable character: Phil Nada.

Thus, the video posted today is a specific focus on Kriss Calypso gameplay. In the next video we will introduce various enemies and focus on their respective gameplay.

We have been waiting until we are satisfied with our work before showing the actual gameplay of our first game.

We want Operation Killmeister to be fun, ambitious and innovative, to the delight of retro gamers. That matters a lot to us.

More on the way, you won’t regret it !

The Kimera Gamesoft team,

Kimera Gamesoft SAS
https://www.kimera.gs
AIorK4xpnu5_qC3kAex4zighwwKp0mtR-WRMGNudx3mhVWHWnsaCrpYysU4f3-OjF510R16wf_yXvs0

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The animation and graphics are almost giving me a Mutant Rampage Bodyslam vibe. Definitely a Western-made feel.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Where's the threat? The enemies are punching bags
They've got the mechanics down.The sprites are a nice size.Looks like the game play could be something good.
The enemy sprites are damn ugly..throw that design in the trash..
The enemy sprites should be larger and not look like they jumped out of hospital bed with IV still hooked in.
BB

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
That walk cycle for the woman in the blue robot suit just kills me every time, the animation is this fast laid-back strut but she moves so unrealistically slow.
Yeah this also annoys me when I’m looking at this video. They need to change this

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This is terrible terrible editing, they need to hire an amateur marketer at least. And it seems like every third european homebrew needs to be edgy in some way, I'm way past my Heavy Metal magazine phase to care about those generic ass designs and gore sprites.

The art is very competent technically though and a far cry from what's already on the Neo for beat-em-ups. Mite be gud to play once it's out though.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Operation trudge through tar. I will stick with other options I have like powered gear, battle circuit or captain commando.