New Analogue console: Mega SG

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's been a while but DHL was terrible in the past.

It used to be Delivery Hassle Likely.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Priority is insurable, First Class is not.

You cannot even ship an insured envelope to Canada for $25. It would be close to $50 to ship a console. Feel free to check this on usps.com.

I'm well aware, and done so (shipped a console) before on $30 Priority; I've bought plenty from the states.

Any way you slice it, $50 is ridiculous and there are other options that are insured for less, case in point, the Super NT shipped for $32.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
This is so far up my alley - and totally unbeknownst to me up until now. Thanks for covering this. Any word on when you might do a review of the system?
Don't get your hopes up. The DE10-Nano board that most people seem to be using is $130 and requires a SDRAM add on.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This is so far up my alley - and totally unbeknownst to me up until now. Thanks for covering this. Any word on when you might do a review of the system?

Probably will be a while. A lot of stuff to cover.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Probably will be a while. A lot of stuff to cover.

Speaking of covering, can you please start covering your genitals in future videos? My kid doesn't need to see that.

Neural Tech

Banned
Good shit. Got the email too. Love the Super Nt, day one purchase for me.

Ditto, I ordered TWO of 'em. April '19 can't come soon eough!!!

I can't wait to play Streets of Rage, in HD, with the screen stretched far and wide to fill my 54" up, with its hot mess. I will slurp it up and love every second of it.

***no(((homo)))***

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I've used so many different clones in the past that did a shitty job. I agree with VBA, the Super Nt shits on anything out there. I don't even like to call it a clone because that word just doesn't do it justice. They should have just called it a Super Nintendo 2.

Me Personally, I rather have a FPGA HD console for every platform then deal with a Upscaler and fiddle with settings, been there done that. Also, the Picture is Stable and looks amazing compared to any upscaler I have ever used. Alot of those Upscalers don't fix problems like weird refresh rates in games that cause some TV's to freeze or go black. You don't suffer from any of those problems with the Super NT. $189 to play all my Snes/SFC games in Proper HD with no lag is nothing. Some people could easily spend that money buying 4 or 5 original Snes carts.

This is where I am with all this. Give me a way to play the "classics" on a 50" HD screen with little to no lag and I am happy. THIS IS THE FUTURE whether we like it or not. Eventually, as much as it will suck, the OSSEC and others will fail. Hate to admit it.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Got mine today.

I usually stick to original hardware. But since I‘m totally happy with the Super Nt, this was an instant buy. And I‘m not disappointed. :)

Crystal clear picture and it plays all I need:

- original md + ms carts (all regions)
- md + ms everdrives
- md, ms, sg and some gg games on everdrives
- scd + mcd games when connected to a scd or mcd drive
- supports cd bios loading from md everdrive to play mcd games on scd and vice versa
- even supports cdx pro (md cart for region free cd playing)

Good stuff! :cool:

PS: As usual, first update the fw. Mine came with a very old version 2.1, which didn‘t even supports ms games.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This system is not for me, but I am super impressed with the feature set and that it can also work with Sega CD.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks like a quality product, its nice seeing Analogue get away from the ultra niche overpriced pretentious hipster bullshit and just release a good product for a decent price. Love them to see them take the same approach with the Neo, just a good system built with high quality plastic..not fucking mahogany

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Mines getting here tomorrow. The review from MLIG was mostly positive, so i'm looking forward to playing with it.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Mine comes in Wednesday. Nice for the 75” 4k in the living room. The basement has the pvm setup. This is a nice plug and play option. The only thing I could ask from the analogue systems is translation patch support for carts but I realize that doesn’t work.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Watched the Game Sack review. It seems pretty badass with room for improvement via firmware updates and most likely jailbreaking.

But I probably won't buy it. I'm pretty happy with my raspberry pi. I will however buy those 8bitdo controllers.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Mine comes in Wednesday. Nice for the 75” 4k in the living room. The basement has the pvm setup. This is a nice plug and play option. The only thing I could ask from the analogue systems is translation patch support for carts but I realize that doesn’t work.

Crossing fingers for a jail break like the previous analogue consoles that lets you use the SD card to load ROMs eliminating the need for a flash cart

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
So ya'll still made at Christoph or nah?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
At least he got away from making overpriced horseshit out of aluminum greased by Scarlett Johansson's pussy and the tusk of the last white rhino. Now his products are just overpriced instead of criminally overpriced.

That said, seems like Kevtris does all of the work worth noting on those things. Like Wozniak to Christoph's Jobs.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
^ Christoph covers the back end stuff like paying sites to post news/reviews about his console releases.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I dont feel like the Mega SG nor the Super NT have been overpriced.

Obviously from a bill of materials and shipping perspective it would seem overpriced, but you also have to keep in mind the money that shelled out for R&D and reverse engineering of the original hardware. Kevtris doesn't work for free.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I dont feel like the Mega SG nor the Super NT have been overpriced.

Obviously from a bill of materials and shipping perspective it would seem overpriced, but you also have to keep in mind the money that shelled out for R&D and reverse engineering of the original hardware. Kevtris doesn't work for free.

You're probably right, but I mean 200+ is a car note or groceries for the month or a couple of hours with LoneSage's mom (including the coke).

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You're probably right, but I mean 200+ is a car note or groceries for the month or a couple of hours with LoneSage's mom (including the coke).

Maybe 20 years ago...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Maybe 20 years ago...

You can still get cheap leases for cars in Detroit. Some people actually fly in here to get the discount and drive back to their states.

Groceries ... ok, you got me there. I'm going with 100 bucks.

LS mom, well besides the inflated prices of coke, you can still get a quick BJ for 2 bucks.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I watched some reviews. The Game Gear games are still what interest me the most. But after watching, I'm not sure.

I know some will require the ability to tweak every little option in case they don't like things the way they are, but with all the volume and sound chip settings, they need to add a setting that just sets everything as close to original hardware as possible. Otherwise it'll be the same problem as the PC Engine Super System 3 -- I'll constantly be doubting the audio levels and veracity.