New Analogue console: Mega SG

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This explains why it is not easy to find an unmolested copy of Sonic 1 today.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Hahahaha, I feel exactly the same about this guy.

He's annoying but he's also informative. Which is preferable to say, MetalJesus or John Hancock who are annoying and not informative at all.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
This explains why it is not easy to find an unmolested copy of Sonic 1 today.

I just want a Canadian copy of the game, which has way cooler artwork (though not as cool as the MD version).

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Picked up a JP themed Mega SG the other day, with the 8BitDo M30 controller. Damn this controller is nice!

Been playing with it the last few days. Have to say I'm not missing using my PVM at all. It looks great on my Acer Predator monitor. Sounds pretty amazing with my Monoprice Monolith M1060C Planar headphones as well.

Have a few questions though, because I'm dumb with audio and video settings.

1. Headphone audio works great, but audio through my monitor cuts out, a lot. Any Ideas? This is with both Master System and Genesis games.

2. Is there any reason to own a FM Power Base Mini now? I'm playing a English Phantasy Star 1 with a translated JP Rom, and the FM audio seems to work with both the FM Powerbase Mini, and the included Analogue adapter.

3. What setting you all using for audio and video for 16x9 monitors?

I can't decide if Square Pixels, or 4:3 for 16x9 displays looks better. I watched that MyLifeinGaming video and they said you can do 5x or whatever, but it doesnt look right on my monitor. It looks all stretched.

I obviously want the largest picture I can get that is as close to what it would look like on a CRT. It doesn't have to be perfect, and I don't care if a small part of the screen is cut off. I just want it to look really nice.

For the audio, im completely confused what the majority of the setting even do, but again, I want it as close as possible to a Genny/SMS as possible.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I haven't experienced any audio issues with it hooked up to my tv. Maybe a audio setting on your monitor or possibly a faulty hdmi cable. I have my audio settings set to default.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I will however buy those 8bitdo controllers.
That's the best thing about this. Those controllers are fucking awesome.

Early versions of the 8BitDo M30 2.4G controller need to be updated. After some time, the connection drops randomly.

The required files can be found in the firmware section.

http://support.8bitdo.com/

Both the controller and receiver need firmware updates.

Controller update

- hold L+R and press START shortly
- connect the controller using an USB cable to your PC
- a USB drive with a label of the firmware version will show up
- just copy the appropriate controller .DAT file to this drive
- that's it, reconnect the controller to verify the label indicates the new firmware version

Receiver update

- open the receiver with a T5 torx
- connect the receiver using an USB cable to your PC
- a USB drive with a label of the firmware version will show up
- just copy the appropriate receiver .DAT file to this drive
- that's it, reconnect the receiver to verify the label indicates the new firmware version

Mine was shipped with V1.90. After updating to V2.00 the connection issues went away.

Btw, I had similar problems with the 8BitDo M30 BT version. Updating the firmware helped as well. This is done with the included update tool.