NEW Astro City Club

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I recapped the power supply, but it didn't fix the fluctuation. The 5v fluctuates up and down non-stop from 4.2v to 5.1 volt. Adjusting the pot doesn't stop the fluctuating either. Anyone knows what is going on? The PSU is the last piece I need to take care of before firing this cab up. I need help.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I recapped the power supply, but it didn't fix the fluctuation. The 5v fluctuates up and down non-stop from 4.2v to 5.1 volt. Adjusting the pot doesn't stop the fluctuating either. Anyone knows what is going on? The PSU is the last piece I need to take care of before firing this cab up. I need help.

There is a 5 volt regulator in there you can replace that, other only thing it can be once you change that I would guess would be the pot itself. I had to change a 5 volt regulator before on one the part was like 5 bucks or so. Dumb question but just in case you are testing the voltage under load correct?

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I am not testing under load because I don't want to hurt my board. I've tested PSU before without a PCB connected and never had fluctuation. There's not a lot inside the PSU, so what does the regulator look like? Where can I order another (mouser, digikey?)?

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
PSU problem resolved! Someone advised me to check out the (originally posted on) KLOV thread below for ditching the Astro PSU in favor of a HAPP. Took about an hour to get everything connected and worked first time. I know its not original, but should be more reliable and make maintenance easier.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=32406

Last edited:

ckong65

n00b
Wow, I'm new to this forum and then I stumble right across the best topic that I've ever seen in a game forum, putting the most beautiful Candy cab of all candy cabs in the spotlight. :) And this on a NeoGeo forum. I've had a NAC for about 8 years but unfortunately had to sell it a few years ago.

She also had two sister, also gone unfortunately.

So, at the moment I'm without any cab. But the good news is that I'm talking with someone with the aim to get a nice NAC again. Can't wait to see those beautiful scanlines on the CRT. Well, I already have a (repro) marquee header, it's just a matter of time bedfore the rest will enter my gameroom again.

Last edited:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Anyone have an adjustment guide for a MS9? In horizontal position, the picture bulges out in the center and then pulled in at the four corners (pincushion?). The vertical lines have a very noticeable curve on the outsides of the monitor. I don't want to mess with the pots without knowing which ones do what.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Anyone have an adjustment guide for a MS9? In horizontal position, the picture bulges out in the center and then pulled in at the four corners (pincushion?). The vertical lines have a very noticeable curve on the outsides of the monitor. I don't want to mess with the pots without knowing which ones do what.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Nanao_MS9
manual and pots image is there. make sure you have a plastic screwdriver! SPC15 is the pin cushion in 15khz