New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Id love for this to be done properly, after all, the complete blueprint is there in the 3D0 and DOS versions. This looks to be a bit of a "Mugeny" take on it though

ozzyyzzo

n00b
Id love for this to be done properly, after all, the complete blueprint is there in the 3D0 and DOS versions. This looks to be a bit of a "Mugeny" take on it though

that's the idea, we will use original assets but development will not follow original gameplay at all.. what you see is just an early prototype started 1 month ago ;-)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
VERY interested on this one. It should have been made in the commercial era. If things are done with love and taking it profesionally, this could become a good seller game nowadays. But remember, NeoGeo has a demanding audience.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
While I applaud any & all efforts that have been and are being put forth into this project, the initial video provided here doesn’t look, sound, play, or feel like a NeoGeo “hardware” game. It literally reminds me of what was done with Treasure of the Caribbean. In these situations, when resurrecting or recreating a long lost NeoGeo proto from available materials, less is more. If your aim is to put together a “what may have been” program, then limit yourself to what looks and sounds and plays and runs on original NeoGeo hardware. Yes, the game could be built up to the standards of a PlayStation or Xbox title, but then, why are you making it to run on NeoGeo hardware? Why limit yourself in that way?

As stared, we already have a 3DO version and a PC version. If you want to make a new super enhanced Windows version, then great, go ahead and do so. But an enhanced NeoGeo splash screen boot up jingle (and other similar kinds of reworking) is not only unnecessary on the NeoGeo hardware, but it’s also completely out of place there? (again, assuming your aim is to make a playable rom set for NeoGeo), which is unclear if that is what your doing here?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Porting this will be cool but will you actually be able to take it to the finish line? Don't get me wrong but fighting games have a lot of intricacies, even a shitty Korean one. I feel like fighting games must be the hardest to port successfully if you don't have original source.

But an enhanced NeoGeo splash screen boot up jingle (and other similar kinds of reworking) is not only unnecessary on the NeoGeo hardware, but it’s also completely out of place there?

I don't think that was supposed to be part of the game...

The bull punching simulator I've always dreamed of.

We need more games from the beat-them-bulls-up (bullups) genre on the Neo. Fighting History Dynamite is cool but we need more bull punching variety.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
VERY interested on this one. It should have been made in the commercial era. If things are done with love and taking it profesionally, this could become a good seller game nowadays. But remember, NeoGeo has a demanding audience.

If it have to much demading, why they don´t give us the rest in carts? They want money or not?
SNK? Just release the hidding data already. :qcf:

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
More progress.
But i still preffer to see a perfect port from the MS-DOS Version.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
It keeps better then ever... but the creator should at least put the same as the 3DO version. If is a Tsunami Edition is a new improved version. Is using the gameplay of Fighter's History to looks the same as the original. I hope he made it good.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
OzzyOuzo, it was quite amazing to be able to play this on my MVS cab. Though bittersweet because I'm sure the original Neo Geo game is sitting unplayed in Korea somewhere.

Thanks for your efforts on this. Though it's obviously unfinished, I'm impressed by what's there so far. I wasn't expecting music during gameplay, based on the video online. Is the music all recordings from the 3DO version?

Sometimes the music cuts out, and the game crashed for me once (sorry I missed my chance to get a shot of the Unibios error that was displayed).

I plan to donate some to the project when it's closer to completion.

ozzyyzzo

n00b
Yep u can expect random crashes, bugs and so on from this early version ^^
it's also barely playable as is as the game hasn't been tuned at all yet!

The main goal for this Alpha version was the integration of all game assets (well, most of them)
and yes, we are using assets and musics from original PC and 3DO versions.

That said, many things will be improved with the next Beta version and at a later date final rom will be released for FREE.

Enjoy!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The PC soundtrack always struck me as the arranged version, while the 3DO soundtrack seems close to what the Neo Geo cartridge version would have sounded like.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Yep u can expect random crashes, bugs and so on from this early version ^^
it's also barely playable as is as the game hasn't been tuned at all yet!

The main goal for this Alpha version was the integration of all game assets (well, most of them)
and yes, we are using assets and musics from original PC and 3DO versions.

That said, many things will be improved with the next Beta version and at a later date final rom will be released for FREE.

Enjoy!
Cool! Looking foward for the next update of this Eye of Typhoon recreation :)
OzzyOuzo, it was quite amazing to be able to play this on my MVS cab. Though bittersweet because I'm sure the original Neo Geo game is sitting unplayed in Korea somewhere.

Thanks for your efforts on this. Though it's obviously unfinished, I'm impressed by what's there so far. I wasn't expecting music during gameplay, based on the video online. Is the music all recordings from the 3DO version?

Sometimes the music cuts out, and the game crashed for me once (sorry I missed my chance to get a shot of the Unibios error that was displayed).

I plan to donate some to the project when it's closer to completion.
There has to be an original proto of TEoT on Neo Geo out there but I commend well made recreation efforts like this :D