New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Thanks for sharing Zouzzz, I'm digging the OST :keke:

The game is real!

Kudos to @Catoblepa for the awesome art, I hope you guys will like it :beer:
I'll be posting some pics as well soon :)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Do you know that using the Neo Geo logo for your AES artworks is a Copyright infringement? :shame:
Your username infringes on Alphabet Inc's intellectual property. Please contact a mod to change it ASAP before you are held libel.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Nice unboxing but gotta love the part when he wants to open the homecart box and sees uiuiui it is sealed. Which stops the unboxing immediatly. :glee:
But nice extras and seems everything was made with a lot of love!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
By hte way where can one get a copy of the game as a homecart or MVS kit? Will itb e released "officially"?

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
By hte way where can one get a copy of the game as a homecart or MVS kit? Will itb e released "officially"?

It will never, ever be released "officially".
As for your other question... let me talk to the powers that be first ;)

(sorry about the pics that haven't come yet, I need to replace all the neo geo logos with van damme faces first)

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
20221211.jpg

20221213.jpg

20221212.jpg

20221214.jpg

20221215.jpg

20221216.jpg

20221219.jpg

20221217.jpg

20221218.jpg

20221220.jpg

20221221.jpg

20221223.jpg

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
It will never, ever be released "officially".
As for your other question... let me talk to the powers that be first ;)

(sorry about the pics that haven't come yet, I need to replace all the neo geo logos with van damme faces first)

Yeah I meant unofficially definitely. Like via Pixelheart or Joshprod though have to admit I don't fancy those two too much. Or smaller run thorugh your website? Seems like the material is already there.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah I meant unofficially definitely. Like via Pixelheart or Joshprod though have to admit I don't fancy those two too much. Or smaller run thorugh your website? Seems like the material is already there.

Yup. So that first limited/numbered run is sold out. A couple of things in the production / assembly will need to change or be questioned (too much of it was handmade, and we're not sure we'll do the whole lot of goodies again) , but we can do another run soon enough indeed - it's going to be a forum/discord only distribution though. If you can bear with these kind of methods (which will include preordering) you can shoot me a PM or just watch the topic. :)

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Right, so I'm completely behind of things luckily I have a friend posting pics on the interwebs:

I know the collectard shit isn't going to get any praise, but at least you get to see the lovely artwork @Catoblepa has made for the game (which includes boobs) :beer:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
The art looks fantastic. Better than what they offered with limited run
Thanks SnowxSakura, I really appreciate it (and thanks Johnny! Yeah, drawing boobs was the most enjoyable part of the job :cheers:).
From what I've seen, Viccom repurposed old artwork for the limited run, making lots of shiny gadgets but creating absolutely nothing new; I even wonder if they had the original assets, 'cause the stuff I've seen looked upscaled to hell and back (probably from a manual). I'm not sayin' I've done a better job than the original artists - they're excellent professionals, I'm just an amateur - but the idea was making something new and different ;) The game itself is TEOT on the surface, but it's also something very different.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just noticed the packaging on this doesn't mention "Tsunami Edition," and that's a shame. My biggest concern with this excellent release is people confusing it for the real thing. There is still an original Viccom Neo Geo version out there, and I want to make sure it makes it into the hands of the public some day.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
I just noticed the packaging on this doesn't mention "Tsunami Edition," and that's a shame. My biggest concern with this excellent release is people confusing it for the real thing. There is still an original Viccom Neo Geo version out there, and I want to make sure it makes it into the hands of the public some day.

Hey Alec

The front cover art is already loaded with details, and we didn't want to add even more logos to the front - the insert does mention the tsunami edition thing though (albeit only on the back) ; so do the manual and the cart labels.
I think it's doing us way too much honour to think our release might have any impact on one of the original by Viccom.

(oh and btw - actually, I suggest that anyone interested in getting a copy when we make some more doesn't wait too long to PM me )

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I appreciate the response. You guys have more power than you think. This has already popped up on ebay, and there are collectors planning to use this as a placeholder for the real thing in their collection.