New (Odd Ball) MVS "Slot" Consolizer.......that is styled like a first gen Neo Geo CD (WTF?)

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Saw this come up on my Google news feed yesterday:

Here is a link to their janky assed kickstarter:

So.......thoughts?

For me: I try to be positive of new developments & not become cynical but I find this shit pretty fucking lame. I take Engrish from SNk proper with a grain of salt (hell, it's practicaly expected) but the presentation of this hacks kickstarter is practically offensive. Butchered english from a guy who (at least to me) comes across as another douchebag trying to cash in on the platform & the scene.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I see a few things that make this project stand out.

1.) it uses something other than a MV-1C
2.) it’s not in a project box
3.) it’s easy to assemble.

It’s not really my style, but it adds variety to the market. My biggest complaint is that it uses a carrier to add/remove the game carts.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
It's lame... ok there's three threads where I got to say it, lol.

Yeah the plug-in assembly of the harness is great, but I still think this looks pretty goofy overall. The whole appeal of the front-loading NGCD is the, uh, front loading CD-ROM drive, without it it's just boxy plastic, and the analogous here (a fake CD tray and a MVS cart caddy that's as big as the shell itself) are comical substitutes. The caddy's even funnier when it's contrasted with the usual scuffed and damaged MVS carts you'd use with that thing.

BTW how do you remove the cartridge without having to put strength pulling the so called tray with one hand while holding the system with the other hand? Seems like an awkward mechanism in practice now that I think of it.

Spoiler:
oric one kickstarter when?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
1678367705743.png

looking at this other model they put on the kickstarter page it actually seems pretty neat, that seems like a fun kit.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Looks French.
Neat but I'll pass.
I want someone to release a consolizer for the MV1.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Seems ok, and well made, but it's not quite on point design wise, and for these kind of prices you'd kind of hope it was all perfect.

Some of the extras like hdmi and harness seem ok, but weak, and that kind of undermines it all.