New ongoing sportsball thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Figured with football season upon us and another NBA/NHL season around the corner we could use a new thread.

Broncos named Teddy Bridgewater their starting QB today. I like the part where he isn't Drew Lock. That's probably his best quality.

famicommander

15 Year Member
YOU THINK YOUR NFL THREAD MAKES YOU IMPORTANT, PAL?

xFAMIx

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Welp, I would be watching the Argos tomorrow, but Edmonton decided to be full of COVID instead.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Welp, I would be watching the Argos tomorrow, but Edmonton decided to be full of COVID instead.
It was good to finally get to see the Bombers celebrate their Grey Cup. They need Harris back badly, though.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
YAY no more Drew Lock. I could still have done with Fields, but Surtain looks like he's going to be a stud and at least Bridgewater is alright.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Thoughts on Hattori Hanzo's dedicated NBA thread made six hours after this thread was made?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Why call it a sportsball thread? Last time I saw an NHL game, they used a puck! :tickled:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why call it a sportsball thread? Last time I saw an NHL game, they used a puck! :tickled:
Fami wants to include shit that no one gives a fuck about like lacross.

He wants a place to piss into the wind, while you dumb turds stand next to him to get rained on.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm probably more guilty of this than him. I like niche sports such as Handball, Rugby Union, Canadian football, box lacrosse, and field hockey.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

He wants a place to piss into the wind, while you dumb turds stand next to him to get rained on.
He did give me a lot of crap when I mentioned Indoor Football awhile back :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
He did give me a lot of crap when I mentioned Indoor Football awhile back :tickled:
That's because the IFL is basically the Weekend at Bernie's version of the AFL. They parade around the names of long dead teams and offer a quality of play that is nowhere close to the same level.

It'd be like if your town lost their MLB or NHL team and they replaced them with a Pioneer League or USHL team of the same name and colors.

Kinda like the clowns currently calling themselves Atari.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That's because the IFL is basically the Weekend at Bernie's version of the AFL. They parade around the names of long dead teams and offer a quality of play that is nowhere close to the same level.

It'd be like if your town lost their MLB or NHL team and they replaced them with a Pioneer League or USHL team of the same name and colors.

Kinda like the clowns currently calling themselves Atari.
May be true, that however since there is no longer an AFL, the IFL is the next best thing and most likely will be positioned to become the next AFL.

You wait another year and that town losing their NHL team will likely be Phoenix ;)

famicommander

15 Year Member
May be true, that however since there is no longer an AFL, the IFL is the next best thing and most likely will be positioned to become the next AFL.

You wait another year and that town losing their NHL team will likely be Phoenix ;)
"Next best thing" and "good enough to be entertaining" are two very different things. I've seen an IFL game in person and it sucked. Inferior rule set, inferior playing surface, worse players than even the sad re-iterations of the AFL much less the 1987-2008 original.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
"Next best thing" and "good enough to be entertaining" are two very different things. I've seen an IFL game in person and it sucked. Inferior rule set, inferior playing surface, worse players than even the sad re-iterations of the AFL much less the 1987-2008 original.
Your opinion and what you mostly said I will concede however it's the only game and league around and the road to the United Bowl leads through the Snake Pit inside the Footprint Center. Go Rattlers :buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
You just never know which Argos team is showing up, the one that beat the Bombers or the one that gets absolutely leveled against the Ti-cats.