New Phoenix Wright Prequel announced!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The new game is supposed to take place during the Meiji era. Ever since Rurouni Kenshin and the Last Blade, I've found that period to be very interesting.

I'm a big fan of the series, they can be nonsensical at times, but the writing and localization usually do a pretty good job of keeping me entertained. This has the same director so I think it's safe to expect more of the same style. Fingers crossed for a stateside physical release.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...in-19th-century-with-ancestor-named-ryunosuke

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hope this goes well, I enjoy the Ace Attorney series and its weirdness. I just want to know how the weird moments will work out in this era, I mean they had a whale as a character in the last game. A whale.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I hope this goes well, I enjoy the Ace Attorney series and its weirdness. I just want to know how the weird moments will work out in this era, I mean they had a whale as a character in the last game. A whale.

With the era in mind, Capcom has such an advantage with what they can do. I smell crime scene investigations done in a kabuki style, maybe even some Japanese style artwork thrown into it too.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm hyped for this. I do find it interesting that it isn't a sidestory. I'm expecting to see some callbacks to the earlier games. Maybe Ami Fey and the origins of the Fey clan?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Nice but I wouldn't count on a physical release in the west.

bugula

Member,
Been pretty excited for this over the past couple days. Anyone know what the deal is with Layton v. Wright? I caved and grabbed the UK version (and a freaking UK 2DS so I could play the damn thing) because there still is no info on release date for NA. Capcom still hasn't even said if there'll be a physical release.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm fine with that for portable games. I just hope we get it here.

agreed. not holding my breath but it would be nice, especially since they charge the same price don't for digital/physical don't they?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I played the first at release and am just now finally catching up with the series. Currently on the second game. Wonder if i'll be all caught up by the time this one comes out :)

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
agreed. not holding my breath but it would be nice, especially since they charge the same price don't for digital/physical don't they?

Typically eShop prices are the same as the physical versions. Dual Destinies was eShop exclusive and was released for $30 though.

Still waiting on Layton vs Ace Attorney info in the US. If that's not coming out here, I don't have any hope for this one being brought over either.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I played the first at release and am just now finally catching up with the series. Currently on the second game. Wonder if i'll be all caught up by the time this one comes out :)

You should be, I find that they are very engrossing and make time pass very quickly

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah I notice that they are very good pick up and play games. Being able to sleep my 3DS anytime I need a break is so good.

dr_spizzah21

Rugal's Thug
Here's hoping they somehow work gumshoe's ancestor into this. He's been missing the last few titles if I remember correctly.
And wow the localization team is gonna have quite a hurdle with this one.