New Sega Astro City Mini V - 1st time ports APB, Battle Bakraid, Truxton II

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Didn't see this elsewhere, but a new Astro City is coming to town and I'm in this time. Huge fan of Armed Police Batrider (roker's favorite shmup ... ever!), so consider this a day 1 pick-up for me.

games announced so far:

• Action Fighter
  • Aero Fighters (Sonic Wings)
  • Armed Police Batrider*
  • BATSUGUN
  • Battle Bakraid Unlimited Version*
  • Cosmo Police Galivan
  • Desert Breaker*
  • Dogyuun*
  • Fire Shark (Same! Same! Same!)
  • Grind Stormer (V・V)
  • Gunbird
  • Moon Cresta
  • Out Zone*
  • Raiden
  • Samurai Aces (Sengoku Ace)
  • Sorcer Striker (Mahou Daisakusen)
  • Strikers 1945
  • TATSUJIN
  • Terra Cresta
  • Truxton II (TATSUJIN OH)*
  • Wrestle War
  • ZAXXON
*First-time ports. Out Zone and Dogyuun are first-time ports for Japan.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Wow - that's a mighty good collection of shmups :drool_2:

I'm tempted... even though I can't imagine actually doing any good with these games on that tiny screen and with that controller.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Great but frustratingly difficult bunch of games. I would probably end up smashing it against a wall in anger.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Wow - that's a mighty good collection of shmups :drool_2:

I'm tempted... even though I can't imagine actually doing any good with these games on that tiny screen and with that controller.

Has an HDMI out and you can buy a joystick/controller for it.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I...want to play these ports but don't want to buy that hardware?
Can you really call them ports? Even the stuff on the last Astro was missing features like dip settings. It’s fancy emulation and a nice collectible but true port it is not.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A sordid tale of lust, drugs, and greed

I didn't even know there was a 2nd version coming out. This deserved it's own thread not only for that but there's some really good games getting their first ports. That's pretty big news.

Dogyuun
APB
Battle Bakraid
Truxton II

Those 4 alone will make most people blow their loads over this.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I mean it’s whatever. Maybe this will be the start of some proper ports. I feel like M2 promised these games years ago and haven’t delivered.

I’m still buying and if M2 gets around to releasing super special ports I’ll get those too.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I've reached the point in my life where I don't want a bunch of these things sitting around taking up space just to own a few games. Put it on console/pc and I'll buy it, otherwise pass.

These things are like a monkey's paw wish. Capcom's Alien vs Predator beatemup got a home port ... on some abomination megajoystick thing. And so did Punisher ... on a 1up cab. Now a bunch of highly anticipated shmups are coming ... on some over-engineered minicab-thing. Muahahaha wishes granted motherfucker!

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Dogyuun
APB
Battle Bakraid
Truxton II

At a glance, I thought APB was referring to Atari's top down police car game from the early 90s, APB... I thought that would be a bizarre inclusion considering the other games in this collection, but hey its vertical, so it fits the mix on that condition only:LOL:. Glad to see its Batrider.

apb-arcade-cabinet.png

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
At a glance, I thought APB was referring to Atari's top down police car game from the early 90s, APB... I thought that would be a bizarre inclusion considering the other games in this collection, but hey its vertical, so it fits the mix on that condition only:LOL:. Glad to see its Batrider.

apb-arcade-cabinet.png

Oh snap. Yeah I remember this game. I don’t remember it being any good. I see it’s on midway arcade treasures 2. I’ll have to fire it up