New Star Wars stuff announced

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The pacing on the Favreau stuff can be slow at times but the shows are quality and the production values are high. The Disney+ offerings are really hit or miss, especially on the Marvel shows.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The fukin emo hipster vespa gang is very out of place and retarded
I do not disagree.

I get what they are going for, instead of piss a bunch of kids with potential off, hire them. But the power rangers color scheme was just so out of place.

And whats with that fight against Black Krrsantan being overtaken by said kids, and Boba being beat the fuck up? lol

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Boba gets beat up in every episode.

Also, these assassins suck. How do you fail to kill a sleeping man when you have a gun, a sword, and the strength, claws, and teeth of a wookie?

Boba spends half of every episode strolling around town without his helmet on, but instead of shooting him in the head everyone decides to challenge him to fisticuffs?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Boba gets beat up in every episode.

Also, these assassins suck. How do you fail to kill a sleeping man when you have a gun, a sword, and the strength, claws, and teeth of a wookie?

Boba spends half of every episode strolling around town without his helmet on, but instead of shooting him in the head everyone decides to challenge him to fisticuffs?
That's the thing that bothers me the most, is that Boba keeps getting his ass handed to him. I mean, the dude survived the sarlaac, kicked extreme amounts of ass in those couple episodes of Mando season 2, and then we get this dude thats kinda lame? Im liking the show so far, and last nights ep was cool because it had some decent elements of comedy (the dudes with the painting, etc) but then the choices of those mod kids...

Although, Danny fucking Trejo as a Rancor trainer? Thats just tits.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Robert Rodriguez directed episodes 1 and 3, which I thought were both weaker than episode 2. He still has one more episode this season.

All the other episodes have individual directors: Steph Green for episode 2 and Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Kevin Tancharoen for the others. All seven episodes were written by Favreau, with Filoni getting the sole co-writing credit for the episode he directs.

I hope it's just the Rodriguez episodes that turned out dull. I'm interested to see whose name pops up for episode 4.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
So they're literally going to have two live action shows about dudes with Boba Fett helmets going simultaneously?

Color me skeptical.

Watched the first two Boba episodes. It's fine, good even, but my skepticism that this is going to offer very little to set it apart from Mando is definitely not assuaged.

The only thing they have is that they can fill in some Boba story between Sarlaac up to killing Bib Fortuna, but the actual action (the train raid with the Tuskans especially) could easily fit into any Mandalorian episode. They might be able to do a little more 'bad guy' stuff with Boba than Mando, but Mando was always pretty lawful neutral anyway so certain episodes were easy to pull off typical 'bad guy' stuff without making Mando unlikeable. And since they have gone the route of Boba stating he will rule with respect rather than fear only brings him closer to Mando as a character rather than differentiating them.

I don't hate it, but it seems very lazy conceptually.

lithy

20 Year Member
M, you thinking about making a Rancor head out of leftover TMNT figures and papier mache?

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week's episode was better. Seems like we're done with the flashbacks now.

lithy

20 Year Member
Getting impatient with the slow pace of Boba Fett.

Also, what the fuck? Boba now leads a cyberpunk scooter gang?

Catching up on the next two episodes tonight.

Ep3 - Besides for the embarassing look of the scooter gang, what was with the glacial pace of that 'chase'? Literally felt like they were going at Power Wheels speeds. I get maybe you couldn't do the same speeder bike speeds that the Endor forest RotJ scene had, but man, it feels comically slow. They could have run through the city streets and made it feel more tense.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Three episodes left.

Bryce Dallas Howard is up next, then Filoni, then back to Robert Rodriguez for the finale.

So far the two not directed by Rodriguez were much better than the two that were (2 and 4 > 1 and 3).

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
4th ep was solid. And it kinda sorta gave us an idea on how long Boba was in the pit. He said "all those years ago" but it still doesn't clarify if he got out quick and it's been 30 years, or if he'd been in there for 30. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it hasn't been explicitly stated.

Actually.. I'm an idiot. It's only been about 5 years, just like Mando.

Also, that flute when Shand says "if you know where to look.." nicely done.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
He could’ve conceivably lived with the raiders for a few years as well.

And yeah that car chase lol.

I don’t mind his misfit mod biker gang but their bikes do look out of place. They’re too clean.

Can’t believe Machete is in this lol.

lithy

20 Year Member
I think Danny Trejo is a good fit. Other than being recognizable from outside Star Wars, which is always sort of an issue when it 'takes you out of it', he has the right look to be a natural fit at Jabba's Palace. Now what they'll do with the Rancor...uh... relationship I am much more skeptical about.

Much like Amy Sedaris was a good fit but I didn't like quite how comically she played the character and maybe that's just what you get with Amy Sedaris, but I think that actually comes down more to writing/directing than casting. But Disney has shown for a while now that they're much more willing to make Star Wars: The Comedy Fun Hour rather than a realistic universe with an earnest (not dour, just appropriately serious) tone

Always remember kids, C-3PO was levity not slapstick. And there is a big difference. It should be telling that RotJ, broadly regarded as the worst of the original trilogy (The Last Jedi says hold my beer) contains far and away the most slapstick.

Boba Fett? Boba Fett?! WHERE?

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hilarious.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We’re going to see Boba ride the Rancor and crush his enemies.

It’ll be great.

And yes agreed that Trejo fits with in.

famicommander

15 Year Member
display