New Star Wars stuff announced

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fuck it, while were at it why don't they bring Vader back from the dead or clone him or some shit. Let's even things out a bit.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@ Shroom: You’re miserable most times on here, man. Better luck next birthday.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Fuck it, while were at it why don't they bring Vader back from the dead or clone him or some shit. Let's even things out a bit.

Unfortunately we’ll get to see Vader in the Obi Wan show :(

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
RE: Pascal being a queen about his face..

I heard those rumors were debunked?

Loved the season finale. Every moment of it was pure fan service, and it was done fucking WELL.

Spoiler:
I was kinda hoping for a super secret surprise of Sebastian Stan as a young Luke, and almost thought it was when he lifted the hood. I still dont know how they got Hamill to de-age his voice. He's all raspy and gravelly now. But it was apparently all him, except for the de-aging of the facial face.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Well, they brought back the emperor, so why not?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll say one thing...watching a bunch of stuff on Disney+ slaughtered my bandwidth. Got a nasty-gram from my ISP stating I burned through 250Gb in 13 days of a 30 billing cycle. All the 4KHDR is a no-go, I guess. I also didn't know I had a cap...

Either way, I figured out that I could get into setting and down the streaming to 1080p...that should help.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll say one thing...watching a bunch of stuff on Disney+ slaughtered my bandwidth. Got a nasty-gram from my ISP stating I burned through 250Gb in 13 days of a 30 billing cycle. All the 4KHDR is a no-go, I guess. I also didn't know I had a cap...

Either way, I figured out that I could get into setting and down the streaming to 1080p...that should help.

Internet should've been nationalized from the get-go. What a fucking shitshow watching from the outside.

What a great idea to let the cocksuckers at Comcast basically own internet in America.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
From my third world viewpoint I always wonder what the fuck are Americans doing to get stepped on so hard by ISPs. Even in my parent's home in a small town we have a consistent 10mb/s upload and download with no data caps through fiber, not only that but also not under CGN (aka real IPv4 address assigned to router).

What grave did you guys raid for having such shitty ISPs and health insurance?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
We're being punished by the Native American gods for what we did to the country and its' indigenous people, especially Custer's Revenge on the Atari 2600. But, M, I hear you cry, Native Americans have shitty health insurance and internet too, and I say back onto you, I'm an amateur fleshlight fabricator, not a theologist, bother someone else with your difficult and insightful questions.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
From my third world viewpoint I always wonder what the fuck are Americans doing to get stepped on so hard by ISPs. Even in my parent's home in a small town we have a consistent 10mb/s upload and download with no data caps through fiber, not only that but also not under CGN (aka real IPv4 address assigned to router).

What grave did you guys raid for having such shitty ISPs and health insurance?

You ain't kidding.

US consumers are caught between the butt and the fuck when it comes to bandwidth. Streaming companies and hardware manufacturers making services that destroy bandwidth...and ISPs crunching down on data then charging the shit out of you to use it.

We're paying some $140/month for two cell phones on Verizon and the data "plan" is 3Gb/mo. 3 fucking Gb! I had unlimited data through them a decade ago for a fraction of that cost. Verizon's current data "plans" are fucking terrible. How about 5Gb/mo? $80/mo for two phones + all the other fees and taxes. Want unlimited? $120/mo for two phones...and yeah, then add in all the other fees and shit. We priced that, it was just shy of $200/mo for that.

"data" access here in the US is outrageous. Two phones with unlimited data and a home cable modem capped at 250Gb/mo is just shy of $300/mo.

*EDIT*

How's this for a punch in the dick? Taking my $45/mo massive 3Gb/mo cell phone plan to a whopping 5Gb/mo plan would take that $45/mo to $100/mo. $65/mo for 2Gb of data...

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Finished Mando S02

Fire Kennedy.

Replace with Favreau.

Fire the Star Wars Story Group.

Replace with Filoni.

Decanonize the Disney Films.

Star Wars is fixed.

Five easy steps.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Finished Mando S02

Fire Kennedy.

Replace with Favreau.

Replace with Filoni.

Star Wars is fixed.

Five easy steps.

Bingo Bango

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Finished Mando S02

Fire Kennedy.

Replace with Favreau.

Replace with Filoni.

Star Wars is fixed.

Five easy steps.

I don't think anyone would complain about re-telling Luke's post episode VI story...

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finished Mando S02

Fire Kennedy.

Replace with Favreau.

Replace with Filoni.

Star Wars is fixed.

Five easy steps.

:buttrock:

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't think anyone would complain about re-telling Luke's post episode IV story...

I think that making him a failure at the edge of space is the biggest 'fuck you' to the franchise and its fans ever. Mean spirited and petty.

Force ghost Yoda telling Luke that failure is the greatest teacher is fucking gay.

Luke already learned that lesson.

In Episode V.

Put me in an octagon with Rian Johnson for five minutes.

I'll teach him about failure.

You will be entertained.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think that making him a failure at the edge of space is the biggest 'fuck you' to the franchise and its fans ever. Mean spirited and petty.

Force ghost Yoda telling Luke that failure is the greatest teacher is fucking gay.

In Episode V.

You will be entertained.

I think the part that bothered me the most was they turned Luke into cynical quitter.

Luke stood for hope, commitment, and long suffering. His refusal to quit, his holding on to hope, and his no giving in to temptation is what made him great. He had moments where he slipped and fell...and he was a whiner at times...but that made it even better. To make him nearly kill Ben because of a "vision" (you know, after nearly sacrificing his life due to nothing more than a belief that there was still something worth saving in his father)...then turn him into a complete coward having him run away was disgraceful. Even Mark Hamill was pissed about it, he knew that Johnson had done the character dirty.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
'Whining', as you unfairly put it, is an element of the monomyth.

It is a reflection of immaturity in the hero, indicating a need to distance himself from the womb.

Seeing the world in selfish, narcissistic terms is an intrinsic part of the journey.

People annoyed by Luke's immaturity in the first film annoy me.

He's a kid. We're watching him grow up.

It isn't until Biggs dies during the Death Star run that he truly realizes the gravity of the situation.

This is why the scene with Biggs telling Luke he's leaving is so important and why it's all but a crime that it's been removed from every commercially available cut of the film.

Bigga represents temptation. To return to the womb at a moment when he most needs to emerge from it.

'It'll be like Beggar's Canyon back home.'

The Death Star trench is the analogy.

Only this time, there's no buddy to finish the run with.

A Beggar's Canyon run would be the only thing that would complete the first movie. Lead the audience. Make them believe that this is a journey Luke can share with old friends.

But he can't. The hero must only return home AFTER wisdom has been gained. That is the way it is.

So Luke 'whining' is perfectly fine. Same as any young hero on the first steps of the journey.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I got to say returning to a womb does sound pretty tempting

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

In Episode V.

You will be entertained.

I agree with you that it’s a fuck you to the fans and the franchise.

Luke threw down his lightsaber in Ep. VI in the face of his father and the emperor, because he would not submit to the Dark Side even to save his own life...and now you’re rying to tell me he pulled his lightsaber on a kid? Nah, fam I ain’t buying it. Hell I’d buy Luke not being the most powerful Jedi in existence before I’d ever buy Luke pulling a lightsaber on a blood relative, let alone a child. But I guess the old guard are just degenerates, amirite?

Even if one were to reject the premise that it is just a fuck you to the fans and/or part of some woke agenda I would just point out that it’s really lazy writing. As Taiso points out, we already have the story of learning from failure.

That all the Jedi fail their students is comical at this point.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've never seen Luke as ascending to the lofty perch of 'most powerful' as necessary.

But in the Skywalker Saga, I don't want to see his role as the Hero (capital H) usurped by ANYONE.

And especially not by a fucking Palpatine.

And especially not in some fucking woke fourth wave feminist 'I can't make my characters better so I'll just make the old ones shitty' method that woke fourth wave feminist narcissists are so well known for.

It's spiteful, petty, resentful 'me too' writing. Peddle that shit in your own creations and IPs.

They don't have the right to 'finish' Lucas' story, whatever you think of it. The arrogance of these cunts.

They may own it. But thinking they could improve it by destroying it and then rebuilding it with wokeness is beyond the pale.

Rian Johnson absolutely insulted the legacy, and the gatekeeper Kennedy approved it because they're miserable human beings that think hey know better.

Neither of them deserve to ever work on Star Wara again. They don't care about Star Wars.

All the TIE fighters, laser swords and planet killing weapons in the new movies won't change that.