New Star Wars stuff announced

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I literally don’t recognize any of those names which tells you how good of a movie Rogue One was.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I literally don’t recognize any of those names which tells you how good of a movie Rogue One was.
SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED MOUTH

Compared to all the crapquels, Rogue One was great man. I actually did like it. Solo was turds, but Rogue One was a cool movie. Remove any Star Wars references to it, and it's still a pretty good war movie.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I enjoyed it at the time but everyone was forgettable and the only likeable character was the Droid.

I guess I liked the I am one with the force/the force is one with me bit.

But I don’t remember a single characters name.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I liked both Rogue One and Solo. I can even tolerate Force Awakens, even though it's just A New Hope over again. It's still more watchable than the prequels.

Fuck Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker, though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I liked Luke in Last Jedi after he stopped being a douche.

And I liked The rejection of the (dogmatic) Jedi order also because frankly the Jedi sucked and I’d been saying that for years.

The sequels still suck.

RE: Solo - I can’t get over Solo’s robot. Cringey AF.

Some things I enjoyed.

I just want a very dark anti-war film about a young man who joins the imperial army to save his homeland from the terrorist rebels only to be put through the hell of the trenches of Kashyyk or countless other hell worlds.

Disney is too lame for that.

I’d love to see other directors and story tellers take on the Universe so long as certain principles were held.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I think the only thing I liked from Solo was this:

The droid, that sort of wrap up a completely useless "plot line" from ANH where C3PO says the ship is speaking in a weird dialect. As shit as the SW movies have become, that was a nice little "hey remember this?"

I did like that Maul showed up because he was so much more well fleshed out in the Clone Wars/Rebels. His crime syndicate would be cool to see in it's heyday.

Emilia Clark. So pretty. But such a terrible actress. But sooooo pretty.

Donald Glover as Lando. I mean, that was a pretty good casting, tbh.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They need to be careful with how much of the story one needs to know from watching the cartoons.

When the prequels came out and General Grievous appeared I was like who the fuck is this stupid Jedi killing droid, why do they fear him, and act like they already know him?

Apparently he had been fleshed out in the cartoons.

That I didn’t watch.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They need to be careful with how much of the story one needs to know from watching the cartoons.

When the prequels came out and General Grievous appeared I was like who the fuck is this stupid Jedi killing droid, why do they fear him, and act like they already know him?

That I didn’t watch.
The cartoons are better than the movies have been since Empire anyway, so fuck it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

That I didn’t watch.
Well, to be fair on that front- Grievous wasn't exactly fleshed out when Sith came out. He was just a 5 minute appearance in the Tartakofsky animated Clone Wars movie.

All that cartoon did was answer why he was an asthmatic and coughing. The CGI animated Clone Wars show did in fact flesh him out a bit more. BUT - not a ton. They had one ep where you sorta see how he got the droid body. After a season or two, they decided to kinda shy away from Grievous being the big-bad along with Dooku because of the Sith movie. You know he's still alive and running around in Revenge of the Sith, so he couldn't just keep getting away at the last minute a la Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget.

But for Maul, yeah they sorta took him outta the trash that Lucas put him in, and gave him an origin, purpose, characterization, a reason for existing and even a brother. I understand your argument though. But like famicommander mentioned - the shows have been way better than the movies.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The 2D Tartakovsky animated show is no longer canon. It's still awesome, but as far as animated shows only the 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Bad Batch, and the Forces of Destiny shorts are canon.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The 2D Tartakovsky animated show is no longer canon. It's still awesome, but as far as animated shows only the 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Bad Batch, and the Forces of Destiny shorts are canon.
Yep, although I still consider that whole scene with Mace Windu actually being a badass with that huge droid army, and then crushing Grievous' chest as canon.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Are any video games Canon?

Is Jedi Fallen Order the only post Disney buyout video game?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Hard to say. Fallen Order definitely is canon. And they are canonizing certain things/aspects of the EU and even the Old Republic games.

And Rebels made Thrawn canon, as did Mandalorian.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They can say the games, books, and comics are canon all they want but they've already proven they will overwrite them with the movies and television shows when it's convenient. Nothing is permanent until they put it in a film or show, animated or live action.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
One day, LoneSage is going to wake up and say to himself: "If Disney can rewrite the Star Wars canon any fooking way they want, I'm going to rewrite the NG.com canon too." Hilarity will follow. None of the rest of us can remember all of the shit that he does, so, we will have a difficult time challenging his revisions and ultimately just give up and go with his new fan fiction interpretation. 😃

famicommander

15 Year Member
Another MAJOR Clone Wars character popped up on today's episode.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Serious Sam, I'd actually watch and enjoy this if it was real (and more up Disney's alley to begin with!)

Christopher Solo and Chewie the Pooh.
FB_IMG_16240549195823784.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Really? Most popular?

More than Hondo? I find your statement dubious, good sir.

famicommander

15 Year Member
"The Acolyte" will begin filming in early 2022 in London. We don't know much about the series yet but here is what we do know:
-set in the High Republic era, roughly 200 years before the films start
-more of a thriller/mystery series, focus on martial arts action sequences
-female lead
-trying to be more of its own thing rather than relying on established characters, story beats, and locations

famicommander

15 Year Member
Another really good episode of Bad Batch this week. The significance of Omega has been revealed and it makes a lot of sense.

Also a character introduced in Attack of the Clones gets ded