New Star Wars stuff announced

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
No more Slave 1, it's just Boba Fett's Starship now. Yeah, I can understand Disney making that change.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I know I'm in the minority here but I've always disliked Cad Bane. I was honestly hoping he'd buy it during the fight with Shand.

I will be very disappointed if Hondo doesn't at least make a tiny appearance in this show lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No more Slave 1, it's just Boba Fett's Starship now. Yeah, I can understand Disney making that change.

lol fuck Disney

Boba Fett was not a good person.

Are they going to deny the empire was both sexist and xenophobic (xenocidal?) next?

lol

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Meh makes sense for marketability purposes. Canonically it's still Slave-1 but times change, so take the word slave off the toy box for children. Bound to happen when a franchise has lived throughout six decades.

The bigger question is, did Jabba rape Leia? She was called Slave Leia. Did she pleasure Jabba?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I guess the next big change will be removing the scene where Luke gets his hand cut off because it offends amputees.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I know I'm in the minority here but I've always disliked Cad Bane. I was honestly hoping he'd buy it during the fight with Shand.

I will be very disappointed if Hondo doesn't at least make a tiny appearance in this show lol.
I'm thinking Boba will end end up killing Bane. It makes sense that Bane would seek out Boba given his failure to capture his female counterpart in Omega.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If Disney is going to royally fuck things up, why not do awesome things like this?
FB_IMG_16250104653039058.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
How long before some SJW losers complain on Twitter about the term 'Wars' because it's reflective of imperialist culture?

The worst thing that has ever happened to Star Wars is current year Disney with their faux progressive positions.

And I remember hating the prequels as though my soul's salvation depended on it.

I'd take prequels for years before I'd take the shit on a shingle activism that lies about history and the intentions of REAL creators.

They are still just a corporation. They are the enemies of artistic expression. They don't defend what they once produced for the world. They are ashamed of it.

Fuck Disney. They don't deserve an ounce of your loyalty. They are shit tier curators of these once great properties that were able to walk the line between commerce and creativity.

Tell me that the denouement of the classic trilogy isn't a beautiful work of art, elegant, unironic in its affection for the hero narrative and the triumph of good over evil, and effortless in its simplicity and I'll call you too cynical to be suffered. It's such a good story that it even survives ewoks in the third act.

The Disney trilogy was all about trying to tear all of that down. Destroy it. Make you feel guilty for loving it.

Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson, as well as Pablo Hidalgo and the Star Wars 'story group' (lofucking l) should all be fed to the sarlac. And if they try to pull a Boba Fett and climb out, they should be offered a hand up and then shot in the face with a blaster on stun so that they aren't deprived of that thousand year digestion period.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some of the shots in the last episode of Bad Batch are absolutely gorgeous. It's amazing how far the animation has come in this series since Clone Wars debuted.

I enjoyed the episode, too. It's always interesting when they show Separatist worlds that aren't run by evil bankers or Sith lords or cyborg monsters. Just regular people that got fucked over by the Republic and then got fucked over worse by the CIS, and are now getting fucked even harder by the new Empire.

A lot of development for Omega in this episode, too. I like that she knew her worth when talking with Cid about winning money gambling together.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Visions will launch with all episodes at once on September 22.

The show is non-canon and the creators were allowed to use any established characters, create whatever new ones, bend any rules, etc.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
A lot of development for Omega in this episode, too. I like that she knew her worth when talking with Cid about winning money gambling together.
I'll say one thing about Filoni-Wars shows.

They introduce kid characters that are absolutely annoying... and then within like 5 episodes, make them super endearing. Not counting Grogu, btw. That little shit was in everyone's hearts by the first ep. They are seriously 3 for 3 on annoying kid to - rad kid.

Ahsoka
Ezra
Omega

Such an awesome job.

Tell me, fami,
Spoiler:
Do you think she's gonna be force sensitive? All signs point to her probably being a force sensitive clone, which is why the Kaminoans want her back so bad. I could totally be wrong tho.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'll say one thing about Filoni-Wars shows.

They introduce kid characters that are absolutely annoying... and then within like 5 episodes, make them super endearing. Not counting Grogu, btw. That little shit was in everyone's hearts by the first ep. They are seriously 3 for 3 on annoying kid to - rad kid.

Ahsoka
Ezra
Omega

Such an awesome job.

Tell me, fami,
Spoiler:
Do you think she's gonna be force sensitive? All signs point to her probably being a force sensitive clone, which is why the Kaminoans want her back so bad. I could totally be wrong tho.
Spoiler:
The thought has occurred to me that she might be force sensitive but there are other reasons the Kaminoans want her back. They are struggling to prove their worth to the empire and they need a first generation source of Jango Fett's DNA. Omega and Boba are the only sources of it, and Boba's whereabouts are unknown.

That's why I believe Cad Bane will go after Boba Fett at some point and probably meet his end.

famicommander

15 Year Member
IPAc1CV.gif

Star Wars: The Bad Batch has been renewed for a second season at Disney+. Part 1 of the 2 part season 1 finale will air tomorrow.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
IPAc1CV.gif

Star Wars: The Bad Batch has been renewed for a second season at Disney+. Part 1 of the 2 part season 1 finale will air tomorrow.
Maaaaaaan.

I didnt want more seasons. I wanted a self contained story :(

But at the same time... thats fucking rad.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Maaaaaaan.

I didnt want more seasons. I wanted a self contained story :(

But at the same time... thats fucking rad.
There's no way they could wrap up Omega's arc in two more episodes. This was always going to be an ongoing series.

It's clear Disney spent a bunch of money upgrading the animation with Clone Wars S7 and Bad Batch. They're going to wring as much life out of that as they can.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Awesome finale for Bad Batch. The show really hit its stride.

I hope next season we get to see Omega developing specific skills. I feel like they could easily do an arc where each member of the team passes some of their own skillset to her and watch her adapt to the reality that she will likely spend her entire life as a soldier. Essentially her life will mirror Boba's.

You have to think an adult Omega shows up in one of these live action Filoni shows. Mando, Book of Boba, New Republic Rangers, Ahsoka, etc. One of them for sure.

I suggest Rose McIver to play her. She has the natural Kiwi accent and the right hair color, and she's about the right age. She also has experience with physical roles as she was a Power Ranger and then the lead character of iZombie.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Agreed about the finale. Her diving to save Azi was pretty awesome.

But McIver can't be the right age man, we'd need someone as old as Temura Morrison. If we propose that Omega is the same age as Alpha (Boba), then she's gotta be something like 50 years old at least.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Agreed about the finale. Her diving to save Azi was pretty awesome.

But McIver can't be the right age man, we'd need someone as old as Temura Morrison. If we propose that Omega is the same age as Alpha (Boba), then she's gotta be something like 50 years old at least.
No, Boba is only 41 in Mandalorian. His aged appearance is a result of being scarred escaping the Sarlacc Pit.

McIver is 32 so a bit young, but not that far off, but we also don't know if she was created at the same time as Boba. She may be younger by a few years.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I bet you $10 Omega ends up being force sensitive.