New Star Wars stuff announced

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I bet you $10 Omega ends up being force sensitive.
It's pretty telegraphed that this will be the case. There's a lot of evidence to to it, like the Empire 'recruiting' Lama Su, destroying the Cloning Facility on Kamino so they can be the only ones with any knowledge on cloning. The lady that greeted Lama Su has the same Cloning Guild patch on her arm that the Doctor did in Mando season 1, and they've said several times that Omega was special, and that the 99 clones were made for a specific purpose, rather than having been rejects as "the bad batch." They were meant to be special, and so is Omega/Boba.

I'm pretty sure they're trying to fix how Rise of Shitwalker brought back the Emperor in such a retarded way. And it will tie into the reason the remnants of the Empire were after Grogu.

It's so fucking pathetic that the lower budget TV shows are having to fix 6 prequels' and sequels' worth of garbage writing/story. Thankfully, Filoni and Favreau have been doing a bang up job on it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Star Wars Visions, the 10 episode non-canon anime anthology from various different studios, is up on Disney+ in its entirety. I haven't checked it out yet.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do we have any idea what the plot of the Boba Fett series will be about?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Didn’t read the whole thread but RE: Grogu - is he a clone or was the empire using his dna to make force sensitive clones?

Is that the direction they’re going?

I’m going to have a lot of time off soon so I might watch all the D+ stuff finally.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Didn’t read the whole thread but RE: Grogu - is he a clone or was the empire using his dna to make force sensitive clones?

Is that the direction they’re going?

I’m going to have a lot of time off soon so I might watch all the D+ stuff finally.

RE the Grogster: Not a clone (to our knowledge). The remnant Empire's motive behind taking him hasn't been fully explained, but it's very very likely that they are wanting to create a force sensitive clone, which will probably lead into the whole stupid-ass Snoke/Palps thing. Season 2 of Mando gives us more on the motive, but not not completely clear. This is slightly expanded upon/alluded to on the Bad Batch series with Omega.

Re: Book of Bobz: Honestly I think this is gonna just be a space-gangster type movie. He's gonna be taking over Jabba's criminal empire, or at least attempting to and maaaaybe going legit? Dont make Boba Fett legit, man... just let him be the ultimate badass that he always has been.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do we even know what Snoke was? Some clone abortion?

Do I even care? Not really. The sequel trilogy is just so incoherent at this point.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The Rise of Shitwalker basically gave us a 2 second throwaway glance scene to tell us Snoke was a clone created by Palpatine. You see several unfinished ones in that 2 second scene.

Complete garbage.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The Rise of Shitwalker basically gave us a 2 second throwaway glance scene to tell us Snoke was a clone created by Palpatine. You see several unfinished ones in that 2 second scene.

Complete garbage.

Must have missed it.

The only thing I liked in Rise of Skywalker was the visuals when Rey (is that her name?) went to the Sith world. It was a bit over the top, but I liked the visuals.

It was also completely inconsistent with any other “dark side” or “sith” stuff we’ve seen in the Canon (here I’m referring to the movies only though I know there are other actual canon sources now).

I always liked the idea that there is no Dark Side “Sith” cabal. It’s really just an evil sorcerer (Palpatine) with an “apprentice.”

That said, whatever that Sith bullshit was it looked cool.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Must have missed it.

The only thing I liked in Rise of Skywalker was the visuals when Rey (is that her name?) went to the Sith world. It was a bit over the top, but I liked the visuals.

Pretty easy to, every scene on Exogol is so fucking dark it's tough to make out what it actually happening.

Luckily, nothing important happens, so no big loss.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think the biggest sin of the new movies is there is nothing new that is remotely interesting.

The prequels are all horrible movies, there's no question about that. But at least they tried to be different, and even though the movies themselves botched the execution there's a lot of stuff in them that turned out to be pretty cool. Darth Maul is rad as fuck, the Clone Wars series was outstanding, we got to see new planet types that we didn't see in the original trilogy, the villains actually had a bit of depth (especially in Clone Wars, a lot of the Separatist worlds are portrayed as just trying to make the best of a shit situation), etc.

The sequels are all just, "Hey, what if the Original Trilogy, but way shittier?"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Pretty easy to, every scene on Exogol is so fucking dark it's tough to make out what it actually happening.

Luckily, nothing important happens, so no big loss.

How the fuck do you even remember what the planet is called?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think the biggest sin of the new movies is there is nothing new that is remotely interesting.

The prequels are all horrible movies, there's no question about that. But at least they tried to be different, and even though the movies themselves botched the execution there's a lot of stuff in them that turned out to be pretty cool. Darth Maul is rad as fuck, the Clone Wars series was outstanding, we got to see new planet types that we didn't see in the original trilogy, the villains actually had a bit of depth (especially in Clone Wars, a lot of the Separatist worlds are portrayed as just trying to make the best of a shit situation), etc.

The sequels are all just, "Hey, what if the Original Trilogy, but way shittier?"

The storyline of the prequels is fine, though I think Anakin being a child hero is stupid. There was a place for Anakin as a child but not flying a Naboo fighter.

The execution and a lot of the acting is pretty bad (though some good.)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Christensen is going to reprise his role as Anakin/Vader in the Ahsoka series.

I bet you $2 canadian (so $0.50 usd) that he's going to be a force ghost, a-la Jedi Special Shitty edition.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Christensen is going to reprise his role as Anakin/Vader in the Ahsoka series.

I bet you $2 canadian (so $0.50 usd) that he's going to be a force ghost, a-la Jedi Special Shitty edition.
It has to be either a force ghost or a flashback considering when the show takes place.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
When during the timeline does the Ahsoka series take place?

I hope they don’t digitally de-age him. Just give use an older looking Anakin. Anakin’s fall to the dark side because he was a naive young adult was always a bit weak IMO.

famicommander

15 Year Member
When during the timeline does the Ahsoka series take place?

I hope they don’t digitally de-age him. Just give use an older looking Anakin. Anakin’s fall to the dark side because he was a naive young adult was always a bit weak IMO.
Ahsoka, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and New Republic Rangers all take place in the same era. Mandalorian begins 5 years after Return of the Jedi; the Ahsoka show should take place after her appearance on Mando.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Also, I strongly believe that the Ahsoka show is going to focus on finding Ezra Bridger. The whole "Where is Grand Admiral Thrawn" line in her episode on Mando kinda insinuates that, seeing as Ezra was last seen on Thrawn's ship.

Also - I started reading the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn (yeah, I never read it before) and when I read Thrawn's lines, all I hear is Lars Mikkelsen and it's fucking awesome.

I seriously hope they cast Mikkelsen as Thrawn in the show. That would be amazing.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I always thought it was interesting they cherry picked Thrawn from the EU (“legends”) to place in to the canon shows. Zahn’s trilogy certainly isn’t canon.

Is Shadows of the Empire canon?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I always thought it was interesting they cherry picked Thrawn from the EU (“legends”) to place in to the canon shows. Zahn’s trilogy certainly isn’t canon.

Is Shadows of the Empire canon?
No it's considered expanded. But that's just what they did, picked Thrawn and placed him into proper continuity.

Who knows... Maybe we'll see Kyle Katarn, or Mara Jade from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games lol. Or HK47 🤣

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The trailer is up for the book of boba fett.Hmm but dunno if this say would be enough for me to subscribe to disney+ for it.
[video]

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I might subscribe when it’s done and catch it and all the marvel stuff I’ve missed.

Or probably wait until Mando season 3 lol.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
So they're literally going to have two live action shows about dudes with Boba Fett helmets going simultaneously?

Color me skeptical.