New Star Wars stuff announced

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mando has taken his helmet off once per season thus far.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Boba without his helmet for a lot of the show especially to draw the Jango Fett to Boba Fett continuity.

I have to say even though I think the character of Jango Fett is incredibly stupid and pandering to fans (hurrr durrr let’s get Boba Fett in the new movies because he is so CoOl) I do appreciate they brought him back to play Boba Fett.

I was actually very surprised when his Armor appeared in S2 Mando and then the motherfucker actually showed up!

I felt like a lot of the clone stuff was dumb at the time but seems like people who give a shit are trying to write a good story using some elements they can’t change. I’m ok with that.

But yes…Boba Fetts show needs to be different in tone so we don’t have two Mando Shows.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So they're literally going to have two live action shows about dudes with Boba Fett helmets going simultaneously?

Color me skeptical.
Book of Boba Fett is going to be a miniseries. Think of it as Mando season 2.5

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It'll be 8 episodes but I think they're looking at it like a potential ongoing series. Shorter seasons, but not a limited event series like Obi-Wan or Andor.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Why not bill it as the next Mando season though? Didn't they already say they were going to go away from the Djarin storyline for the next season? I thought I saw something about that.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why not bill it as the next Mando season though? Didn't they already say they were going to go away from the Djarin storyline for the next season? I thought I saw something about that.
Din Djarin will still be the main character of The Mandalorian and that show will eventually cross over with Boba, Ahsoka, and New Republic Rangers.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
His name is Mando.

If that’s what Carl Weathers calls him that’s good enough for me.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I agree about Mando, lol. But his 'birth name' is Din.

Damn Im gonna need to watch through seasons 1 and 2 again. Love that show.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Everyone who hasn't should do at least one Filoni-verse watch through.

Clone Wars (in chronological order, not release order)
Bad Batch
Rebels (first the web shorts, then the show in release order)
Mandalorian

All leading into Boba Fett, Ahsoka, New Republic Rangers, and the next season of Mando.

That's as good Star Wars has gotten since Empire Strikes Back.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Everyone who hasn't should do at least one Filoni-verse watch through.

Clone Wars (in chronological order, not release order)
Bad Batch
Rebels (first the web shorts, then the show in release order)
Mandalorian

All leading into Boba Fett, Ahsoka, New Republic Rangers, and the next season of Mando.

That's as good Star Wars has gotten since Empire Strikes Back.
My penis can only get so erect.
He wasn’t truly alive until he became Mando :emb:
Fair enough lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I may watch it someday but for whatever reason I am not interested in watching a cartoon right now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I may watch it someday but for whatever reason I am not interested in watching a cartoon right now.
It's because you're a bad person who uses babies as a club with which to beat the elderly.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Natasha-Liu-Bordizzo-Sabine-Wren-2.jpg

Natasha Liu Bordizzo has been cast as Sabine Wren in Star Wars: Ahsoka.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I heard! Ive never seen her before but its awesome that Sabine is confirmed!

Search for Ezra: 60% confirmed
It's what they're doing. There's no way they'd do anything different at this point.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The New Republic Rangers show has been either canceled or indefinitely placed on hold.

Some of the plot points and characters will be absorbed into the other shows of the same time period (Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka) but they never actually got as far as writing any scripts. This was apparently going to have Cara Dune as one of the characters until Carano went all MAGA on Twitter.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Fam, so I cant find any concrete evidence on this but I keep hearing that Lars Mikkelsen was cast as the live-action Thrawn. Any idea on that?

Now, being that he played a masterful Thrawn in Rebels, I would absolutely LOVE if he reprised the role. I've heard similar things about Mena Massoud playing Ezra (another casting Im down for). I just cant find anything that says yes, true. Or no, rumor.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I have no idea if it's true. It seems the first place to report it was this:

But I've never heard of them before. I don't know if they're doing actual reporting or if they're "reporting" something that they figure is likely to happen so that when it does happen, they can claim their "scoop" was confirmed. Lots of blog style sites do that.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah id seen that one and a few others that are from July of this year, which to me removes credibility. But you're right, they're just waiting for it so they can say TOLD YA!

One site I cant fucking stand and wish I could DDOS is WeGotThisCovered. Those fucking idiots are always posting stupid shit that makes no sense or is ripped directly from an old Wizard magazine 'casting call.'

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah id seen that one and a few others that are from July of this year, which to me removes credibility. But you're right, they're just waiting for it so they can say TOLD YA!

One site I cant fucking stand and wish I could DDOS is WeGotThisCovered. Those fucking idiots are always posting stupid shit that makes no sense or is ripped directly from an old Wizard magazine 'casting call.'
WGTC is the worst "source" on the internet.

famicommander

15 Year Member
First episode of The Book of Boba Fett is up now on Disney+.

Pretty good start. They showed his escape from the Pit and how he lost his armor.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Anyone else watching Boba Fett?

I like it, but it's moving really slowly in the present and very predictably in the flashback thus far.