New Star Wars stuff announced

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So apparently Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Ramona Flowers) has been cast in Ahsoka for an unrevealed role.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Best episode of Boba Fett yet
Spoiler:

Because it was just an episode of Mando, lol

The streak of everyone but Robert Rodriguez turning in good episodes continues

Filoni next week, should be good

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You watched it already? It’s only been Wednesday for a few hours for you lol.

I’ll check it out when I wake up.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I only watched one episode of Boba Fett. Liked what I saw. When is Mandolorian 3rd season dropping?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I only watched one episode of Boba Fett. Liked what I saw. When is Mandolorian 3rd season dropping?

I believe I read season 3 ends filming in March. I’d expect it next fall when it usually aired.

I think they basically just skipped a season slot.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Why isn't this just Mandalorian Season 3 again?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why isn't this just Mandalorian Season 3 again?
That's coming this year too, along with the Obi-Wan series, the Cassian Andor series, season 2 of Bad Batch, and possibly Ahsoka (films immediately after Mando season 3 wraps).

They probably just wanted to get some extra use out of the Tattooine sets and props they built for Mando knowing he won't spend a lot of time on that planet in this upcoming season. Add to that they were definitely going to need the actor, Temura Morrison, to bring certain clones into live action soon anyway. Might as well give him something to do in between his Mando appearances and his future Clone appearances.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Just watched. Damn what a good ep! Bryce Dallas Howard does it again.

Loved how the little package looked like Grogu's head lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So there is only one episode left?

I really liked the set at the beginning. Great stuff. Funnily enough I just got Ringworld in the mail.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
That's coming this year too, along with the Obi-Wan series, the Cassian Andor series, season 2 of Bad Batch, and possibly Ahsoka (films immediately after Mando season 3 wraps).

They probably just wanted to get some extra use out of the Tattooine sets and props they built for Mando knowing he won't spend a lot of time on that planet in this upcoming season. Add to that they were definitely going to need the actor, Temura Morrison, to bring certain clones into live action soon anyway. Might as well give him something to do in between his Mando appearances and his future Clone appearances.

I mean just call this Mando Season 3. Then call the next one Season 4. Problem solved. They (re)introduced Boba in Mando, there is a ton of crossover already. It is ok to share the title with two distinct but interwoven storylines.

This one was just a Mando episode. So the separate titles serve zero purpose.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean just call this Mando Season 3. Then call the next one Season 4. Problem solved. They (re)introduced Boba in Mando, there is a ton of crossover already. It is ok to share the title with two distinct but interwoven storylines.

Agreed, especially because you’ll undoubtedly need to watch Boba Fett before Mando season 3 or you’ll probably be confused.

Also is it me or is Mando’s costume just look better than Bobas? Bobas looks bad, maybe its his coveralls.

At this point I’m wondering if Boba Fett won’t be in Mando S3.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So there is only one episode left?

I really liked the set at the beginning. Great stuff. Funnily enough I just got Ringworld in the mail.
Two more.

Next week is a Dave Filoni episode, then the finale will be another Robert Rodriguez episode.

famicommander

15 Year Member

By this reasoning they may as well call Mando "Clone Wars season 8" or "Rebels season 5". It takes as much from those shows as anything. This week's episode directly continues a storyline (Bo-Katan and Satine) that started nine years ago in a cartoon.

The shows are only going to get more and more tied together. Boba Fett, Mando, Ahsoka, and New Republic Rangers are all supposed to be building towards one big crossover event.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No one watched the cartoons.
If that were true they wouldn't have built all these live action shows directly on their backs, and the guy who was the showrunner for Clone Wars wouldn't have been promoted to the chief creative officer at Lucas Film.

Ahsoka is the central character of Clone Wars and she's getting her own live action show with Hayden Christiansen coming back to play Vader.

The entire darksaber plot goes all the way back to season 2 of Clone Wars in 2010, and was written by Dave Filoni, who is the showrunner on Ahsoka, EP on Mando, and director of next week's Boba Fett.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m not even reading your post fami.

I baited you and caught you.

I look forward to seeing whatever comes from future Star Wars shows.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I’m not even reading your post fami.

I baited you and caught you.

I look forward to seeing whatever comes from future Star Wars shows.
You'll watch the cartoons some day and then you'll wonder why you didn't earlier.

Clone Wars is certainly way, way better than Boba Fett.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, probably.

But the taint of the prequels is strong.

Interesting choice of a ship for Mando in this recent episode.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
@famicommander do you follow what Star Wars games are coming out?

Since KotOR we came out we’ve got exactly maybe 1 or 2 good Star Wars games. It’s a travesty, we’ve actually got hardly any games really.

I don’t count the Lego titles, those are Lego games.

Are companies to dumb to use the license? We’ve just go trash like Battlefront.

I did enjoy Republic Commando at the time tho.

famicommander

15 Year Member
@famicommander do you follow what Star Wars games are coming out?

Since KotOR we came out we’ve got exactly maybe 1 or 2 good Star Wars games. It’s a travesty, we’ve actually got hardly any games really.

I don’t count the Lego titles, those are Lego games.

Are companies to dumb to use the license? We’ve just go trash like Battlefront.

I did enjoy Republic Commando at the time tho.
I don't really play my Xbone or PS4 and I don't have a PS5 or Xbox Series, so no, I haven't been following the games for quite some time.

I heard good things about Fallen Order but I never played it. I was thinking about getting KOTOR on Switch but I already bought the game on Xbox and PC, I could just play those.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Fallen Order was decent. Didn't do anything new but overall a solid linear action/adventure game.

I would consider it the first good Star Wars game since KotOR.

That said I never played Old Republic (MMO) or the Force Unleashed games.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
But the taint of the prequels is strong.
For real, I agree - but Clone Wars, Rebels (especially Rebels), and Bad Batch, along with Mando, etc - they are making up for the HORRIBLE missteps called the Prequel/Sequel trilogy.

Seriously man- I was against clone wars from the get-go because it replaced the 2D animated ones (that I thought were really good, still do). But when I sat down and watched em, it was 100% worth it. And THEN, when they finally got a real final season/finale, it was epic. Those last 4 episodes of Clone Wars are some of the best Star Wars moments - and they (the 4 episodes) happen concurrently with Revenge of the Sith. Someone even made a 4 hour fan edit of those 4 episodes mixed in with RotS. While it's a little jarring to go from live action to CGI, it makes RotS SO much more watchable.

Those final minutes of Clone Wars man. SO much feeling and heart. Good shit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I might watch. MAYBE.

Here's my question. Why the fuck were the sequels so bad? Fundamentally what went wrong - why didn't they have the cartoon people on it? Why didn't they even get some of the people doing the Marvel films on it?

The sequels just don't even make sense.