New Star Wars stuff announced

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That's how I'd write it because constantly having the story revolve around specific characters is dumb.

Star Trek, while a lot of it is dog shit, at least has had different shows exploring different aspects of the same universe, albeit from the same/similar perspective.
They do, somehow, manage to shoe horn spock into almost everything though

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Obi-Wan and Boba Fett were bad missteps too.

Star Wars TV had a pretty spotless record from the 2000s onward until they had to come shit it up:
Clone Wars (Tartakovsky's 2D micro-series) - not canon, but really awesome
The Clone Wars (canon series) - starts slow and annoyingly aired out of order, but by the end it's as good as anything in the franchise
Rebels - really captures the adventure feeling of the first film, features some of the most fleshed out characters
Resistance - just a basic kids show, not necessary but well liked by its intended audience
The Mandalorian - awesome

They shouldn't have done the Boba Fett show at all since it's clear they didn't really have a good idea or a story to tell. Plain as day that they had some expensive sets sitting around and an actor they knew they were gonna use on Mando and Ahsoka anyway, so they just decided to slap some bullshit together. Boba Fett as a crimelord who doesn't commit crimes but does lead a cyberpunk teenage scooter gang? What the fuck?

The Obi-Wan series wasn't a bad idea per se but the execution was shit. Few cool scenes but the writing is just absurdly bad even by Star Wars standards, and that's a low bar.

Yeah Boba Fett was fucking terrible except when it was Mando…and the fact that you need to see Boba Fett to understand the the Mando story is just dogshit.

Obi Wan was pointless.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah Boba Fett was fucking terrible except when it was Mando…and the fact that you need to see Boba Fett to understand the the Mando story is just dogshit.

Obi Wan was pointless.
Only thing I thought was cool was the little girl that played Leia. She was as rambunctious and self sufficient as Leia was in the first movie.

And the fact that the inquisitors jumped from animated Rebels to live action. The execution was poor, but just that they are now in the live action part of star wars is cool.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Tony Gilroy has given insight into how the show is made.

Basically, they tape in three episode chunks. They write the show that way, they bring in one director, and shoot three episodes at once.

The plan is to do two seasons. Originally Gilroy wanted to do five seasons, one for each year of Cassian's life leading up to Rogue One, but he quickly decided after filming the first batch of episodes that it was far too big of an undertaking and decided to cap it at two seasons. Total of 24 episodes, 12 each year.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
5 seasons of a show no-one cares about from a movie no-one remeberes lol. These people are out of their minds.

2 seasons is too much.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's plenty of well known characters from 100 years ago....just not from the movies.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
5 seasons of a show no-one cares about from a movie no-one remeberes lol. These people are out of their minds.

2 seasons is too much.
...rright

Last nights episode was interesting, they mentioned the Rakata. I wasn't sure I heard it correctly but sure enough, they were talking about the Rakata that were introduced in KOTOR 1. I had heard they made Revan canon at some point, so its kinda cool they mentioned them too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
...rright

Last nights episode was interesting, they mentioned the Rakata. I wasn't sure I heard it correctly but sure enough, they were talking about the Rakata that were introduced in KOTOR 1. I had heard they made Revan canon at some point, so its kinda cool they mentioned them too.
Mon Mothma was also lecturing her husband about hanging out with people that were oppressing a certain world, and that happened to be the same world she cited Palpatine for war crimes against when she publicly resigned from the senate and took the Rebel Alliance public on a Rebels episode that takes place 2 years after this.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Andor stumbled a bit to start in my opinion, but the last few episodes have been strong.

It's about a thousand times better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett, but I don't think that says much.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Andor stumbled a bit to start in my opinion, but the last few episodes have been strong.

It's about a thousand times better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett, but I don't think that says much.
Agreed, the first couple of eps were a bit of a slog. But last night's ep was a nice heisty jaunt.

famicommander

15 Year Member
All six episodes of the new animated anthology show Tales of the Jedi are out. Hopefully it's as great as Clone Wars season 7 was. Might check a few episodes out tonight.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Caught up on Andor last night after skipping a week. Enjoying the tension and that none of the characters are complete idiots, just a few minor complaints. I do hope a little more happens in episode 9 and they aren't going to do wait until the finale to pay everything off because that sounds like too much filler for my taste.

Minor episode 7 spoiler

Spoiler:
Is this the first time that Star Wars has had television? I know it's a show with lots of tech but it was always radios and holoscreens. It makes some sense that they would have television, but I'm not sure I wanted to see the evening news coverage of the heist. It was odd.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
All six episodes of the new animated anthology show Tales of the Jedi are out. Hopefully it's as great as Clone Wars season 7 was. Might check a few episodes out tonight.
I never watched much of Clone Wars, but I did watch all of The Bad Batch and I enjoyed it. I imagine I'll enjoy Tales of the Jedi just as much.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I never watched much of Clone Wars, but I did watch all of The Bad Batch and I enjoyed it. I imagine I'll enjoy Tales of the Jedi just as much.
Just watched it, Tales of the Jedi is awesome.

And you should definitely watch all of Clone Wars and Rebels. I enjoy Bad Batch as well but Clone Wars and Rebels are the better shows (though, to be fair, Bad Batch S1 was better than S1 of either of those two shows).

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Just watched it, Tales of the Jedi is awesome.

And you should definitely watch all of Clone Wars and Rebels. I enjoy Bad Batch as well but Clone Wars and Rebels are the better shows (though, to be fair, Bad Batch S1 was better than S1 of either of those two shows).
I'm 3 eps in so far and it's great. I will say Gekiga if you've any interest in the Ahsoka show, I would recommend Clone Wars to get her character development, but as far as story is concerned for the Ahsoka show, Rebels is required viewing.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Just finished Tales of the Jedi and damn, what an awesome little set of episodes. You even get to see Kanaan with his Master in the background.

Also, Clancy "Kurgan" Brown as an inquisitor? Fuck yeah.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I liked how quickly Ahsoka dispatched that Inquisitor. Reminds me of Obi-Wan vs Maul in Rebels.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I do really like Andor. The main character isn't really great but I did enjoy the prison stuff. Best star wars since the first season of Mandalorian.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I actually do like the character. Hes kind of like what Han Solo would have been if he was truly unscrupulous. Hes a good guy with a heart of gold, but still only looks out for #1.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Andor is great.

Tales of the Jedi is great.

Just highlights even more how stupid and unnecessary Obi-Wan and Book of Boba Fett were.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This weeks Andor was pretty stellar. Season finale next week.

That maneuver that Luthen pulled when he was in the tractor beam was fucking rad.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Yeah I think Andor is too slow.
I liked Obi-Wan and Bobba Fett better.
There's dozens of fan edits for Obi-Wan that take it down to 3-4 hours, I'll prob rewatch it.
Maybe there's some sort of a let down for Bobba Fett going on because he's one of the coolest characters from the movies and they did such an awesome job with Mandalorian.

Tales of the Jedi was meh but there's another one Star Wars Dreams or something that was truly horrible.

I watched most of Bad Batch with my kids.
I have a problem watching Clone Wars and Rebels because they look like they made them on the PlayStation2.
At least Bad Batch looks like Xbox360 quality.
I'll try again one day... also some of the character seem whiny and childish.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah I think Andor is too slow.
I liked Obi-Wan and Bobba Fett better.
There's dozens of fan edits for Obi-Wan that take it down to 3-4 hours, I'll prob rewatch it.
Maybe there's some sort of a let down for Bobba Fett going on because he's one of the coolest characters from the movies and they did such an awesome job with Mandalorian.

Tales of the Jedi was meh but there's another one Star Wars Dreams or something that was truly horrible.

I watched most of Bad Batch with my kids.
I have a problem watching Clone Wars and Rebels because they look like they made them on the PlayStation2.
At least Bad Batch looks like Xbox360 quality.
I'll try again one day... also some of the character seem whiny and childish.
You have the worst opinions ever.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Attachments

• Comic-Book-Guy.png
    Comic-Book-Guy.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
  • sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • star wars.jpg