New Star Wars stuff announced

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The first two episodes of Bad Batch season 2 are up on Disney+. Gonna check them out tonight. Anybody watch them yet?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah they were pretty good if a little slow on story progression. You can see some time has passed though, because Omega looks a wee bit older.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The first two episodes of Bad Batch season 2 are up on Disney+. Gonna check them out tonight. Anybody watch them yet?
I watched them as well. Definitely a lot of action right from the get go. Kinda relieved they didn't opt to do an hour and a half premiere episode like they did with the first season. Two 20ish minute episodes to premiere is the right size.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I saw an ad for S3 on YouTube and thankfully was able to skip it. Hoping to go in blind.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The only way anyone could like Boba Fett or Obi-Wan more than Andor is if they're too dumb to follow the plot.

Freaking Star Wars is going over your head. I didn't think that was even possible. It's not very complex.
NO

A lot of the show was filler. Just shots to make a season. Guess your too slow to realize it.
There's numerous scenes in their that didn't need to be. Guys mom busting his balls over and over again.
Politician having money problems... Beotch at work in the empire

End of one episode guy goes to prison, next show he breaks out.
Him hanging out with the rebels should only lasted an episode as well.

Still not sure what to make of House of Dragon, felt like half a season for some reason but at least the pacing was perfect.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Current season of the Bad Batch has been pretty good if feeling like a teensy bit filler, but the last couple of episodes sorta tied all of that together as far as character development goes.

Omega continues to be endearing just like Ahsoka grew to that point, as did Ezra. There's little doubt in my mind that she's at least Force sensitive.

The 7th ep that came out that didn't even feature the eponymous Batch was probably the best of the season.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I wonder if they're going to deal with the fact that Omega has killed several people this season. Most of the time the Batch uses stun shots, but when they're outnumbered or taken by surprise they use live ammo and Omega has dropped at least half a dozen bodies.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

New trailer for Season 3 if anyone cares.

I wonder how many seasons they can keep this going for. Season 4 is in development right now. I wasn't a fan of the Boba Fett series. Should have been a lot better.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder how many seasons they can keep this going for. Season 4 is in development right now. I wasn't a fan of the Boba Fett series. Should have been a lot better.
Yeah, Boba Fett was pretty disappointing other than the episodes which were basically Mando-sodes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The problem with Boba Fett is they didn't have an actual story to tell. It's obvious they just decided to make use of the sets, costumes, and actors they already had for the other shows.

My highest hopes for the live action shows are in Ahsoka. It's wrapping up a storyline from Rebels that absolutely needs to be told. Obi-Wan and Boba Fett were basically, "Hey, people like these characters. Let's cash in."

Andor was fuckin' great at least.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The problem with Boba Fett is they didn't have an actual story to tell. It's obvious they just decided to make use of the sets, costumes, and actors they already had for the other shows.

Yeah I agree. I bet they didn’t even have an outline of a story until the overwhelmingly positive response of Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 and then decided to grab some cash.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah I agree. I bet they didn’t even have an outline of a story until the overwhelmingly positive response of Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 and then decided to grab some cash.
They knew they were keeping the actor around for appearances in Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and probably future seasons of Mando anyway. Combine that with those expensive ass empty Tatooine sets and this is the result.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So Mando S3 is out?

I wish it and Picard weren’t out at the same time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nothing special about the S3 premiere. Not bad by any means, but nothing special.

Bad Batch continues to be good but it's also sort of meandering this season. I feel like that's partially intentional, reflecting the current state of the team having no overarching mission or goals. It's probably building towards the Batch joining the fight against the Empire more directly.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Okay, this week's Bad Batch was possibly the best episode of the series so far. Excellent stuff.

Good episode of Mando too.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
at what point will they let this franchise die? i'd much rather watch and hear about the second part of the new dune.

Reactions: wyo

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
at what point will they let this franchise die? i'd much rather watch and hear about the second part of the new dune.
Part of me wants to blast you for unleashing a new barrage of thousands of shitty fami Dune posts and threads on us, but another part of me is forced to agree.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What the hell was this week's episode of Mandalorian? Brief intro and ending scenes with Din, Grogu, and Bo-Katan but the bulk of the episode was spent with two characters I barely remembered existing.

Bad Batch was good again.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I swear to God if

Spoiler:
they use Mandalorian to explain how Palpatine returned,

I'll lose my shit.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I swear to God if

Spoiler:

I'll lose my shit.
i have no idea what any of that means...but if you are fearing bad writing, it's probably gonna happen. hollywood seems to be full of bad writers lately.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I swear to God if

Spoiler:

I'll lose my shit.

Thats... pretty much it man. They've been hinting at that since Pershing wanted his blood. He mentioned an "M count" (midiclorian), Moff Gideon says he wants to 'restore order' to the Galaxy, and then there's Omega in the Bad Batch whos most likely force sensitive. This current season of Bad Batch has been hinting pretty hard at someone in the Empire wanting to continue the cloning research that resulted in the Django clones.

They are having to shoehorn all of that just to explain away that fucking retarded sequel plot about cloning Palps.
What the hell was this week's episode of Mandalorian? Brief intro and ending scenes with Din, Grogu, and Bo-Katan but the bulk of the episode was spent with two characters I barely remembered existing.

Bad Batch was good again.

Read above.

Pershing is the cloning doctor. The mannish girl is one of Gideon's lackeys, and shes still hiding the fact that shes loyal to Him/Imperial Rule even though she was 'rehabilitated.' Shes either going to kill Pershing with that mind flayer thing, or shes going to radicalize him into a supporter of Imperial cause.