Newb with a few questions ..

Nja4k

n00b
I have a 2 slot mvs converted cab .. and i was wondering if anyone in the ny area with the technical knowhow would beable to come over and help me work on it gettin it running or beable to point me in the right direction ..
i'd hate to have my board fry since i overlooked a wire or something ..
also with this setup to run the snkvscapcom pcb would i been buy a new jamma adapater or should i just beable to switch them around
thanks and i understand if you guys dont reply =-]

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
well, I live in cali so that's out,lol...

and I believe you will need to put in a stereo/mono switch to go back and forth between the 2 slot and svc pcb....unless you want them both in MONO....

I am not 100% on this and if I am wrong, I am sure someone will jump in and correct me...but the only difference between the mvs 2 slot hookup and the regular jamma for the pcb is the stereo and mono sound.

Nja4k

n00b
i appreciate the respone ngt .. the last time i turned on the machine it the screen was pretty blank .. its a converted cab i picked off a guy that was closing down his route .. everything worked well when i was testing it out .. but currently i cant even get a test screen up .. so i really have no idea on what is goin on but i shall .. sooner or later .. what do you ground to the cabinet .. from the mvs connector ?

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Nja4k said:
i appreciate the respone ngt .. the last time i turned on the machine it the screen was pretty blank .. its a converted cab i picked off a guy that was closing down his route .. everything worked well when i was testing it out .. but currently i cant even get a test screen up .. so i really have no idea on what is goin on but i shall .. sooner or later .. what do you ground to the cabinet .. from the mvs connector ?

So, the machine is powering up? Is there anything at all on the screen?

Nja4k

n00b
not really .. i think if you strain you might beable to see some grids .. when i tried it was in my garage and the sun was kind of in the way

Nja4k

n00b
but i do hear the psu come on .. i saw some ground wires in the cab but they werent connected to anything at all =-x just a wire connected to a screw dangling in the air ..
right now i'm in the process of gettin the machine into my basement where i can tinker away at it

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Hmm if you can hear the game turn on, then the first thing I'd try is to adjust the power supply (try to turn it up and down) to see what happens

Nja4k

n00b
so if i wanted to run them both off my one cab i'd need to create another jamma adapter and switch them around .. hmm .... well i suppose i'll try to get the mvs to work first then continue from there .. thanks for all your help .. if you can point me to some sights besides hardmvs where i can get more info or supplies it would be much appreciated