NFL 2021 Thread

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
He’ll be good enough to keep the Broncos from getting a good draft pick. Bridge water is a likeable guy, generally makes good decisions in the pocket, but never been that impressed with his arm strength which means the down the field threat won’t quite be there for the Broncos.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I like the call, Lock just doesn't have the mental makeup to be a good NFL quarterback, too many bad decisions.

Even just competent quarterbacking will be a nice step up from the past, jeez, however long it's been now since Manning lit it up the year before they beat Carolina.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He’ll be good enough to keep the Broncos from getting a good draft pick. Bridge water is a likeable guy, generally makes good decisions in the pocket, but never been that impressed with his arm strength which means the down the field threat won’t quite be there for the Broncos.
This is a shit looking QB draft coming up. I’m sure people will be wanking over Spencer Rattler as a top 10 pick by February. Denver should trade it’s first toward Rodgers instead. Short term gain, sure, but it would be worth it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Broncos definitely need to make a move for a veteran QB this offseason. Von Miller isn't getting any younger, the defense is stacked right now, the receiving corps is great, and this is the first time since the Elway days the offensive line seems to be competent. Put a guy like Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, or Matt Ryan on this squad and they're an instant threat.

I wanted Stafford. Too bad.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Broncos definitely need to make a move for a veteran QB this offseason. Von Miller isn't getting any younger, the defense is stacked right now, the receiving corps is great, and this is the first time since the Elway days the offensive line seems to be competent. Put a guy like Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, or Matt Ryan on this squad and they're an instant threat.

I wanted Stafford. Too bad.
Broncos are a sub .500 team with Bridgewater at QB and Fangio at coach though

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broncos are a sub .500 team with Bridgewater at QB and Fangio at coach though
I disagree. They won 5 games last season with no Von Miller, no Cortland Sutton, and a four person starting QB corps that included Drew Lock, Jeff Driskell, Brett Rypien, and a practice squad WR named Kendall Hinton. Six of their losses were by one score.

They also had the hardest schedule in the league last year versus the easiest in the league this year.

If Bridgewater manages to stay healthy and not have two turnovers per game, the Broncos will be 9-8 at worst.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I just get the feeling that Rams won't take that big of a step forward with Stafford under center. It'll make them better, but I don't think he's the missing piece. But hey, I hope the Rams prove me wrong because I have their defense for my fantasy football team.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just get the feeling that Rams won't take that big of a step forward with Stafford under center. It'll make them better, but I don't think he's the missing piece. But hey, I hope the Rams prove me wrong because I have their defense for my fantasy football team.

The rest of their division is too strong. Could end up looking like the NFCE, simply because it's a group of death. But you have Wilson, Murray, and Stafford. 9ers might still show up. 8-8s across the board.

um... 9-8, 8-9 across the board. Forgot the added game.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
The Panthers are going to suck as usual. The Cowboys will get too much airtime for being such a shitty team. Tom Brady will probably be in the Super Bowl.

Meh.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Brady looks pretty sharp so far. Totally forgot the Bucs had AB too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fitzpatrick with the handcuffs on has little real magic. Ron needs to let Fitz loose.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
You were saying?

Watching the Bears shit themselves on national TV will never ever get old for me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broncos looked really good against a bad Giants team.

But that works out fine because they have a bad Jags team and a bad Jets team up next.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bowlens expected to sell Broncos for around $4 billion next year, Jeff Bezos and Jay-Z are the first two big names rumored to be interested buyers (Jay would need a group).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Always love to see teams sold to entertainers.

like when you sell a home cart to someone, 6 months later that buyer’s remorse has kicked in so much that cart is flipped to the next sucker.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bowlens expected to sell Broncos for around $4 billion next year, Jeff Bezos and Jay-Z are the first two big names rumored to be interested buyers (Jay would need a group).
I hope whomever buys them buys the Rockies from the stupid pigfarmer Monforts too.

The Kroenkes are fine as the owners of the Avs, Nuggets, Rapids, Mammoth.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Damn football team are worth big bucks !

famicommander

15 Year Member
Damn football team are worth big bucks !
The Broncos are one of the most valuable teams because they've sold out every single home game since 1970 (COVID-restricted games all sold as many tickets as they allowed).

You could get a shitty team like the Bengals or Lions for under 2.5 billion.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
That was a wild MNF. Miraculous example of the Raiders overcoming their own repeated fuckups

famicommander

15 Year Member
Neither team wanted that W but the Ravens wanted it a little bit less.