NFL 2021 Thread

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Good game…and Gruden is gone now. Honestly they seem like stereotypical football coach material but times have changed and people can’t handle rough language any more I guess. Definitely some shady shit going on with these email leaks—maybe Goodell got upset about what Gruden called him?

I mean, the fucking halftime show is Dre, Snoop, and Eminem. Is the NFL gonna look up the lyrics to some of their old albums and kick them off the show?
i mean...goodell is a fagit. not sure what all the controversy is about. that's fagit with an 'i', not a hard 'o'.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Its going to be tough to watch with no Wilson. Its been hard already with him there but Ken Norton is a moron. He should have been fired last year. He is no Defensive Coach and should stick to being a linebacker coach.

Seahawks are on pace to give up the most yards in nfl history. They averaging 450yards a game. 🤮
Washington Football Team would you to hold their beer

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good game…and Gruden is gone now. Honestly they seem like stereotypical football coach material but times have changed and people can’t handle rough language any more I guess. Definitely some shady shit going on with these email leaks—maybe Goodell got upset about what Gruden called him?

I mean, the fucking halftime show is Dre, Snoop, and Eminem. Is the NFL gonna look up the lyrics to some of their old albums and kick them off the show?
I don’t think Goodell cared too much. He has thick skin.

DeMaurice Smith is a certified pussy boy with mental issues.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
No one that has ever seen Gruden's face turning red in a sideline screaming fit can tell me they didn't know that he's called everyone in the room a bundle of faggots on multiple occasions.

Football is indeed gay.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
3 OT games today (at least where I live) and then bonus London game ending on a last minute field goal. Seems like the league has been especially competitive week in and week out this year.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Broncos got out-coached today by a team without a head coach.

That's right. Having no head coach is definitively better than having Fangio as a head coach.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I mean seriously

How do you have five DBs on the field, only rush 3, and still somehow end up with a middle linebacker in man coverage on a running back 35 yards downfield

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I kind of oddly appreciate Aaron Rodgers making it completely obvious that's he's Kyrie Irving-tier retard before George Paton could trade three years' worth of day 1/2 picks to the Packers for him.

What a fucking moron. Why is it that so many pro athletes are so dumb?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
What a fucking moron. Why is it that so many pro athletes are so dumb?

I wonder how many athletes who held out between seasons were really just not interested in dealing with protocols (and how many are currently pulling a Rodgers)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wonder how many athletes who held out between seasons were really just not interested in dealing with protocols (and how many are currently pulling a Rodgers)
Good question. Now I want to see a list of hold outs and any links. Just out of curiosity. From the NFL, the 2020 holdout list was mostly nobodies, looking like a way to stash talent away instead of waiving.

From the college side, Rashawn Slater, Penei Sewell, Jamarr Chase, Rondale Moore, Micah Parsons, Rashod Bateman all top picks, held out. Seems Bateman, Chase, and Sewell all had the virus.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
That was a great way to end the regular season. So close to a tie.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pittsburgh having a heart attack hah, they got the help they needed from the Jags beating the Colts pretty easily only to have the last game go down to the wire where a tie would have meant no playoffs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So the USFL is coming back in April.

8 team league, first season will be played entirely in one hub city (Birmingham) and then they'll try to get to their home markets next year.

They're owned by a combination of Fox and Brian Woods, the guy who has run The Spring League, that touring-only league, these last few years.

They will have 20 games on broadcast TV (Fox, NBC), 19 games on cable (USA Network, Fox Sports 1), and 4 on streaming (Peacock).

Birmingham Stallions - head coach TBA
Houston Gamblers - head coach Kevin Sumlin (former NCAA head coach at Texas A&M, Houston, and Arizona)
New Orleans Breakers - head coach TBA
Tampa Bay Bandits - head coach Todd Haley (former head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs)
Michigan Panthers - head coach TBA
New Jersey Generals - head coach Mike Riley (former head coach in NFL, CFL, AAF, NCAA, WLAF)
Philadelphia Stars - head coach Bart Andrus (former NFL assistant, head coach in CFL, UFL, NFL Europe, The Spring League, XFL 2.0)

We'll see if they become the first alternative league (besides the AFL and CFL) since the third (of four) UFL season to actually play a whole year. The UFL shut down in the middle of season 4 in 2012, the AAF and XFL 2.0 shut down in the middle of season 1 .

If they do make it, it'll be interesting to see what the Rock does with the XFL. He bought it and claims he will relaunch it in 2023. It's hard enough to imagine one of these leagues surviving, let alone two at the same time.

Alternative leagues since the NFL/AFL merger (the ones big enough to get a TV deal, anyway):
World Football League (1974-1975)
United States Football League (1983-1985)
Arena Football League (1987-2008, 2010-2019)
World League of American Football (1991-1992)
CFL USA Expansion Era (1994-1995)
NFL Europe (1995-2007)
XFL (2001)
UFL (2009-2012)
AAF (2019)
XFL 2.0 (2020)

There's also The Spring League, which will now act as a feeder for the USFL, but that's technically not a pro league. Players actually pay to play in it, just so they can get games on TV and hopefully get signed by NFL/CFL teams (and, to be fair, a lot of players have been signed by both leagues).

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
So the USFL is coming back in April.

8 team league, first season will be played entirely in one hub city (Birmingham) and then they'll try to get to their home markets next year.

They're owned by a combination of Fox and Brian Woods, the guy who has run The Spring League, that touring-only league, these last few years.

They will have 20 games on broadcast TV (Fox, NBC), 19 games on cable (USA Network, Fox Sports 1), and 4 on streaming (Peacock).

Birmingham Stallions - head coach TBA
Houston Gamblers - head coach Kevin Sumlin (former NCAA head coach at Texas A&M, Houston, and Arizona)
New Orleans Breakers - head coach TBA
Tampa Bay Bandits - head coach Todd Haley (former head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs)
Michigan Panthers - head coach TBA
New Jersey Generals - head coach Mike Riley (former head coach in NFL, CFL, AAF, NCAA, WLAF)
Philadelphia Stars - head coach Bart Andrus (former NFL assistant, head coach in CFL, UFL, NFL Europe, The Spring League, XFL 2.0)

We'll see if they become the first alternative league (besides the AFL and CFL) since the third (of four) UFL season to actually play a whole year. The UFL shut down in the middle of season 4 in 2012, the AAF and XFL 2.0 shut down in the middle of season 1 .

If they do make it, it'll be interesting to see what the Rock does with the XFL. He bought it and claims he will relaunch it in 2023. It's hard enough to imagine one of these leagues surviving, let alone two at the same time.

Alternative leagues since the NFL/AFL merger (the ones big enough to get a TV deal, anyway):
World Football League (1974-1975)
United States Football League (1983-1985)
Arena Football League (1987-2008, 2010-2019)
World League of American Football (1991-1992)
CFL USA Expansion Era (1994-1995)
NFL Europe (1995-2007)
XFL (2001)
UFL (2009-2012)
AAF (2019)
XFL 2.0 (2020)

There's also The Spring League, which will now act as a feeder for the USFL, but that's technically not a pro league. Players actually pay to play in it, just so they can get games on TV and hopefully get signed by NFL/CFL teams (and, to be fair, a lot of players have been signed by both leagues).

College football with the transfer portal and NIL money will be similar to this.

Any idea how much the USFL will pay the athletes?

famicommander

15 Year Member
College football with the transfer portal and NIL money will be similar to this.

Any idea how much the USFL will pay the athletes?
No word on the payscale yet.

They won't be able to compete with NIL deals the top end college guys will be able to get.

Their players will be guys that don't have college eligibility left and can't crack a CFL or NFL practice squad. Same as all the others, really.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pittsburgh having a heart attack hah, they got the help they needed from the Jags beating the Colts pretty easily only to have the last game go down to the wire where a tie would have meant no playoffs.

It would have been awesome if both teams spent the whole game kneeling and punting.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Rock was on ESPN last night telling the Mannings that there will be news on his XFL 3.0 in 2 or 3 weeks.

Seems like he might have a TV deal with ABC/ESPN considering they let him talk about it and the USFL 2.0 is going to Fox/NBC.

I will be shocked if both of these startups actually make it. I guess we'll find out soon.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Two more USFL coaches have been announced.
Pittsburgh Maulers - Kirby Wilson: former 9-time running backs coach for different 8 NFL teams (Cardinals on two different occasions)
Birmingham Stallions - Skip Holtz: son of Lou Holtz, former college head coach at UConn, East Carolina, South Florida, Louisiana Tech

That just leaves the Michigan Panthers and the New Orleans Breakers without a coach.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Man, I could be wrong but the 49ers are looking more and more like the 08 Giants. Heck of a Defense and Special teams performance. They are looking scary.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Three of the four playoff games this weekend had the road team kick a field goal to win and Kansas City pulling off the impossible: being down by 3 with 13 seconds to go, get into field goal range, kick it and send the game into OT, then score the game winning TD.

49ers will play at the Rams for the NFC Championship while the Chiefs will host the Bengals for the AFC Championship and try and avenge their late season lost.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Three of the four playoff games this weekend had the road team kick a field goal to win and Kansas City pulling off the impossible: being down by 3 with 13 seconds to go, get into field goal range, kick it and send the game into OT, then score the game winning TD.

49ers will play at the Rams for the NFC Championship while the Chiefs will host the Bengals for the AFC Championship and try and avenge their late season lost.
Every game was exciting this weekend.