NG.com Offical Freddy VS Jason reaction thread

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Well I just got back from seeing the movie, and I don't really know how to feel about it. I used to watch horror movies with my Uncle when I was little every single night I stayed with him and my aunt. The Friday the 13th and Nightmare movies were of course, traditions. So theres already going to be a lot that I love about this film. So how is it?
It could have been better. The parts of the movie that deal with the teenagers are so fucking annoying. It's got the whole "scream teen slasher" vibe, instead of that campy 80's feel. Which is what I wanted. Anything and everything to do with anyone in the movie except the two star characters was awful. I found myself wanting to leave at some points. The acting was awful.
The movie also has a large amount og "cheese". Both good and bad. I'm not going to post an exact situation because of spoilers, but it wasn't too big of a problem.
The fight. Made me grin my ass off. Made all of the bad parts of the movie go away. I got to see two of my childhood horror movie icons go at it. And it did not let me down.
I just wish the film was more "horror". The storyline was ok, actually makes a little sense. But the script didn't do it justice. Overall I didn't love it. But I didn't hate it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I won't be able to see this anytime soon..Please PM me some spoilers..

The ending mainly..

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
DOUBLE POST ATTACK!

<small>[ August 15, 2003, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Giga Power ]</small>

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
yeah when i heard kelly rowland was in it, i had a feeling that those teenage kids were going to ruin what would supposably be the climatic ending to the two horror legends.

i don't what to say, from you've stated in your review giga power, i guess ill just wait for it to land onto blockbuster rental.

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
El_Duque:
yeah when i heard kelly rowland was in it, i had a feeling that those teenage kids were going to ruin what would supposably be the climatic ending to the two horror legends.

i don't what to say, from you've stated in your review giga power, i guess ill just wait for it to land onto blockbuster rental.
Does Kelly sing a heart-felt ballad so as to quitely put Jason to sleep as the other kids sneak behind to flee?.....hmmmm...

Anyway, I am seeing this move whether reviews say yay or nay as I am not expecting much out if it anyway besides some good ol fun hangin out with my cousins.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Well i liked the action sequences especially at the rave party with jason, no spoilers though.

now i seen it once i will go again tomorrow again now i know what to expect when :)

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
El_Duque:

I think you should see the fight at the theatre, maybe just go in late. wink

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
since this is the official thread, please citizens, refrain from making any unofficial threads on this subject matter.

thanks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I read some of the other guys post already and I don't know what to say guys, I'm feeling alot of doubt...but...

I saw it today at 12:30pm. I FUCKING LOVE IT! From the get go, the comic book style and showing clips from the old Freddy Stories were genious. To make the audience catch up to speed with who are they and such.

The Teens, the singer girl, yeah it's annoying to see the movie have some sort of "pop culture" but that's the fuel for the blood and the reason WHY you want them dead in the first place! I loved it when they killed the Jay and Silent Bob wannabes lol

Freddy, corny with his jokes as usual. Love his sarcasms and sick humor. Yet that's just natural and I was pleased with this.

Jason, very nicely introduced. Slashing, Cracking, back breaking, t-rex from hell. My question, Was that a different actress playing Jason's mom or someone else? More depth on Jason's past, and the all time question "Where the hell does he keep those decaying bodies?"

OH btw, if you are watching, notice the "movie" the guy behind the counter is watching before the news comes on the TV. Nice touch Ronny Yu!

The Final Bout. Awesome, downright crazy bloodfest! The Two Titans of Horror going at it, is unforgettable! (IF YOU WANNA KNOW THE WINNER, PM ME!) Man the look on Freddy's face when he realized he was NOT in the dream world is priceless lol

My advice, if you love the slashers, don't wait for it to come on video, it kills the whole MOVIE experience. This was my 1st time ever seeing a Freddy/Jason in a theatre after so long of not getting the chance as a kid. Please do SO! I was downright pleased with Mr. Yu's ideals of Freddy and Jason. Seriously makes me want to director a horror movie someday. The 80's slashers are revived once again to remind people Vorhees and Kruger are here to stay for another round.

GEE THANKS JUDGE DREDD for LOCKING MINE WITHOUT WARNING OR A SIMPLE PM! :)

Super Porky

Camel Slug
I totally agree with your review. I liked the film very much because I thought New Line did a great job with material, paying respect to both villains pasts and integrating their worlds so seemlessly. I had a huge grin on my face during showdown sequence between Jason and Freddy. Just fucking bitchin'. The ending suprised me a little, I didn't think New Line would let a Paramount star go over their homegrown talent.

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
Orochi Iori Yagami:

I don't have to be diplomatic for you.

I can be your biggest pain the neck.

Just give me a reason.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm hoping to see this on sunday, but in any even Giga Power could you be so kind and send that spolier pm to your fellow ninja in arms please :D :cool:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Judge Dredd:
Orochi Iori Yagami:

Just give me a reason.
yes yes you can be anything you want if you set your mind to it. Just at least send a PM next time ok? Didnt have to just do it without warn

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
Orochi Iori Yagami:
Judge Dredd:
Orochi Iori Yagami:

Just give me a reason.
yes yes you can be anything you want if you set your mind to it. Just at least send a PM next time ok? Didnt have to just do it without warn

You are not special.
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

And you will be treated as such.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Judge Dredd:
Orochi Iori Yagami:
Judge Dredd:
Orochi Iori Yagami:

Just give me a reason.

You are not special.
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

And you will be treated as such.
Dredd, I didnt mean that in any offense, don't take it personally, I'm just gonna pretend I didnt hear you say that

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hey Giga mind if I get teh ROMZ?

I mean spoilers....just moved up here to school in TN gotta find time and a theatre....

Voorhees

Zero's Secretary
Just got back from seeing Freddy VS Jason myself.......... THE MOVIE FUCKING ROCKED! At least IMO. In fact, I can't wait to watch it again!

The ending is a must see, literally buckets of blood! buttrock

-Voorhees

<small>[ August 15, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Voorhees ]</small>