NGF EBay account selling supposed rare NG prototypes.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
[...] But I can tell you that "a" modem like device was proposed & mentioned by SNK in some of their early catalogs & advertisements. And I can tell you that its' intention had nothing to do with downloading games; rather far less exciting. It was for bookkeeping & record keeping from the neogeo MVS cabinets & audits & collections, etc.
Here is the information on the home system modem as was provided by another member here not too long ago:
Thank you!

This is Dion and Oliverclaude or Oliver Klein
LOL, whut?

can someone post the ngf motorcycle lineup for me? its been a while.
Spoiler:
bikes89.jpg

VSuFa.jpg

RidingHeroDionEdition-1.jpg

//EDIT: Beaten to it :(

Last edited:

Ukyo

20 Year Member
While I agree that NGF picture has become epic & timeless, and by all means let someone post it if they want, but please try to keep this thread on point for just a little while longer. I don't need some power hungry mod like ROT coming in here and moving it to The War Room where it then gets lost and forgotten, questions go unanswered, and nothing gets resolved. Please!

Here is an older pic of "the neo modem" from the past. The resolution is horrible mind you, but I can't see those two LED lights on the top corner in this photo? Thoughts?

View attachment 35493View attachment 35494

agreed, the LEDs are not there.

also, the port on the original cartridge catches light in a way that I wouldn't expect based on the detail of the new photo.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
Here is an older pic of "the neo modem" from the past. The resolution is horrible mind you, but I can't see those two LED lights on the top corner in this photo? Thoughts?
That photo is beyond potato quality, but if you look where the LEDs ought to be, there is a hint of red & green shading. While it could just be the result of jpeg artifacting, I don't feel you can entirely rule out the possibility that the lights may have been there.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That photo is beyond potato quality, but if you look where the LEDs ought to be, there is a hint of red & green shading. While it could just be the result of jpeg artifacting, I don't feel you can entirely rule out the possibility that the lights may have been there.

Yeah it does look like that. Even zoomed out I can't unsee the red and green now.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Who needs a 100% useless modem nowadays? Even for a collector that's nothing more than a big doorstopper.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Who needs a 100% useless modem nowadays? Even for a collector that's nothing more than a big doorstopper.

SNK could have released a prototype cartridge with nothing but a moldy cheeseburger inside and it would still sell for top dollar these days.

There's numerous collectors that are more interested in getting their dick hard over owning something expensive and rare even if its actual functional value is zero.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
Some enterprising individual could reverse-engineer the system it's expecting to talk to, much like how folks have RE'd the old C64 Quantum Link network.
Then they - and they alone - could... uh... look up financial news on their AES?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Some enterprising individual could reverse-engineer the system it's expecting to talk to, much like how folks have RE'd the old C64 Quantum Link network.
Then they - and they alone - could... uh... look up financial news on their AES?

I'm going to use it to buy stuff on Amazon. I bet it would look great in 320x224 resolution.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I always wanted to jack off while surfing motherless.com on my AES!

erock

n00b
Holy smokes... Looks like I missed something in the mid 90s... Sweet bikes.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
yeah dat "modem" - so terrible. No way in hell you can convince me that is a real prototype of ANYTHING [other than a prototype scam module cartridge unit]

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Isn't it interesting that he's also selling telephone jacks? Seems like the modem may have been created by Dion himself. Exactly why one photo has the LEDs but the newer one does unless there was two of them and this is the second.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
That scratch between the red and green lights....

Like the drill walked when he tried to drill the red one lol.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Actually looking at it again, you can see red and green color data in the spots where the LEDs are supposed to be but the resolution makes it very hard to see.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Isn't it interesting that he's also selling telephone jacks? Seems like the modem may have been created by Dion himself. Exactly why one photo has the LEDs but the newer one does unless there was two of them and this is the second.

hahaha yep - total, absolute garbage

xorthen

Banned
SNK could have released a prototype cartridge with nothing but a moldy cheeseburger inside and it would still sell for top dollar these days.

There's numerous collectors that are more interested in getting their dick hard over owning something expensive and rare even if its actual functional value is zero.

Completely useless top dollar items that only autistic nerds would want.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Forget the rare and expensive part and think more about how these people 'preserve' their collections, there is no functional value whatsoever for these people.