NGF: The Definitive Poll

How do you feel about NGF?

• Total voters

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just wanted to add... When I see a group (like this whole forum) piling on one or two people, it just makes the group seem like a bunch of asshole followers. Make the mental image.

That said, did Dion really lash out toward Nightmare Tony? I didn't see it, I assume mods deleted it. Isn't that what happened before, with Clint Gorman? Does he just attack the known vulnerable when he finally fights back? I don't get it. I enjoyed the bragging and picks of him and all of his friends partying, the way he used to talk down to the folks that were bashing him. What happened to that guy?

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I just wanted to add... When I see a group (like this whole forum) piling on one or two people, it just makes the group seem like a bunch of asshole followers. Make the mental image.

That said, did Dion really lash out toward Nightmare Tony? I didn't see it, I assume mods deleted it. Isn't that what happened before, with Clint Gorman? Does he just attack the known vulnerable when he finally fights back? I don't get it. I enjoyed the bragging and picks of him and all of his friends partying, the way he used to talk down to the folks that were bashing him. What happened to that guy?

Absolutely not. Neither of us lashed out at Tony, or actually did ANYTHING negative towards him. We wanted to meet him when we were in California. He initially was a go, even giving us his address. When Dion called to confirm he explained he was not feeling well due and had not slept in a couple days. Dion wished him well and said maybe next time.

That is the entire story. Everything that came after that was the product of what people "thought" we were going to do. It was pretty disappointing.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Absolutely not. Neither of us lashed out at Tony, or actually did ANYTHING negative towards him. We wanted to meet him when we were in California. He initially was a go, even giving us his address. When Dion called to confirm he explained he was not feeling well due and had not slept in a couple days. Dion wished him well and said maybe next time.

That is the entire story. Everything that came after that was the product of what people "thought" we were going to do. It was pretty disappointing.

It's really incredible chris.

In over the decade since I came into the Neo scene, you and Dion have remained constantly disliked/despised/hated.

More revealing is that you and him will never get it.

It's amazing to consider how much good you guys could have done for the scene, but opted not to...instead resorting to being deceitful, thieving shits.

You and he both remind me quite a bit of the star high school athlete.

You know that story right?

The one who mistakenly believed he was better than he ever was, and clings to a supposed decadent past that never was, After the supposed glory days are done, they're reduced to being nothing more than a fixture in their hometown that they never leave, because they never knew how to really accomplish anything. They eventually spend their days in the local diner trying to ingratiate themselves with the staff and customers with tall tales about what never was. When they see former classmates, it's a stark reminder of how the world moved on and left them behind because those people accomplished things with their lives.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper

I know I didn't get the whole picture there. Tony sure seemed sincere in having been offended by the whole thing, going by the post he made. There were nasty things being said in that thread by new accounts, and I believe one even came out and said it was Dion.

You guys did do the picture pose thing with another member recently. That could be the reason folks would assume you were going that way with Tony (if you guys hadn't talked about it).

Just to add to what was said above... You may still be judged by your past, especially if you don't own up to it and don't change a thing.

I had a problem around here when I acted like an ass and stirred shit up.

Last edited:

chrisr

20 Year Member
I know I didn't get the whole picture there. Tony sure seemed sincere in having been offended by the whole thing, going by the post he made. There were nasty things being said in that thread by new accounts, and I believe one even came out and said it was Dion.

You guys did do the picture pose thing with another member recently. That could be the reason folks would assume you were going that way with Tony (if you guys hadn't talked about it).

Never in the history of this website or any other have Dion or I posted under fake accounts. That is not our style.

The picture we took with Josh was after he openly invited us to his shop (see his thread). He made a somewhat negative post about us and we went down to his shop after being invited to let him see what people were saying was untrue. He had no hesitation in meeting us, and I can say for 100% he was not intimidated by us showing up. We all had a great time chatting about games and history, and took a picture to commemorate the occasion. It was a great time. I am also 100% positive we would have had the exact same experience with Tony, but unfortunately, it did not come to pass.

chrisr

20 Year Member
It's really incredible chris.

In over the decade since I came into the Neo scene, you and Dion have remained constantly disliked/despised/hated.

More revealing is that you and him will never get it.

It's amazing to consider how much good you guys could have done for the scene, but opted not to...instead resorting to being deceitful, thieving shits.

You and he both remind me quite a bit of the star high school athlete.

You know that story right?

The one who mistakenly believed he was better than he ever was, and clings to a supposed decadent past that never was, After the supposed glory days are done, they're reduced to being nothing more than a fixture in their hometown that they never leave, because they never knew how to really accomplish anything. They eventually spend their days in the local diner trying to ingratiate themselves with the staff and customers with tall tales about what never was. When they see former classmates, it's a stark reminder of how the world moved on and left them behind because those people accomplished things with their lives.

Been there done that, have the post to prove it. Even though it is not somewhat dated, please see more recent threads regarding my trip to Tanzania with the KOF 2000.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-catches-up.&p=3228291&viewfull=1#post3228291

Again, not me bragging, just me responding to your bullshit assessment. Thats what I do, I correct the misconceptions, and people seem to take that as having a big ego or bragging, if you ever met me in person you would know that is not me. Just ask anyone who as actually met me.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
Never in the history of this website or any other have Dion or I posted under fake accounts. That is not our style.

The picture we took with Josh was after he openly invited us to his shop (see his thread). He made a somewhat negative post about us and we went down to his shop after being invited to let him see what people were saying was untrue. He had no hesitation in meeting us, and I can say for 100% he was not intimidated by us showing up. We all had a great time chatting about games and history, and took a picture to commemorate the occasion. It was a great time. I am also 100% positive we would have had the exact same experience with Tony, but unfortunately, it did not come to pass.

I'm using my phone, so it's a bit of a pain. Anyway, good to hear the intentions were honorable anyway. Maybe after some time you can clear the air.

I can't be the only person that assumed that asshole account (forgot the name) was actually Dion. I just figured he made it after his custom ranks showed up. I understand getting upset after you get bashed continuously, I just wouldn't get taking it out on a person in that kind of situation. Same as the thing years back.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm actually surprised by the results, and that NGF are getting as many votes as they have.

I'm not surprised by people not attacking the supporters, though. Chris would have you believe that the mob would come in and run their mouth to their supporters, and this thread clearly proves him wrong.

I liked hearing about matrimelee's story about Dion and the US KOF2000, too.

chrisr

20 Year Member
I'm using my phone, so it's a bit of a pain. Anyway, good to hear the intentions were honorable anyway. Maybe after some time you can clear the air.

I can't be the only person that assumed that asshole account (forgot the name) was actually Dion. I just figured he made it after his custom ranks showed up. I understand getting upset after you get bashed continuously, I just wouldn't get taking it out on a person in that kind of situation. Same as the thing years back.

Neither of us actually saw the fake account that evidently posted in that thread. I woke up that morning and something had obviously taken place, but neither of us actually saw any of the posts. Just yea, I think you can see by the posts, good and bad, that if we have an unpopular opinion, or we have something negative to say, we would NEVER hide behind a fake account.

chrisr

20 Year Member
I'm not surprised by people not attacking the supporters, though. Chris would have you believe that the mob would come in and run their mouth to their supporters, and this thread clearly proves him wrong.

Check they VERY FIRST page in this thread and see the first people brave enough to make a public vote got blasted. That was meant to set the tone I am sure, but like I said earlier, to me it is about the people just abstaining from the vote. That says it all in my mind. I also have respect for the people bold enough to make the vote they wanted to make and explain why - good or bad.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Been there done that, have the post to prove it. Even though it is not somewhat dated, please see more recent threads regarding my trip to Tanzania with the KOF 2000.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-catches-up.&p=3228291&viewfull=1#post3228291

Again, not me bragging, just me responding to your bullshit assessment. Thats what I do, I correct the misconceptions, and people seem to take that as having a big ego or bragging, if you ever met me in person you would know that is not me. Just ask anyone who as actually met me.

Chris, you basically proved my point with the second picture of your high school record.

Thanks.

BTW, you travel, who cares?

I do like the picture you posted of Dion at the Hell's Angels Nevada Nomads Chapter VIP Party.

The biggest wannabe badasses tend to go hang around biker gangs to try to look hardcore for the other posers.

Fact is biker gangs fall under organized crime, and anyone who wants to go associate with them tells you everything you need to know about them.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Check they VERY FIRST page in this thread and see the first people brave enough to make a public vote got blasted. That was meant to set the tone I am sure, but like I said earlier, to me it is about the people just abstaining from the vote. That says it all in my mind. I also have respect for the people bold enough to make the vote they wanted to make and explain why - good or bad.

Actually, Spike and I got accused of being "butthurt" (in all caps, no less) before anybody attacked a supporter of yours. It's right there on the very first page you told me to check. If you ever wonder why nobody takes much of anything you say seriously, look no further than you citing over ten thousand inactive accounts as making a statement by not taking part in this poll. That's pretty good trolling.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
Chris, you basically proved my point with the second picture of your high school record.

Thanks.

I do like the picture you posted of Dion at the Hell's Angels Nevada Nomads Chapter VIP Party.

The biggest wannabe badasses tend to go hang around biker gangs to try to look hardcore for the other posers.

Fact is biker gangs fall under organized crime, and anyone who wants to go associate with them tells you everything you need to know about them.

Why would you want to be a badass? Don't those guys wind up in the pen?

chrisr

20 Year Member

Thanks.

So you just posted about how I reminded you of the "ex high school athlete, living in the past", then you reply to my response, which shows I was in fact a "high school athlete", and oh, btw, instead of hanging out in my old hometown bar talking about my records, I am actually STILL enjoying competing in mountain bike racing, masters track and field, etc., as well traveling the world continuously for the last 20 years.

Now people might understand why I normally do not waste my time responding to morons. It is just not worth the effort.

Oh, and to top is all off, I own and ride a motorcycle as well. I guess I must be a part of some organized crime ring. You are a bigot.

chrisr

20 Year Member
Actually, Spike and I got accused of being "butthurt" (in all caps, no less) before anybody attacked a supporter of yours. It's right there on the very first page you told me to check. If you ever wonder why nobody takes much of anything you say seriously, look no further than you citing over ten thousand inactive accounts as making a statement by not taking part in this poll. That's pretty good trolling.

Did anyone see Lantus say anything? I did not, and I see he was specifically called out for voting "the wrong way". I wonder what would have happened if he actually replied....

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
So you just posted about how I reminded you of the "ex high school athlete, living in the past", then you reply to my response, which shows I was in fact a "high school athlete", and oh, btw, instead of hanging out in my old hometown bar talking about my records, I am actually STILL enjoying competing in mountain bike racing, masters track and field, etc., as well traveling the world continuously for the last 20 years.

Now people might understand why I normally do not waste my time responding to morons. It is just not worth the effort.

Oh, and to top is all off, I own and ride a motorcycle as well. I guess I must be a part of some organized crime ring. You are a bigot.

I have to agree. I don't think the guy was ever going to say he was proud of you for your accomplishments.

We are getting to a point where a person should know better than to brag about anything on the internet. The internet is vicious. Brag and discuss with your actual inner circle.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Did anyone see Lantus say anything? I did not, and I see he was specifically called out for voting "the wrong way". I wonder what would have happened if he actually replied....

I'm sorry, you were talking about who was trying to set the tone, and I pointed out the very first guy to screamed at us in all caps (your supporter). From there, your supporters were questioned, and it went away briefly. Your story about your supporters being afraid to vote as such falls apart in this very thread. You were wrong.

DangerousK

20 Year Member

I don't know too many people who care about mountain biking, or biking in general.

As a large sports fan, biking is one of the dirtiest sports out there. There's always constant allegations of blood doping and steroid abuse that turn out to be true. I don't take biking seriously one bit.

I told you what you reminded me of, then you happened to oblige in proving me correct by posting the record of some discus throw from the 1980s that no one actually cares about. You did track and field? Cool story bro.

It's quite enjoyable to see that you have the gall to call me a moron, and then in your following post you confirm your inability to grasp basic reading comprehension.

I never said if you ride a motorcycle you must be involved in organized crime. The statement I made said that anyone who hangs out with organized crime groups, it speaks volumes about the type of dubious moral nature they possess. Most people with any real sense of worth and character simply would not be seen at a Hell's Angels event. Biker gangs are notorious for throwing those types of parties to try to make it appear to the world at large that they don't do anything wrong. It's about creating a false image for the general public so people don't complain, which they most assuredly would if they saw what really goes on behind closed doors. Although, when one considers Dion and yourself over the years, there's a fair case to be made that NGF actually meets one of the basic definitions of organized crime; the engaging in illegal activity for monetary profit.

I suppose that's an endeavor worthy of aspiring to.

Last edited:

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I don't know too many people who care about mountain biking, or biking in general.

As a large sports fan, biking is one of the dirtiest sports out there. There's always constant allegations of blood doping and steroid abuse that turn out to be true. I don't take biking seriously one bit.

I told you what you reminded me of, then you happened to oblige in proving me correct by posting the record of some discus throw from the 1980s that no one actually cares about. You did track and field? Cool story bro.

It's quite enjoyable to see that you have the gall to call me a moron, and then in your following post you confirm your inability to grasp basic reading comprehension.

I never said if you ride a motorcycle you must be involved in organized crime. The statement I made said that anyone who hangs out with organized crime groups, it speaks volumes about the type of dubious moral nature they possess. Most people with any real sense of worth and character simply would not be seen at a Hell's Angels event. Biker gangs are notorious for throwing those types of parties to try to make it appear to the world at large that they don't do anything wrong. It's about creating a false image for the general public so people don't complain, which they most assuredly would if they saw what really goes on behind closed doors. Although, when one considers Dion and yourself over the years, there's a fair case to be made that NGF actually meets one of the basic definitions of organized crime; the engaging in illegal activity for monetary profit.

I suppose that's an endeavor worthy of aspiring to.

This is what can happen when you brag about things on the internet.

You flew to Paris? Cool story bro. That's a big waste of resources. Keep at it though, maybe you will get to fly with class one day.

You won a trophy? Have you seen this one? It's bigger and I have twelve. Keep at it, little guy. I think they give you those for showing up.

You built a new PC? Top of the line gaming rig you say? Kind of out dated. You spent how much money? Are you out of your mind?

New car? Guess who lost 10k driving off the lot today!

Oh you got married! Should have kept the veil on. Is that a tranny?

Never brag on the internet.

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Correcting inserts no matter how "wrong" the original versions are is bullshit. it is what it is, they really should include the original inserts as a bonus to loyal customers instead of destroying them. 'nuff said. I have never dealt with them personally but I've seen too much drama on the subject. if they were upfront with their business practices they wouldn't have such a negative following. the history speaks for itself. redeem yourself, if you have all these ties to the videogame world contribute to the community, commission artworks like the boys at arcade-shock and produce something worthy that neo-geo owners can be proud of.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
This is what can happen when you brag about things on the internet.

You flew to Paris? Cool story bro. That's a big waste of resources. Keep at it though, maybe you will get to fly with class one day.

You won a trophy? Have you seen this one? It's bigger and I have twelve. Keep at it, little guy. I think they give you those for showing up.

You built a new PC? Top of the line gaming rig you say? Kind of out dated. You spent how much money? Are you out of your mind?

New car? Guess who lost 10k driving off the lot today!

Oh you got married! Should have kept the veil on. Is that a tranny?

Never brag on the internet.

I agree matrimelee.

Let's be honest here, the only reason NGF started posting again was because 1) they initially thought someone had the find of the century, and it wasn't them. Then 2) as soon as it looked as if said deals were not legitimate, they used the opportunity to rub the noses of the those involved in shit so to speak. Number 2 is the one that they really relished because it's their way of saying, "Well ya know all that shit we did for years, at least we never did something that involved taking that much money, so we can't all be bad, AMIRITE?"

Whatever agreement Shawn came to with them isn't of importance. That's his call, and as seeing this is his website, he is free to do what he wants no matter how many people are against it. Chris and Dion shouldn't take that agreement as a license to think the Neo community at large has suddenly had a change of opinion regarding them. That link BonusKun posted to the NGF Bible was a nice reminder of all of the crap they pulled over the years. At this point, it would take an act of god for them to be accepted by most people here, and given the number of bridges they bur---no napalmed over the years, it's safe to say such an event will never occur.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Pretty sure Lantus didn't get badly grilled over anything in this thread. He'll probably still be enjoying this site after you leave from the constant bashing.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Maybe there's something I'm not privy to, but I don't understand why Chris and/or Dion would keep coming back here when they can't make a single post without being ripped apart by people. I mean, if you're hated this much, why would you continue to return?
I don't get it.

Last edited: