NGPC Collection

crazy4ercole

Kabuki Klasher
Hi All, I am posting again after quite few years as I need to sell my NGPC collection...new priorities and urgencies in my life.

I have the complete collection, this means ALL UK games (including also the 5 b&w games), ALL Japanese games (including the Best Collection series), ALL the limited edition systems.
With additional stuff such as several demo carts, merchandise items, etc
Really a COMPLETE collection, with everything in excellent condition.

I was just wondering how much could I ask for the whole lot and whether should I sell it altogether or separately.

Thanks ;-)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You typically get more for it separately.
However, it will require much less of your time to offer it all at once.

You are going to have to do the work to total up the going rates. No one here is going to do that for you. Prices are in a crazy amount of flux right now, but use something like this to get an estimate. https://www.pricecharting.com/console/neo-geo-pocket-color

....Or you can just toss it up on ebay with a really high asking price and take offers. It can take a long time to find someone with deep pockets, but a lot of people go this route.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Vectorman0 here is pretty on top of what some of the NGPC stuff is worth, you could shoot him a PM to help out.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Sad to hear you have to part with such a great collection!

I'm sure you'll get more for it if you split the lot. Some titles have gone crazy expensive lately, especially later Japanese releases. If you check eBay, be sure to look at "sold" units for pricing references, since there are a lot of crazy asking prices that frequently end up unsold. You could check also Japanese shops, such as Surugaya, for reference. Their prices are usually somewhat on the steep side, but you can get an idea of the value.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
As far as pricing goes, doesn't price charting just scan ebay? Would that be a good indicator of real value?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
As far as pricing goes, doesn't price charting just scan ebay? Would that be a good indicator of real value?

ebay SOLD listings are a good way to track what people are willing to pay.
Ebay listings are a joke.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member

Not for NGPC. Maybe the errors get averaged out for other high volume game systems, but their information is so wrong for NGPC, I wonder if their algorithms are broken for the whole NGPC system library. For one, they don't separate different game regions into different pages/prices. But ignoring that, if you look at games like Cotton that sell every month or two, it doesn't even track all the sold listings.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Not for NGPC. Maybe the errors get averaged out for other high volume game systems, but their information is so wrong for NGPC, I wonder if their algorithms are broken for the whole NGPC system library. For one, they don't separate different game regions into different pages/prices. But ignoring that, if you look at games like Cotton that sell every month or two, it doesn't even track all the sold listings.

I figured there had to be some kind of error. I had my doubts that Cotton was worth $600.

Is there a price guide somewhere similar to the MVS price guide on this site?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I figured there had to be some kind of error. I had my doubts that Cotton was worth $600.

Is there a price guide somewhere similar to the MVS price guide on this site?

Cotton is actually worth more than $600. I've had very real offers over that

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Cotton is actually worth more than $600. I've had very real offers over that

I think the western version is around 700$, but the Japanese one fluctuates a lot. Ebay listings range form 500 to 1000$ but it actually sells more for around 400$.
I've been after a Japanese Cotton for a long time to complete the set, but seeing how prices are all over the place I may end up waiting for one to pop up here in the forums for sale/trade from a reputable seller.

Oekaki Puzle and Nigeronpa have gone wild in prices too since last year.