NHL

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've been back into watching the NHL since around 2009. The NHL went thru a serious drought of talent in the late 90's early 2000's, it was so bad I couldn't watch it anymore. So many great players and teams in the early and mid 90's. The same happened to the NBA up until around 2010. NFL is now to that point for me.

Hockey and Baseball are all I follow anymore. I enjoy watching alot of teams. I really only root for the Hawks, but growing up I followed the Hawks, Redwings, Pens. Now I'll sit down and watch any NHL game the talent level is that good.

I don't think the Hawks will make a run this year. I'd say they are about 2 years away. 2017 is the year I'd have realistic Cup aspirations.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Huge hockey fan here, only problem is my fav team is the Blues. We're going nowhere in a hurry as long as pussies like Backes are the Captain, and "But I won a Stanley Cup!" is behind the bench.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Huge hockey fan here, only problem is my fav team is the Blues. We're going nowhere in a hurry as long as pussies like Backes are the Captain, and "But I won a Stanley Cup!" is behind the bench.

I know the feeling man, we still have regular season though.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Great thing about MA is there's like ten million college teams as well. If you get a chance go watch a few games. Pretty cool having the bands in the barn.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Tonight is the game I've been waiting for, really hoping the gloves come off at some point.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I havn't really followed hockey since Mike Madano retired.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
In Denver we sold out every Avs game for 14 straight years. They've been putting an awful product on the ice for quite some time with Roy's first season being the lone exception, so attendance is down, but sports in general are huge here. The Broncos are always on top of the mountain here but people love the Rockies, Avs, Nuggets, and even the soccer and lacrosse teams too.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
That's because the Avalanche hasn't had a goalie since Patrick Roy.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Avs have won 5 in a row and 8 of their last 10. Finally back over .500 and right back in the playoff race. Varlamov is playing out of his mind right now. He has a 1.13 GAA, a record of 7-1-0, and a .967 save percentage so far this month.

Monday at home against the Leafs. Last game before the Christmas break; it'd be awesome to go into it with a six game streak.

Last edited:

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
We are going to Avs @ Sharks on Monday. Then again Avs @ Sharks in January. Can't f'ing wait for the January game as we got front row amazing seats.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I like the Sabres and the Coyotes.

And no hockey from wed-sat. Thing I hate about christmas time.

Somewhat annoying considering hockey is about the only television I really watch.
YouTube and Russian MHL livestreams may be the only thing I get.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I feel like I'm entering enemy territory here, but I'm a Flyers fan/season ticket holder. I've had tickets upstairs for about 10 year now so I've got to see some pretty cool stuff, even though most of it has been watching losses.

I was at the Winter Classic in boston and the one in Philly. The one in Philly was trash compared to the one at Fenway. Anyone going this year is going to have an absolute blast, it may be a gimmick game, but it really is fun as hell.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Got tix to Blues vs. Sens for Xmas tonight. They're 5th row which is honestly not all that hot due to glass blur, but they're free. For the past 5 years a friend of mine worked for the Blues, so we sat 13th row, center ice for the past 3 years, all for free. Used to average about 20-25 games a year. Kind of weird not going, but also no more running around like mad after work to get there on time. I do miss it though.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Same here, I went to the old ladies family house last night and her dad asked what I was rallying for. I hadn't even realized I was wearing my b's shirt and cap, I think I was subconsciously fiending for a game.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Kind of weird not going, but also no more running around like mad after work to get there on time. I do miss it though.

I'm kind of ready to get out of it too. I work in construction so most days I'm not home with my kid and settled until almost 4:30. My wife doesn't get home til about 6, so I shovel food down my throat to leave my house by 6:25 to get over to the games on time.