NHL

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Are you guys into Rinaldo? I hated that dude when he played here.

Funny story, well to me at least, I've actually been called ungrateful by my fellow fans. Flyers give the season ticket holders a few options for early bird renewal gifts, one of the options was autographed memorabilia. I chose that because it was the only option left by the time I got to a computer. I said to my wife, I bet I get something signed by Rinaldo. 2 months later I get this cheesy ass wooden flyers sign, autographed by Rinaldo. I took the sign, tossed it in a bubble mailer and sent it back to the flyers with a letter that said, Thanks but no thanks.

That's excellent. I'd have done the same.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Are you guys into Rinaldo? I hated that dude when he played here.

Funny story, well to me at least, I've actually been called ungrateful by my fellow fans. Flyers give the season ticket holders a few options for early bird renewal gifts, one of the options was autographed memorabilia. I chose that because it was the only option left by the time I got to a computer. I said to my wife, I bet I get something signed by Rinaldo. 2 months later I get this cheesy ass wooden flyers sign, autographed by Rinaldo. I took the sign, tossed it in a bubble mailer and sent it back to the flyers with a letter that said, Thanks but no thanks.

When I found out they signed him I was perplexed. Hes fucking awful. I'd have sent that shit back too tbh.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
That alumni game was amusing to watch. Recchi did look old as fuck. Kovalev skated about as fast as he did the last 5 years in the league. Still a fucking stickhandling beast, now if he'd only take more than like 2 strides per shift. Didn't realize Theodore hadn't played in 3 years.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That alumni game was amusing to watch. Recchi did look old as fuck. Kovalev skated about as fast as he did the last 5 years in the league. Still a fucking stickhandling beast, now if he'd only take more than like 2 strides per shift. Didn't realize Theodore hadn't played in 3 years.

Raycroft looked better between the pipes then Tuukka. It's funny cause most of the guy who were only a few years removed played pretty damn good, but man the guys from the 80s got old quick.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Yeah, I thought the goalies looked fine and most of the guys who recently retired. Some of those guys might as well have been imposters coming out of the stands saying they were so and so.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
33OeY6p.png

Tuesday's Bruins v. Habs game should be a good one.

Here's hoping the B's come out swinging this time...

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I can't believe we've dropped down to wildcard status, I mean I can because its the B's but damn.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Hawks are back to looking good. Hopefully the lines have cemented themselves enough in Q's mind to allow them to really gel. What stands out the most with the 12 game streak is the play of Crawford. He gets shit for help upfront but he's making dynamic saves. Now if he can not be a tard and injure himself off the ice.

I still fear for the lack of a 3rd D pairing come playoffs but we shall see.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Suck it Mtl.

3 points ahead of Habs with a game in hand (who are now outside the wild card spot thanks to NJD)
C4FZna6.gif

One point behind Wings and Bolts both tied for 2nd in the Atlantic, only 4 points behind the Cats even after that insane 12 game win streak

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Had Caps season tickets for a few years and usually make a game or 2 a year. They're looking really good this year, and it's nice to see the whole team contributing and it not being the Ovi show.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
bf095bc0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_fc8f6fcb523463de5b60ad3e618a8212.gif

Oh, you meant contributing offensively? :keke:

(I can't even front, Ovi has really stepped up his two-way game since Trotz took over)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Had Caps season tickets for a few years and usually make a game or 2 a year. They're looking really good this year, and it's nice to see the whole team contributing and it not being the Ovi show.

I think it has more to do with the Caps having 4 solid lines this season. Guys like Ovechkin and Backstrom don't have to be on the ice as much. That's one or two lines more than Boston or NYR have at the moment.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think it has more to do with the Caps having 4 solid lines this season. Guys like Ovechkin and Backstrom don't have to be on the ice as much. That's one or two lines more than Boston or NYR have at the moment.

Yeah so glad GM McPheable is gone. Team is finally being built the right way. Hopefuly Carlson and Orpik come back soon and remain healthy. Nice to see Kuzy and Burakovsky starting to come into their own.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
3 on 3 made this All Star game very watchable. Loved it. John Scott is a fucking goon but man did he get screwed by the NHL. I hope he gets himself to the Preds at some point, the crowd loved him.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Agreed, the new format at least made it entertaining, and having some money on the line seemed to motivate the guys a bit. Definitely better than last year by a long shot.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
It seems just about every team has a game today. Anyone else hoping certain teams win/lose today for playoff position?

Personally I'm hoping it all shakes out that the Bruins clinch a playoff spot, but word is Rask is out sick and they are relying on backup Jonas Gustavsson to stand tall against Ottawa. Unfortunately just a W doesn't clinch as they need help by either a Detroit loss or a Philly loss...

With BOS ROW win and:
DET Loss, or SO Win; or
PHI loses at least one game.

With BOS SO win and:
DET Loss; or

With BOS OT/SO loss:
DET Loss; or
PHI loses BOTH games.

With BOS regulation loss:
DET clinches
PHI loses BOTH games, with at least one ending in regulation.

A Detroit ROW win clinches them a playoff spot.

Two Flyers wins in any fashion clinch them a playoff spot.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It seems just about every team has a game today. Anyone else hoping certain teams win/lose today for playoff position?

Personally I'm hoping it all shakes out that the Bruins clinch a playoff spot, but word is Rask is out sick and they are relying on backup Jonas Gustavsson to stand tall against Ottawa. Unfortunately just a W doesn't clinch as they need help by either a Detroit loss or a Philly loss...

With BOS ROW win and:
DET Loss, or SO Win; or

With BOS SO win and:
DET Loss; or

With BOS OT/SO loss:
DET Loss; or
PHI loses BOTH games.

With BOS regulation loss:
DET clinches
PHI loses BOTH games, with at least one ending in regulation.

A Detroit ROW win clinches them a playoff spot.

Two Flyers wins in any fashion clinch them a playoff spot.

Tuukka is soft. If it's a do or die game, you get your ass out in the ice. The Bruins management is awful. I hope they lose and miss the playoffs so the Jacobs don't get a dime in extra revenue. They're gonna fire Claude and keep this same.garbage roster for next year...what a sad state of affairs.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
They go back and forth on Claude depending on the day, I think I'm the only fan left tgat doesn't hate him at this point. Tukka is unreliable but when he comes through he does so with style, really hoping he does so now.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They go back and forth on Claude depending on the day, I think I'm the only fan left tgat doesn't hate him at this point. Tukka is unreliable but when he comes through he does so with style, really hoping he does so now.

I dont care for his coaching style, but this season is not his fault.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Tuukka is soft. If it's a do or die game, you get your ass out in the ice.

:lolz: Reports are that he could "barely move" so I'm glad he's not out there if that's the case...

The Bruins management is awful. I hope they lose and miss the playoffs so the Jacobs don't get a dime in extra revenue. They're gonna fire Claude and keep this same.garbage roster for next year...what a sad state of affairs.

Sure. There are definitely times I feel this way, as well. But then I look at how weak the East is and imagine the B's could actually have a decent post-season run and that shit is fun as hell to watch!

The defense is unreliable...

Fixed. Haha, no I hear you, and after the abysmal start to the season he's been climbing uphill ever since. Of course there's always the "Trade Tuukka" crowd even when he's winning the Vezina

I like Claude, too.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It will never seem real that Detroit is in the eastern conference. That and Detroit struggling to get in the playoffs. Guess even the best organizations need time to retool now and then.

Last edited: