NHL

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Well this was an embarrassing end

No doubt. And to make matters worse Detroit lost today but still clinch over the B's due to having one more ROW (39-38)

If Philly somehow shits the bed and loses both their last two games B's still make the playoffs, but would face the Caps in the 1st round :angry:

Maybe Marchy should've been practicing hockey instead of buying video games yesterday...

Screen shot 2016-04-09 at 3.28.54 PM.png

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
No doubt. And to make matters worse Detroit lost today but still clinch over the B's due to having one more ROW (39-38)

If Philly somehow shits the bed and loses both their last two games B's still make the playoffs, but would face the Caps in the 1st round :angry:

Maybe Marchy should've been practicing hockey instead of buying video games yesterday...

View attachment 34914

Maybe he'll sell him a NHL 15 for Sega as a licenesed run.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Haha! OK, so that was the place you were referring to the other day. I haven't been over to Winthrop in awhile...

Yeah that guy is super nice to talk to. I know he's gotta stay afloat, but his prices are crazy and his business ethics are questionable at best.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
As a wings fan I'm certainly not proud of how we clinched our spot.

We thoroughly out-played the rangers through the 2nd and most of the 3rd, but sometimes that doesn't matter. Pulling the goalie that early when we didn't have clear possession in the offensive zone was a bad move.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
As a wings fan I'm certainly not proud of how we clinched our spot.

We thoroughly out-played the rangers through the 2nd and most of the 3rd, but sometimes that doesn't matter. Pulling the goalie that early when we didn't have clear possession in the offensive zone was a bad move.

I am not looking forward to the Bolts playing Mrazek again.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
See ya next season folks.

Shame, would have preferred the Bruins to make it in over the Wings. Another year of, "The Red Wings haven't missed the playoffs in 2X years!"

Also, how is Brett Connolly working out for the Bruins? The few Bruins games I have watched he looked good and his stats aren't bad. I was sad to see him go but we had to much up front and he was just the odd man out.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Shame, would have preferred the Bruins to make it in over the Wings. Another year of, "The Red Wings haven't missed the playoffs in 2X years!"

Also, how is Brett Connolly working out for the Bruins? The few Bruins games I have watched he looked good and his stats aren't bad. I was sad to see him go but we had to much up front and he was just the odd man out.

He fucking sucks. I knew he was going to be awful when he broke his hand during his first Bruins practice.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

Anyone have any interest doing a Neo-Geo bracket league?

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/179172
pw: drama

He fucking sucks. I knew he was going to be awful when he broke his hand during his first Bruins practice.

Haha! That was really on Seids...

But yeah, I had high hopes for Brett after reading something along the lines of he was 2nd on the Bolts for SOG behind Stamkos while playing 4th line minutes. (!) Then in Boston they pair him up on the 1st line with Bergeron and Marchand for a good part of the season and he just couldn't get anything going. Too bad. Still not as bad a bust as Jimmy Hayes has been so far :annoyed:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I joined and filled out my bracket. I see the caps falling out in the first round.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Anyone have any interest doing a Neo-Geo bracket league?

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/179172
pw: drama

Haha! That was really on Seids...

But yeah, I had high hopes for Brett after reading something along the lines of he was 2nd on the Bolts for SOG behind Stamkos while playing 4th line minutes. (!) Then in Boston they pair him up on the 1st line with Bergeron and Marchand for a good part of the season and he just couldn't get anything going. Too bad. Still not as bad a bust as Jimmy Hayes has been so far :annoyed:

But he's from Dorchester!! LOL

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire

Shame, he had a pretty high ceiling when he was drafted but I am not surprised. He had a really hard time breaking into the Lightning line up and I had hoped him moving to another team would give him a chance to finally develop. I wouldn't say a bust yet but another lack luster first round draft pick.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I joined the bracket challenge, really just tossed shit against the wall. I'm just hoping Pittsburgh doesn't win the whole thing.

I'm really not expecting much out of the Flyers this year but it would be nice to spoil the Caps run. It felt like nobody wanted that 8th spot in the east this year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am excited for the Caps Flyers matchup. Flyers turned on the gas in the second half of the season and finished strong. I like them a lot as a rival, second only to the Rangers.