Nightmare in the Dark

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Released in January 2000 as the sole game of Eleven/Gavaking, which went bankrupt shortly after.

A Snow Bros. clone, except you can control where the ball (of fire) goes. One of those single screen arcade games.

I might play more of it tomorrow and spend some time to beat it. What is there to say about this game?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Love this game. The atmosphere, the bosses, and the soundtrack all add up for a very enjoyable experience. It's not a difficult game to clear, so scoring is really a strong focus.

Given the late release date, it does seem a bit primitive for the time. Not surprised it wasn't a a big hit on release, but it's definitely fun for a round or two around this time of year.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I recently learned about a sound glitch that causes a scratch noise whenever you jump. Per @Niko it can be patched out by changing a single byte in the V rom:

Code:
260-v1.v1:
0x50820: 6E -> 08
Is this an emulation issue or even actual hardware?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have a pristine home conversion of this. I have no idea who did it, and I don't recall why I took a chance on it.
Glad I did tho.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fun little game that got buried due to being a new third party game on the Neo in 2000. Saw it once in an arcade in Vegas back in 2001, which surprised me.