Ninja Master's...good stuff

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Ninja Masters is great, although I think if they made the characters a tad bit bigger(with more sprites and animation), it might have been a contender with LB.

I love the weapon equip/unequip system that NM has, that's where its fun factor lies.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Didn't care for it much, personally.

Just didn't reel me in like SS/LB did.

If I ever come across an AES/MVS version that might changed, but at the moment I'm not in a hurry to add to my AES system collection.

Yao

Quiz Detective
I got the AES version a week ago. Really like it a lot. and the fact that its a Neo Geo exclusive title makes it even better. But in my eyes its not in the same league as the LB or SS games. Also the music can be annoying after a while...
But a great title after all!

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I got the AES version a week ago. Really like it a lot. and the fact that its a Neo Geo exclusive title makes it even better. But in my eyes its not in the same league as the LB or SS games. Also the music can be annoying after a while...
But a great title after all!

Interesting.

It was one of the few games I liked to insert in my CD player and listen to in my car.

(NERD)

Ninja Masters' is no longer Neo Geo exclusive - for better or worse.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
got my FK not long ago; it's really pretty solid.

some of the backgrounds are slick, some just average.

loads of little touches though, from stage changes in each background.

my biggest dissapoint from that game is karasu's sprite. he could have easily been the most badass, but his sprite frames were handled by the worst pixeler on the team imo.

other characters are really well done though.

great music, especially the moody shit at the title screen.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
my biggest dissapoint from that game is karasu's sprite. he could have easily been the most badass, but his sprite frames were handled by the worst pixeler on the team imo.
I have to disagree but you would know better than me though.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Ninja Master's is a great game. It's not quite in the same league as SS and LB though. I like the fighting engine, and the dark, moody, music (Both the Neo-CD and the MVS/AES versions).

Has anyone played the Import ADK Tamashii Compilation for the PS2 that came out a few months ago? That disk has Ninja Master's, Aggressor's of Dark Kombat, Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Combat, and Ninja Commando on it.

I want to get it, but I'm waiting for the price to go down in a few months. I hope it has the arranged soundtrack, so I get all the animation from the MVS/AES version, with the arranged soundtrack from the CD version.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior

The Neo-CD version has animation cuts, but has the great arranged music. If the ADK Tamashii Compilation uses the graphics from the AES/MVS version, and gives you the option to play either the original or arranged music then I'm all in.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Neo-CD version has animation cuts, but has the great arranged music. If the ADK Tamashii Compilation uses the graphics from the AES/MVS version, and gives you the option to play either the original or arranged music then I'm all in.

I used to have the NM soundtrack and there were no arranged tracks...

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
I bought Bear's other NM and love it, never played LB2.
It can't close on any Sam in my eyes but it's damn good fun.

I suck on this @ the moment.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I used to have the NM soundtrack and there were no arranged tracks...

Right.

Genjuro, dude, have I blanked out the animation cuts? That sounds awesome. (no sarcasm - I like NM). YouTube?

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I got it now. Frames were cut.

Last edited:

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
NM is great. it has a bit of everything, great atmosphere, and some of the characters are actually really damn good. I had never even heard of it before, and it was suggested by a forum member (along with kizuna encounter).

Definately one of my faves.

good point, I´ll watch out for a copy as well.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
When I played this game for the first time...I was so dissappointed. I had high hopes for this game...till they got demolished. This game just didn't cut it for me so I will not ever play it again.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
When I played this game for the first time...I was so dissappointed. I had high hopes for this game...till they got demolished. This game just didn't cut it for me so I will not ever play it again.

Wrong thread.

The title of this thread says "Ninja Master's... good stuff".

The thread you're looking for does not exist. :p ;)

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Wrong thread.

The title of this thread says "Ninja Master's... good stuff".

The thread you're looking for does not exist. :p ;)

:lol:

I put the difficulty down to 1 and breezed through last night so I could see Nobunaga...what a badass mofo. I'll have to bump up the difficulty and try again.

I love the secret monkey ending too. :tickled:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
:lol:

I put the difficulty down to 1 and breezed through last night so I could see Nobunaga...what a badass mofo. I'll have to bump up the difficulty and try again.

I love the secret monkey ending too. :tickled:

When you put the game up to level 8 the computer will do moves not seen on the other difficulties. I don't know if that's standard in fighting games or not - but for this game it was something special to see a new move after so many matches and you thought you saw it all. It's nice when a game delivers those special nuggets. I guess there are full moves lists on the internet these days so it probably doesn't matter as much.