Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Look at all of you faggots.

OMG I CAN'T GET MY SHITTY ROM BOX.

How stupid are some of you that you don't just go buy yourself a used NES, install a 72 pin connector along with an Everdrive so you have the entire NES library at your disposal? Or you can just buy loose carts and have the real experience.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
There's a shit stain with one they got I guess from amazon in the mail yesterday locally posting the device for $150 on craigslist. It has a gaming board in facebook I'm on mad. They're getting hot, and I decided to throw some fun gas on the fire and made a simple suggestion.

Everyone should hit the guy up to buy it. Say that they want a neutral place (he's in the next county over) and make him drive like 20mi for middle ground, then don't show up. When he whines in IM or email, say delay, make him sit. Have multiple people do this. Eventually, how much profit is this fucker going to have at $150 on a $60 device when he pisses it all in a couple tanks of gasoline and his wasted time too? Burn the SOB, everyone should start teaching people like that a lesson when possible.

I'm going for the amazon opening in a few hours. If I am in great, if not, fuck the flippers and I'll wait on the next, and the next... I've got a $50 credit and I'm damn well going to use it, and the savings gets me still a 1/2 off system when I want another controller and extension cable too due to the shitty 2ft cord it came with being compatible with the Wii-nunchuk design lengths.

Dangerous, grow up. There can be many solid motivations on why someone would want this over the other. Everdrives cost $100 plus more for the SD card, then you need a real system as well which is a premium now too. And while for you and me it's easy to load ROMS, to an average idiot it is not. Also what about children? You going to trust a 5 year old not to fuck up a $100 everdrive, or the system and its components? For $60 it's a kids dream between Kirby, Mario, Zelda and more on there and it hot saves all progress making it easier on them or even us if our time is pinched. Yes it's retarded to buy it if you're competent enough and have no good reason other than fanboyism, but there are valid reasons.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
but there are valid reasons.

I know a couple of non-gaming people who want this and one big reason this is a nice option for them is none of them own (or have any desire to own) a CRT. In fact...I don't know a single person who even owns a CRT anymore other than myself.

This is a great, cheap, convenient option for someone to have some classic games at their fingertips. Especially if you have kids.

Lol at all the anger...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I still want one but I'm going to wait until more of these get released which you know it will be.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know a couple of non-gaming people who want this and one big reason this is a nice option for them is none of them own (or have any desire to own) a CRT. In fact...I don't know a single person who even owns a CRT anymore other than myself.

This is a great, cheap, convenient option for someone to have some classic games at their fingertips. Especially if you have kids.

Lol at all the anger...

I don't either and haven't in a long time. My wife had one from when she was a kid but it was getting sorry and until a recent $5 garage sale removal of it, it was in storage. I found you can easily run old stuff just as good (minus light guns) if you go to displaylag.com and find a set that keeps the lag under 30ms with or without game mode on. My first LCD (luck) and my current 2 TVs (one in storage as I got one 4" larger inherited with same low lag) all run stuff precise...Mike Tyson Punchout test approved precise to play old CRT games. There's no reason to keep a CRT if you use your brain. Even this new Nintendo will still lag like a bitch if you have a LCD with a crappy display lag problem, the emulated WiiU NES games have issues in this situation even, as does the Retron5. It's all about the TV.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Lol at all the anger...

Honestly, that is the largest bummer of it all. The folks who just want one to actually use the damn thing getting run over by the shithead flippers and that whole garbage grey market.

We have talked about this for years...we now permanently reside in a world where if an item is coming out and there is even a hint that there may be a demand for it, flippers will ruin the entire thing trying to make a quick buck.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
the gamestop here in boston said they were getting 30 so i made sure i was first in line. i think i was a little too early though because some homeless guy was blocking the entrance when i got there. still, i got one and i had a nice chat with a mother who was getting one for her son.

hard to tell how many people actually wanted one of these and how many were flippers though. my guess is about half and half.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Dangerous, grow up. There can be many solid motivations on why someone would want this over the other. Everdrives cost $100 plus more for the SD card, then you need a real system as well which is a premium now too. And while for you and me it's easy to load ROMS, to an average idiot it is not. Also what about children? You going to trust a 5 year old not to fuck up a $100 everdrive, or the system and its components? For $60 it's a kids dream between Kirby, Mario, Zelda and more on there and it hot saves all progress making it easier on them or even us if our time is pinched. Yes it's retarded to buy it if you're competent enough and have no good reason other than fanboyism, but there are valid reasons.

What about the children? HAHAAHAHA that's hilarious.

WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Given I had a NES at 5 years old and did not fuck up the system, as was the case with all of my friends, you're talking out of your ass. The NES was built like a fucking tank. The only weak spot was the connector, which as said is easily rectified.

So having a system allows you to play everything as opposed to being locked into the number of games this thing has, and has shitty emulation to boot is an inherently bad deal when it will only cost you under $200 total? Please. The economics of this NES Rombox are atrocious. Being locked to 30 games makes me lol. I have my NES hooked up to my CRT as I type this, and I can enjoy many more than 30 games and have real scanlines to boot.

Why I am opposed to this thing is because Nintendo did their usual piece of shit approach and act like they are doing you a favor by giving you 30 games. Nintendo goes out of their way to fuck over consumers all the time with their pricing and restrictive hardware. Remember when Wii Shop purchases on the Wii wouldn't transfer over to the Wii U in a reasonable way? No thanks, I don't reward Nintendo for half-assed efforts any longer. They've been skating by the last 20 years due to the NES and SNES.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
2.5 ft controller cables?!?
is that true?

The Famicom mini is even more nuts. It has two tiny controllers and they're both wired to the system. Oh, and the power adapter is sold separately... you know, all so it can have that 80s experience. (The controllers don't have a microphone in them, though.)

Remember when Wii Shop purchases on the Wii wouldn't transfer over to the Wii U in a reasonable way? No thanks, I don't reward Nintendo for half-assed efforts any longer. They've been skating by the last 20 years due to the NES and SNES.

I don't remember this. When the Wii U launched, you could always transfer your Wii Shop purchases over to your new system. They just would only show up in the Wii part of the console, not the main one.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah that is pretty boinkers.

There are extensions for $10...

Thanks for the quick response. Just so happened to be going to Target. They had 4 on the shelf.
Was almost tempted, but that's fucking useless.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Got these as a preorder at bestbuy, picked them up this morning after waiting in line at GameStop to find they only had 9 consoles to sell. I was probably 15th or so in line. Tried going to bestbuy first but they gave out tickets for about 8 consoles so no luck there either. Hope my son likes the controllers minus the system.IMG_9954.JPG

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Those controllers look sweet, off to Best Buy I go, lol.

Did manage to get a system and an extra controller this morning at the local gamestop, I was the 3rd in line. The only other time I've done anything like this (as in lines before the place opens) was the Dreamcast and I even reserved it, mega lol.

Edit: The gamestop only had 10 systems and 2 controllers...WTF?! I can't believe they released so few, I'm sure the second run will be crazy and then we'll see them just about everywhere.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to hearing about how that Advantage clone feels.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'll have to open one up later and check it out. For $25 my expectations are pretty low.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Got these as a preorder at bestbuy, picked them up this morning after waiting in line at GameStop to find they only had 9 consoles to sell. I was probably 15th or so in line. Tried going to bestbuy first but they gave out tickets for about 8 consoles so no luck there either. Hope my son likes the controllers minus the system.View attachment 40500

The cheat codes book included with that arcade stick was published by Retro, who is the same cunt that tried and failed to release the Coleco Chameleon.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It looks way too small. Why is everything so small.

You know, I've been thinking this the entire time. Why in the shit is everything so tiny? This is especially absurd with the Famicom version.

What is the reason behind this:

526x245.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It looks way too small. Why is everything so small.

The original Advantage is a lot smaller than most people remember as well. I could hold it in my hands and play it like a pad if I wanted, and my hands aren't even that big.