Nintendo Direct, November 5th 2014

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Scheduled to air at 5pm EST/4pm CST/2pm PST. Nintendo will be discussing games being released for the 3DS and Wii U over the next several months. Rumors hint at more crossover titles similar to Hyrule Warriors are currently in the works. Personally, I just hope they have some new info (or footage) for Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I used to be so excited about what Nintendo had to say...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm guessing it's a giant holiday Ad for Amibo's.

I'm still glad they are doing these Direct video's. It's a good format.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'd love to see more info on the newer games in the pipeline. More deets on Zelda, the starfox game Shiggy is working on, and these interesting crossovers and Xenoblade Chronicles X

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
It would be great to see some more info on fire emblem x shin megami tensei. I also hope they announce that Yokai watch and hero bank are coming stateside

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Has there been any talk about a new Metroid game in the works for the Wii U?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Retro Studio is working on a new title for Wii U, so yeah let's hope it will be another Metroid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retro_Studios#2010.E2.80.93present:_Donkey_Kong_Country_series_and_other_projects

So long as it's a -new- Metroid, I'm 1000% on board with this. Being specific, the Prime story is done and over, and I'd be very hard pressed to remain interested in it if it kept getting milked for a 4th game. Now if it were a new story, I'm all in. Ideally, if they stayed with Prime-styled gameplay, I'd want them to stay with how the 1st MP played, meaning the story (and a RICH one) was there is you wanted to find it, but it wasn't forced and hammed up through huge narrative cutscenes(Corruption was pretty guilty of this, Other M was the single biggest offender, but that's not a Retro Studios game). Pure nonlinear planetary exploration goodness, that's all I really want.

Being more realistic, as long as we don't get another Other M, I'm good.

housethemous

New Challenger
Being more realistic, as long as we don't get another Other M, I'm good.

The horror...
What a terrible blip in an otherwise amazing library of games. I remember wasting $60 on it and coming home so disappointed.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The horror...
What a terrible blip in an otherwise amazing library of games. I remember wasting $60 on it and coming home so disappointed.

BUT THINK ABOUT THE BABY
THE BABY
THE BAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYY

oh majora's mask for 3DS confirmed. Could never get into that game due to the time limit and shit.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yeah, Majora's Mask 3DS was the only new thing.

Everything else was, "remember, we've got this coming."

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Whew, that was a weak presentation over all. Still no date for X, no mention of the 3DS revision or Xenoblade Chronicles port, no talk of Fire Emblem x SMT, and that Steam game looks...terrible.

Captain Toad looks really fun, so there's that...

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
BUT THINK ABOUT THE BABY
THE BABY
THE BAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYY

oh majora's mask for 3DS confirmed. Could never get into that game due to the time limit and shit.

I'm also one of the few that never liked MM. It felt like Link's Step N' Fetch - The Game with a shitty time limit on top of it (Yes, yes theres a song to mitigate) so what, it was lame.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
So who is gonna become an Amiibo collector? These things are gonna print money for Nintendo.

INfinity and Skylanders made a fuck ton of cash.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
So who is gonna become an Amiibo collector? These things are gonna print money for Nintendo.

I'm gonna hold out as long as possible. There need to be some substantial use for them in terms of gameplay perks and game support, and even then I'd probably only buy the ones I like most.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

My wife and I have been debating on getting the whole set, but I'm not sure I want to sink that kind of money into something so...frivolous.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
they seem reasonably priced and good quality. Just reasonable enough to bait you in until you gotta catch em all.
It's not like they will be rare. so i'll probably get one just to see how they work.
Toysrus is giving a free one with your order of Smash Bros Wii U.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm excited for Majora's Mask at first I didn't like it but after I got end to it I ended up really liking it.

The only one I have ordered was the Samus one. Most of the other ones I have no interest in.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The new single player for Splatoon is pretty cool. That Steam game seems like it will have fun gameplay, but i'm not feeling the art style.

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Just wish Squaresoft would release an RPG like chrontrigger. Using the wii u gamepad and super Mario world 3d engine.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It's not that Majora's Mask had a time limit; you didn't get a game over if you took too long. You just had to start the day cycle over. I loved the concept and how it played out with the townspeople, the only thing I want them to change is how it works in dungeons. There should be an option to stop the timer when you're doing a dungeon.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Majora's Mask protip: Play the song of time in reverse order, you'll slow down the 3 day limit by two thirds.

With the reverse song of time, it's possible to beat all four dungeons without using the regular song of time to restart the 3 day limit.

There is plenty of time to beat just one dungeon in within the limit...

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Like I said before numerous times, Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask resonated with me on a very personal level growing up and left very profound marks on my taste in gaming and respect for the gaming medium. I had transitioned from playing exclusively NES platformers growing up straight to the N64 and Mario Kart. OoT and MM blew my mind and are still incredible games that I replay regularly. To have the opportunity to own it remastered on a portable after the excellent OoT port? I'm there.