Nintendo NX for March 2017. Zelda delayed. No NX at e3. WTF

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
I would hope sooner than later... Also if Nintendo really waits until March to release this instead of November-December, they will be missing out. Holiday season is when this shit would fly off the shelves, regardless of what we think of the system on this site. The only reason it would make sense is to wait for a newer Tegra processor. Then hopefully whey might have something close to the graphic capabilities of PS4/XB1.

I'm under the impression that the NX is just vaporware at this point.

They'll keep delaying it and delaying it and delaying it until they actually have something worth talking about then release it and after having starved their fans of information they'll eat up anything that they can get.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'm wondering if we might see another delay. Some devs have had leaks regarding NX development going back to the beginning of the year, and other big publishers - even as recently as this past week - have gone on record to say they'll see how the hardware shapes up before they commit to releasing games on the console.

I hope Kimishima knows what he's doing...without a proper marketing campaign and enough time for people to digest what will set this system apart and make it great...I don't know. Getting it out there prematurely is just as bad as waiting too long, and at nearly 6 months out from launch, I'm a little concerned the NX won't perform as well out the gate as it could have with a little more build up well enough in advance.

With the way things are now; nobody is going to buy the NX except the faithful. So... why have a mediocre launch swallowed up by the PS4 and XB1 X-Mas Season. They can release it to fans in March; and if they do right by us leading to Christmas, they'll have a better launch to everyone else with a holiday lineup of wide-appealing titles.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Good news: Full reveal and press conference is happening by mid September unless something really goes sideways.

Bad news: The only AAA game to launch with the NX will be Zelda. Mario is slated six months to a year after the NX launch. Zero work is being done on Smash, Metroid, Mario Kart, etc. as far as I know. I'm sure a token pack in game will be supplied.

I think they delayed it until March because they had to delay Zelda and would otherwise have no software. Manufacturing will have to start in December at the latest for a worldwide release in March. That means hardware would have to be finalized by November at the latest. I really doubt the Tegra X2 will make it in there.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Good news: Full reveal and press conference is happening by mid September unless something really goes sideways.

Bad news: The only AAA game to launch with the NX will be Zelda. Mario is slated six months to a year after the NX launch. Zero work is being done on Smash, Metroid, Mario Kart, etc. as far as I know. I'm sure a token pack in game will be supplied.

I think they delayed it until March because they had to delay Zelda and would otherwise have no software. Manufacturing will have to start in December at the latest for a worldwide release in March. That means hardware would have to be finalized by November at the latest. I really doubt the Tegra X2 will make it in there.

Where did you hear that?