Nintendo NX for March 2017. Zelda delayed. No NX at e3. WTF

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Me too, but I'm pretty satisfied by the library. I might have only 10-20 retail games for it when all is said and done, but they are fantastic games. That's more than I can say for some other systems.

I'm in agreement with you on this. I'm a portable whore, so the NX is something I'm looking forward to.

One thing about Nintendo - their hardware and games are quality. Look at the bullshit the 360 and Sony systems have put us through. You never have "red rings" or "disc-read errors" with Nintendo. And because their games are so quality, they hold their value for a long time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Nintendo has the handheld market. Might as well continue doing that.....but at least with the option to connect it to your TV. I'll need to see more before I judge this one. I don't like handheld gaming (other than the Vita), so I hope the NX isn't too gimmicky.

maybe you're right. nintendo has always kicked ass with the handhelds. but no matter how good the nx is, even if it ends up being nintendo's best selling system, it will be stepping out of the console race. which isn't a good sign for nintendo's future.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Good God what an awful system. It's like Nintendo finally said well, we haven't won when we actually tried, so let's just completely throw money away this time and see what happens.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
i really like what rich from review tech usa says about the nx. can't wait for his next video once he get's this new info.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This is really fucked up. I'm pretty upset. Nintendo as we know it is dead.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nintendo: disappointing gamers since 1996

I guess frustration is a recurring sensation one feels regarding their hardware announcements. cheap stripped down ideas, regurgitating what has come before, this system with retractible controllers seems to play off the vs. game and watch systems of old. they eventually reel you in, but the sparseness of it all is unbearable.
I'm a grown up what the hell am I talking about

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
waiting for madman to come defend the N64

if i remember correctly, madman's defence of the n64 started off as sarcasm. but people started to take it seriously, so he just played along :keke:.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I'm sick of all the rumour and speculation. I'm tuning out of everything NX related until Nintendo officially show the damn thing. Which wants to be soon.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
It hardly qualifies as a portable console. The Virtual Boy is technically a tabletop console, like the Vectrex.

I'll defend the Virtual Boy for eternity. I typically have an Anti-Nintendo stance, it's no surprise that they weren't satisfied with Gunpei's greatest creation.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'll defend the Virtual Boy for eternity. I typically have an Anti-Nintendo stance, it's no surprise that they weren't satisfied with Gunpei's greatest creation.

Ignoring the fact that Gunpei's greatest creation was the Wonderswan? For shame!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It hardly qualifies as a portable console. The Virtual Boy is technically a tabletop console, like the Vectrex.

well.. it's not a home console per se, so it falls into the portable category as do all tabletops.
it is the successor to the gb. it qualifies as a handheld
also, maybe at the time the VB was a very, very, very odd thing. but once it was dead and buried I unearthed one and it is stunning. like Rezo sais. it is a one-of-a-kind contraption, a strange monster, but a monster non the less.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
if i remember correctly, madman's defence of the n64 started off as sarcasm. but people started to take it seriously, so he just played along :keke:.

that makes sense. he's pretty good at trolling.

Love me some VB. It is the only full set of games I have on any system (though, that is not saying much as there are only 14 US games)

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
To be fair, the NX's graphics are going to HAVE to be as good or better than the Wii U's since the new Zelda is on it... right? So maybe it will be as powerful as a console?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Nintendo console has been my favorite from each of the recennt console/handheld generations

Wii U > PS4 > XB1
Wii > PS3 > 360
GC > PS2 > DC > Xbox
3DS > Vita
DS > PSP > N-Gage
GBA > NGPC > WSC

As long as I keep getting good Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kirby, and Mario platformer games I'll be happy.

Glad it is apparently cartridge based.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
To be fair, the NX's graphics are going to HAVE to be as good or better than the Wii U's since the new Zelda is on it... right? So maybe it will be as powerful as a console?

Engadget says it's using the Tegra x1, and that the device is basically an Nvidia shield with detachable controllers.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Back in the NX rumors thread, I mentioned that Nintendo would rule the world if they could create a console that would play DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U games. The new rumors indicate that the NX will be cart-based, in which case the entire Wii library gets abandoned (or worse, resold in downloadable form). The NX could also be using a beefier cartridge interface that doesn't support the DS lineup, in which case you have a new experimental console with no library and comparatively little power. I'm not sure who will buy this; if you like portable you should get a 3DS, at least for the next 2-3 years.

I think the powers-that-be at Nintendo may be crediting too much of the Wii's success to gimmickry and nowhere near enough of it to backward compatibility with the excellent Gamecube library. Time will tell.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

i read something that said it'd be more powerful than the ps3 and 360 with the processor they are looking into using. There is some other processor they are also considering that would make it even stronger than that.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
those banking on a relative powerhouse - prepare for disappointment
it makes sense that their next handheld system will be as powerful as the PS3 generation, the 3DS being equivalent to a 128bit