formerly DZ
15 Year Member

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I would have given a shit when I was 12.

I remember you posting pics of some hot broads you were banging once upon a time Setsuna. Go do that again while you wait.

Last edited:

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I would have given a shit when I was 12.

I remember you posting pics of some hot broads you were banging once upon a time Setsuna. Go do that again while you wait.

Actually I have a girlfriend now, but that's the best course of action

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
They don't have a choice, if they reveal the NX, then Sony and M$ one-up them on their console updates, Nintendo is fucked.

Best thing for them to do is see what M$ and Sony do, then adjust their NX to make sure the system can compete with the console updates.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
E3 is not a big deal anymore. Nintendo doesnt even show up every year.

And bloodycelt is right, Sony loves to mimic the rest of the industry. If they release NX details too soon, Sony will try to clone their novel idea.

Zelda isn't too surprising. They dont need Xmas to sell Zelda. Is it strong enough to sell a console? Probably.
I have always said I will buy an NX just for this Zelda. Big N is hoping that it can.

What's going to carry Nintendo through the holiday season? 3DS and Amiibo's?

It's sad WiiU is going away. It's the best console of this generation so far.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
They don't have a choice, if they reveal the NX, then Sony and M$ one-up them on their console updates, Nintendo is fucked.

Best thing for them to do is see what M$ and Sony do, then adjust their NX to make sure the system can compete with the console updates.

Pretty much. Either way, absolutely none of this comes as a shock, or surprise. The only thing that sticks out is this means the Wii U will be the first Nintendo console to not have it's own unique Zelda game. Either way, Doom is coming out this year, so I really don't care what else is in store for 2016. I've been waiting for that a lot longer than anything else that is/was supposed to be out this year. It'll tide me over till Zelda arrives.

Kinda sad to see the Wii U put out to pasture, though. I bought more games for it over the course of its life than I did any other platform so far this gen! Lots of awesome fun to be had.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Kinda sad to see the Wii U put out to pasture, though. I bought more games for it over the course of its life than I did any other platform so far this gen! Lots of awesome fun to be had.

Me too, but I'm pretty satisfied by the library. I might have only 10-20 retail games for it when all is said and done, but they are fantastic games. That's more than I can say for some other systems.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Doom is coming out this year, so I really don't care what else is in store for 2016.

I'm not expecting much. I'm hoping its great, but I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be more or less generic and just "meh". Doom was never really a "deep" game to begin with, which is why I like it so much.

The editor looks awfully watered-down, but that may be because I'm so used to the thousands of tools available over the years for the OG games.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

So if Zelda is the last WiiU title released (And we don't know if that is the case), the WiiU would have been in operation for a little over 4 years. I wonder what they plan to do about this Christmas holiday, it looks like after June/July there won't be anything for the WiiU, but considering Paper Mario was a surprise there might be something released between then and March.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I like Wii U and this is my last game console, period.
If Zelda is the last Wii U game then so be it.
I think I have enough games to play for rest of my life.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
I must admit that overall the Wii U was a disappointment. But for someone who didn´t own the original Wii (me) it was well worth the money as you can play the whole Wii library nicely upscaled. The Wii U has a solid but small library of great games. There must be some new games or HD remakes coming to Wii U other than the new Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I mean nothing new on their list before march 2017 when NX launches with Zelda for both platforms? As for NX all this secrecy around it is building my hype levels steadily up but please no more awkward gimmicks Nintendo!
+1 for Wii U maybe being my last console. I think PC is the right way to go from now on.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
NX will just be a beefier wiiu with streaming similar to the ps-now or whatever it's called.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
As a Zelda fan, I am actually pretty glad that they pushed back the release of the game. But only because I have backlog of games that I want to play before Zelda comes out. At this point of development cycle, they are probably just trying to fix things like bugs and glitches. Not showing anything at E3 is a disappointment though, were all dying to know more details about the NX and E3 would have been the perfect time to drop the bomb.

It's crazy to think about how long Zelda has been in development now. I'm not exactly sure but I think they started around the time Skyward Sword ended. But thats the fact with todays AAA titles, they are in development for what it seems like FOREVER! Delays like these are pretty much the norm.

NX will just be a beefier wiiu with streaming similar to the ps-now or whatever it's called.

Doubt it. It will most likely be along the lines of the current gen systems. Anywhere from being almost as powerful or just a bit more powerful as the current gen.

So if Zelda is the last WiiU title released (And we don't know if that is the case), the WiiU would have been in operation for a little over 4 years. I wonder what they plan to do about this Christmas holiday, it looks like after June/July there won't be anything for the WiiU, but considering Paper Mario was a surprise there might be something released between then and March.

Maybe they will have a big Wii U and 3ds price reduction? I really don't see anything else or any other big title that can carry them during the holidays.

New Zelda. You can either be Link or Linkle. Won't be out for WiiU. Calling it now.

I say it will be out for Wii U but you will be right about having Linkle as a player character.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nintendo simply doesn't give a damn.
They have their own audience and they'll rely on it.

If they cared, we'd had something better than the last two gens.
Say what you want, I loved the Gamecube a lot.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

They'll mostly rely on the 3DS (like they have the past 4 years) to carry them for the holiday season. The new Pokemon's, and strong 3rd party support will help, coupled with a $30 or so price drop. I can see the Wii U being slashed to $199 or even $179 by the end of the year as well. I also think they will announce at least 1 more 1st party Wii U game. Nothing major, but something like a Mario Golf or Strikers would be better than nothing.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nintendo simply doesn't give a damn.
They have their own audience and they'll rely on it.

If they cared, we'd had something better than the last two gens.
Say what you want, I loved the Gamecube a lot.

This is finally killed my love for Nintendo. They make something, if you like it, good for you, if not, go fuck yourself. Like the honey badger, Nintendo doesn't give a shit.

I haven't been nintendo's target audience in a long time...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This is finally killed my love for Nintendo. They make something, if you like it, good for you, if not, go fuck yourself. Like the honey badger, Nintendo doesn't give a shit.

I haven't been nintendo's target audience in a long time...

The best thing the Wii had going for it was component out for GameCube. Like every Nintendo system since the Cube, it had a handful of amazing games, and mostly trash.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Disappointed certainly, I was hoping for a Holiday 2016 release for the NX.

I've budgeted $800 for a new console and a handful of games.

I'm guessing Nintendo wants additional development time for their launch selection.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I guess I won't be playing the new Zelda on Wii U....

Weird...is the Wii U the only Nintendo console that did not have a new/exclusive Zelda game for it?

Dspite the fact that Hyrule Warriors was awesome, I don't count that as a traditional Zelda game. And of course, I'm not including the remakes like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess..