Nintendo Switch

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Strangely, the Switch wouldn't recognize the Kai stick until I toggled it to PS3 mode, very strange.
That's normal now for every Brook adapter. Got several of them and they only work with PS3 mode. Tested with multiple arcade sticks.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
How's the performance of that Brook converter? Any lag?

Probably a tiny bit. I actually thought it was a lot worse at first because is was rather noticeable playing Danmaku Unlimited 3, similar to SDOJ on 360 bad. But with CC:WE it is great, I only test I do is holding a direction>pause>unpause -- if the ship moves a little after unpausing there is significant lag, with CC:WE I don't see any extra movement. Don't forget to put your switch into 480P resolution. I decided to stop using the mini SLG for now, it looks a bit better without it I think, I'll save that thing for low res arcade modes on 360 ports.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice I will have to get one of those HDMI to VGA adapters and give it a try sometime. I built an Xbox 360 to JAMMA box with 2x Brooks and a UVC scaler to take 480p and spit out 240p; in theory it should work with the Switch too (via VGA adapter).

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Probably a tiny bit. I actually thought it was a lot worse at first because is was rather noticeable playing Danmaku Unlimited 3, similar to SDOJ on 360 bad. But with CC:WE it is great, I only test I do is holding a direction>pause>unpause -- if the ship moves a little after unpausing there is significant lag, with CC:WE I don't see any extra movement. Don't forget to put your switch into 480P resolution. I decided to stop using the mini SLG for now, it looks a bit better without it I think, I'll save that thing for low res arcade modes on 360 ports.

Ah, that's a bit frustrating. I only have a few shmups for Switch, so not a huge deal, though.

Chempop

Ah, that's a bit frustrating. I only have a few shmups for Switch, so not a huge deal, though.

I'm not sure I was clear.
Crimzon Clover doesn't seem to have much lag, it's very responsive. I've not played it on steam so I can't compare it to that.
Danmaku Unlimited 3 does

Used the same setup for both: brook PS3/4 superconverter with RAP4 Kai PCB.

I heard the Psikyo ports had a bunch of lag too, and maybe ESP Ra.de too, I can't remember.

Chempop

Yes, but it depends on which unit you buy. Sometimes the powered converters perform better, sometimes not.
I did a lot of research and the Tendak is known to be "unnoticeable" lag.
The point I was making is that it varies from game to game, and CC:WE has very little lag compared to DU3.

I was considering this powered unit instead which might be a slim margin more responsive. But those pro units that cost $200-300, forget it, we're talking a small fraction of a frame improvements.

https://www.amazon.com/Portta-N3CVVHT-Stereo-Converter-support/dp/B0015YWV1G?ref_=ast_sto_dp

As for people complaining about lag all the time, it's usually an excuse for sucking, or going to make a small difference between top scores versus world record runs. Raizing PCBs have 4 frames iirc which is a bit more than most people are used to, yet no one complained about those for years. SDOJ on 360 is considered one of the worst culprits for excessive lag, but on a CRT it's bareable imho.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Hori Releases Accessibility Controller For The Nintendo Switch.
http://sam-eatlab.blog.jp/archives/24177949.html

VqGZuAo.jpg

FgQok5K.png

HORI Flex
https://hori.jp/products/flex-controller/

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Cool. It looks like it's set up like an old drum machine, using voltage control to send / receive inputs.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I honestly can't believe this isn't more widespread across platforms. I often wonder if I'd be able to play PS4 et. al. if I lost function of one of my hands, and as far as I'm aware the answer is probably 'no'.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I honestly can't believe this isn't more widespread across platforms. I often wonder if I'd be able to play PS4 et. al. if I lost function of one of my hands, and as far as I'm aware the answer is probably 'no'.

I think switch is the only thing without one. M$ still sells their accessibility controller.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The No More Heroes ports that came to Switch a few weeks ago are really good. Greatly improved performance and a surprisingly good fit for a handheld.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Sam & Max Save The World Is Being Remastered For Nintendo Switch
Available this December

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just a heads up:

They patched in support for the Gamecube controller for Super Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars. So as long as you have one of those Gamecube controller to USB adapters you can play Sunshine with the original controls, making full use of the analog shoulder buttons. They also fixed several glitches.

fake

15 Year Member
Just a heads up:

They patched in support for the Gamecube controller for Super Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars. So as long as you have one of those Gamecube controller to USB adapters you can play Sunshine with the original controls, making full use of the analog shoulder buttons. They also fixed several glitches.

That's a surprising move for Nintendo...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I bought the game, beat SM64, started Sunshine, realized the Gamecube controller wasn't mapped correctly, bought an 8bitdo controller to play Sunshine instead, and the day after it arrived Nintendo patched Gamecube controller support in.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
If my Switch wasn't gathering dust in another county under lockdown I would be playing Shiren the Wanderer today. By the time it came out for Vita I had already moved on. Awesome series

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
If my Switch wasn't gathering dust in another county under lockdown I would be playing Shiren the Wanderer today. By the time it came out for Vita I had already moved on. Awesome series

ive been on the fence about getting into this one again.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Can't wait to get into a Shiren game again. Anyone picking up Sakuna: Rice and Ruin? Kind of reminds me of Murasma/Brave Fencer Musashi

Last edited: