Nintendo Switch

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Refreshing gameplay is a feature?? Sign me up! It makes me go "ahhhh" after I play.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Kind of Embarrassing is a long lasting Nintendo series. Personally I prefer KoE XII, i.e. branding the Wii successor Wii U, so even fanboys wouldn't grasp the difference. Because it flopped, the same fanboys will soon make it the most sought after system on the aftermarket. Big N logic... From the classic titles, I really dig KoE '95, the Virtual Boy launch. KoE '96 comes close, the decision to loose Square because carts are better suited for kids than CDs. Indeed, they are.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Perhaps the only series I'm interested in that I haven't got into yet.

Attempted to play the DS remake once but I can't stand playing these kind of games on handhelds, and DS / 3DS are a headache to emulate.

This will be a limited-timed to purchase btw. Just like the mario 3d all stars.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
So I got some joycons in and I'm basically up and running on my woods-Switch (for anyone that doesn't venture into the War Room, I found a working Switch in the woods).

Been downloading a few demos to play around with until I can return the tools I borrowed and get my Smash Bros game card back, probably this weekend.

The Pikmin 3 demo made me remember how much fun I had with the first Pikmin back in the GameCube days, might have to buy that at some point.

Have a few questions. First, I still need to track down a dock, but once I do am I going to want a Pro Controller? That two-joycon-holder controller thing looks big and awkward by comparison, but I suppose isn't much different than holding the Switch as a handheld.

Next, anyone have 5-6 year olds? Looking for suggestions of anything, demo, full game, free downloads. I downloaded the demos for Kirby Star Allies and Captain Toad and want to see how he does with those tonight. He likes playing around on Pikmin, but even on the co-op mission the damned fool ends up stealing all my Pikmin because he likes the whistle too much. Might try to track down the Paw Patrol game for X-mas, he's probably (hopefully?) in his last year of caring about that but the 3 year old is picking up on it now.

Last, Mario Kart Home Circuit looks dumb. Neat idea, but $100 for one player is dumb for something that will ultimately be more toy than game.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The Kind of Embarrassing is a long lasting Nintendo series. Personally I prefer KoE XII, i.e. branding the Wii successor Wii U, so even fanboys wouldn't grasp the difference. Because it flopped, the same fanboys will soon make it the most sought after system on the aftermarket. Big N logic... From the classic titles, I really dig KoE '95, the Virtual Boy launch. KoE '96 comes close, the decision to loose Square because carts are better suited for kids than CDs. Indeed, they are.

I’ve been convinced for a long time that Nintendo pissed off sony - one of the two developers and gatekeepers of the CD-ROM - so much that even Phillips or JVC wouldn’t do business Nintendo, so they were like fine, We’ll just do cartridges again and better yet, Zip disks!

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
@lithy
When you play docked, you definitely need a Pro Controller.
My recommendations for kids from my collection:

• de Blob
• Kirby: Star Allies
• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
• Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
• Penguin Wars
• Pokémon Tekken DX
• Sonic Forces
• Splatoon 2
• Super Bomberman R
• Super Mario Odyssey
• Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Stay away from Mario Kart Home Circuit. Buy Mario Kart 8 instead. Home Circuit is just an expensive gimmick.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
@lithy
When you play docked, you definitely need a Pro Controller.
My recommendations for kids from my collection:

• de Blob
• Kirby: Star Allies
• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
• Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
• Penguin Wars
• Pokémon Tekken DX
• Sonic Forces
• Splatoon 2
• Super Bomberman R
• Super Mario Odyssey
• Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Stay away from Mario Kart Home Circuit. Buy Mario Kart 8 instead. Home Circuit is just an expensive gimmick.

I actually prefer the regular switch controller. Even for fighting games sadly. The Pro dpad controller is so hard on the top side of my thumb joint. I can't play a fighting game for more than 30 min with that thing.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I can't play fighting games seriously with gamepads and use an Hori RAP V for them. The Joycon buttons and sticks are too tiny for me.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can't play fighting games seriously with gamepads and use an Hori RAP V for them. The Joycon buttons and sticks are too tiny for me.

Yeah I use an adapter and my ps4 RAP stick. I think thats what its called.

Speaking of... If anyones playing Under Night in Birth on switch shoot me your nintendo code

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Neat but it's weird again this will be available for a limited time.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
We’ll just do cartridges again and better yet, Zip disks!

Haha, yeah, this neat attempt to summon the 8-bit Famicom into a 64-bit console came out desperate. Carts, Zips, even a Voice Recognition Unit to match up Fami's built-in microphone feature. Too bad that the controller cables weren't hardwired anymore. To 3rd party that is ;).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
No More Heroes 1 & 2 just dropped on the switch e-shop?!

I really don't need yet another copy of these games...but I'm tempted to purchase them just to show some support for the franchise.

Edit: They appear to be on sale at the moment for $17.99 each. It says "HD remaster", but I'll have to check and see if it's the original wii versions or not. I doubt NMH1 is the "Eiyuutachi no Rakuen/Red Zone/Heroes Paradise" version(s).

NMH III is looking bad@$$ and I'm glad to see Shinobu made it in the trailer this time too.
"THE GALAXY VS. THE HOOD" :lolz:

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested, the japanese Nintendo Direct had a few new games that were not shown in the english version. Earth Defense Force: World Brothers, Shiren the Wanderer 5Plus, Family Trainer, Buddy Mission BOND, etc:

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
No More Heroes 1 & 2 just dropped on the switch e-shop?!

I really don't need yet another copy of these games...but I'm tempted to purchase them just to show some support for the franchise.

Edit: They appear to be on sale at the moment for $17.99 each. It says "HD remaster", but I'll have to check and see if it's the original wii versions or not. I doubt NMH1 is the "Eiyuutachi no Rakuen/Red Zone/Heroes Paradise" version(s).

NMH III is looking bad@$$ and I'm glad to see Shinobu made it in the trailer this time too.
"THE GALAXY VS. THE HOOD" :lolz:

Curious to see if they are just straight ports of the Wii versions. I loved the games, and really looking forward to NMH3

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
For those interested, the japanese Nintendo Direct had a few new games that were not shown in the english version. Earth Defense Force: World Brothers, Shiren the Wanderer 5Plus, Family Trainer, Buddy Mission BOND, etc:

I'm curious is EDF is gonna run well on the Switch, especially coop. The PS4 could barely, and I mean barely, run EDF4 without significant frame drops, so I'm curious what the Switch will be able to do.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Crimzon Clover World Explosion was released today. Anyone else pick it up? I've been waiting for a console port of this for 9 years, I'm so psyched.

CCWE blast small.jpg

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Crimzon Clover World Explosion was released today. Anyone else pick it up? I've been waiting for a console port of this for 9 years, I'm so psyched.

View attachment 58149

Definitely a day one pickup for me. The Switch has gotten a lot of shmups love, but to me this is the #1 release in that category for the switch to date.

What are you using for hdmi to vga? Looks great!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Definitely a day one pickup for me. The Switch has gotten a lot of shmups love, but to me this is the #1 release in that category for the switch to date.

What are you using for hdmi to vga? Looks great!

https://www.tendak.com/products/hdmi-to-vga

Probably not the best, but it's doing the job fine. I also use the extron 160xi because I previously had the 360 in the cab and it needed a sync stabilizer to prevent the 2931 chassis from going into auto shutoff when the 360 changes rez.

For controls I just got a brook PS4>Switch converter to use with the guts from my RAP4 Kai. I'll get a different control PCB when focus attack restocks, not sure if I'll for for the wired universal ($95) or the ZeroPI $25? Strangely, the Switch wouldn't recognize the Kai stick until I toggled it to PS3 mode, very strange.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
https://www.tendak.com/products/hdmi-to-vga

Probably not the best, but it's doing the job fine. I also use the extron 160xi because I previously had the 360 in the cab and it needed a sync stabilizer to prevent the 2931 chassis from going into auto shutoff when the 360 changes rez.

For controls I just got a brook PS4>Switch converter to use with the guts from my RAP4 Kai. I'll get a different control PCB when focus attack restocks, not sure if I'll for for the wired universal ($95) or the ZeroPI $25? Strangely, the Switch wouldn't recognize the Kai stick until I toggled it to PS3 mode, very strange.

How's the performance of that Brook converter? Any lag?