Nintendo Switch

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Finally a Progear port, been waiting for that a while.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mario Live Circuit is way more fun than I expected, and they put a lot more game in there than I expected too.
Bonus obstacles if you have cats that like moving obstacles....

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’ve had this on my radar for awhile, looks amazing.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Crash Bandicoot 4
release date: March 12, 2021

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Just realized the Switch is about to be4 years old.
I'm baffled that Nintendo hasn't done a major hardware update. I guess it's doing fine as-is....

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Just realized the Switch is about to be4 years old.
I'm baffled that Nintendo hasn't done a major hardware update. I guess it's doing fine as-is....

I was about to say they didn't make the New 3DS until many years after the original, but the 3DS was 2011 and the New 3DS rollout was between 2014 and 2015. Fuck, I can't believe how old the New 3DS is. Where the shit does all the time go??

Maybe Nintendo has realized how bullshit mid-generation hardware updates are, given they tend to fragment the customer base on the platform which inevitably hurts sales.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I was about to say they didn't make the New 3DS until many years after the original, but the 3DS was 2011 and the New 3DS rollout was between 2014 and 2015. Fuck, I can't believe how old the New 3DS is. Where the shit does all the time go??

Maybe Nintendo has realized how bullshit mid-generation hardware updates are, given they tend to fragment the customer base on the platform which inevitably hurts sales.

Im guessing they don't need to update if it's still selling well and no one is complaining about graphics.....
An updated Tegra already exists, so it should be fairly simple.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I just want some first-party skeleton Joy-Cons.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Are there any official joy cons that have an actual DPad instead of the 4 directional buttons? I hate those. But I like the neon green cons i have now.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hori makes licensed ones.

Are there Hori ones that are Bluetooth enabled?

I have the Switch split pad pro...it doesn’t work on FlipGrip, in the Switch black ‘joy con holders’ (that turn Switch L&R ‘cons into a traditional pad)...it only works physically attached to the Switch.

I’m keen on a set of joy cons w/ d-pad, that work in every situation an OEM joy con would.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

I have the Switch split pad pro...it doesn’t work on FlipGrip, in the Switch black ‘joy con holders’ (that turn Switch L&R ‘cons into a traditional pad)...it only works physically attached to the Switch.

I’m keen on a set of joy cons w/ d-pad, that work in every situation an OEM joy con would.

Good point. No - they don't have bluetooth, so the only option for D-pad at the moment would be a mod kit. I think DZ did one and said it was a pain in the ass.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I mean, youd think the company that put a patent on the design to where other companies had to come up with their own versions of the DPad would release a flagship system with one lol.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

wtf do you play with the flip grip? I bought one, and tried a few "compatible" games but they didn't allow you do remap buttons. worthless.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Does anyone have a list of good "retro" physical releases for the Switch? More popular and uncommon physical titles I should buy now before they become expensive?

I have a nice collection so far, around 30 or so games.

What are your favorite titles?