Nintendo Switch

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m bummed ☹️ on FEXL Switch.
1000M up and down on my innanets, PLAYS WORSE THAN SATURN NET•LINK GAMES.

The hiccups, hang-ups, and crashes made it unplayable online.
I love ARIKA, and cut slack where I can; however,
This shit is unacceptable in the 21st century.

The PS4 version in the same house, same ISP...works fine.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
After hearing the capcom arcade stadium got patched I went ahead and bought the #3 pack that has Progear.
Put it in a cab and am having a good time, I never spent much time with the game before besides messing around in mame over 15 years ago. Was a bitch figuring out how to wire the ' - ' button with the Brook retro PI pcb, but I got it working eventually.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

coming for 2022

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Would have been a lot nicer to get a DDP and Galuda1 port. But still a good thing to see CAVE not completely dead.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mushihimesama, Espgaluda II, DoDonPachi Resurrection - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

Great to see cave is licensing out more for the switch.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So I just got done with Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Switch and goddamn, is that shit janky AF.

This is a game I've played three times previously on release:

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden SIgma (PS3)

I OWNED Sigma on Vita but honestly, who can play such a game on that small screen? I sold it.

This game is clearly a product of its time:

A controllable camera that you can't control half the time
Shitty platforming (It's fucking Ninja Gaiden!)
Cheaply programmed A.I.

Back in the days of the original Xbox, one could put up with this kind of game. It was a landmark title at the time but it absolutely has not aged well.

The combat is still great. But in this game, there's WAY too much backtracking, exploring, underwater swimming (typical garbage game design for that era) and horrible area design.

This game's weaknesses are why I preferred 2 and 3: Razor's Edge. Got right down to the good shit-the fighting. There are a bunch of ninja missions and rush challenges but there is no way in hell I am ever playing this game again.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So I just got done with Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Switch and goddamn, is that shit janky AF.

This is a game I've played three times previously on release:

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden SIgma (PS3)

I OWNED Sigma on Vita but honestly, who can play such a game on that small screen? I sold it.

This game is clearly a product of its time:

A controllable camera that you can't control half the time
Shitty platforming (It's fucking Ninja Gaiden!)
Cheaply programmed A.I.

Back in the days of the original Xbox, one could put up with this kind of game. It was a landmark title at the time but it absolutely has not aged well.

The combat is still great. But in this game, there's WAY too much backtracking, exploring, underwater swimming (typical garbage game design for that era) and horrible area design.

This game's weaknesses are why I preferred 2 and 3: Razor's Edge. Got right down to the good shit-the fighting. There are a bunch of ninja missions and rush challenges but there is no way in hell I am ever playing this game again.

Taisoooo :buttrock: You are one of the few people I’ve run into who, like myself, have stated that they prefer the mechanics and overall gameplay loop of Ninja Gaiden II.

Of course, I absolutely love Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black and I’ve beaten every named release of all of the 3D Ninja Gaiden titles on Master/Ultimate Ninja and lost count of the number of my playthroughs of NG, NGB, NDS, Sigma, NGII, Sigma II, Sigma+, Sigma II+, NG3, NG3RE, and now this Master Collection release…but I always have to admit that Ninja Gaiden II (2008) is the one that keeps me coming back the most.

After almost two decades of all the re-releases and rebalancing, I completely agree with Itagaki’s old stated assessment that he wasn’t completely satisfied with his work on Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black and wanted to concentrate more on the combat and pacing of the game.

Many profess Ninja Gaiden Black as a total package, but even that release was neutered from the original Hurricane Pack 1 & 2 expansions. The intercept mechanic was absolutely awesome (and game breaking) but was removed so what remains in Black is primarily OTG combos and OL UT spam for noobies (especially since essence requirement was waived so starting these chains is ridiculously easy).

I get that Ninja Gaiden Black offers more exploration and a more fleshed out experience compared to the more streamlined (read: linear) sequels and iterations that followed, but I don’t personally play the 3D Ninja Gaiden series to explore; I play them for the combat.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yes, I agree.

It's clear that this game series' chief focus is the combat. It is the one aspect of the games almost universally lauded. If the areas could have been better designed or there were shorter transitions or better shortcuts, I'd feel differently. But those parts are just flat out boring compared to the high octane action sequences. It's too much 'peaks and valleys' and doesn't offer an even experience. The game needs fine tuning when you're bored by it.

And I don't want to hear no 'but it's SUPPOSED to be boring at times! It conveys isolation and solitude, the way of the ninja!' bs.

If I want to know what it's like to be a ninja, there are better ways and better games.

Ninja Gaiden is about an avenger of justice created by the universe's need for evil to be punished. Such an avatar of devastation shouldn't be wasting time swimming and looking for golden scarabs. He shouldn't even be climbing ladders or shimmying along ledges. He should be jumping 5,000 feet upwards and coming down with earthquake force on the heads of his foes.

That is clearly what this game series is best at.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Started up Ninja Gaiden Sigma II and wow, what a world of difference.

Better graphics, tighter gameplay, more interesting techniques, better level design, faster, harder, more visceral and most sidetracks are a short hallway and a minimal reward for your efforts.

Remember when people complained that the game was over the top with the violence?

Well...they can eat the entire bag of dicks.

The series is absurd anyway. Why hold back?

Superior in every way.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
The Nintendo Switch Is Getting A Train Controller In Japan

dkuFsEg.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Ys IX for Switch comes out on the 6th of next month. Gonna pick it up cuz yeah. One of my favorite series of games along with Dragon Quest.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Ys IX for Switch comes out on the 6th of next month. Gonna pick it up cuz yeah. One of my favorite series of games along with Dragon Quest.
This looks good as well, picked this up for PS4 but I intend on getting the switch port for my brother assuming that it runs well

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Piczle Puzzle & Watch Collection for Nintendo Switch

Release date: 29th July, 2021

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I don't know why, but that spelling of pixel gives me a headache