Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Cuphead - in - "The Delicious Last Course"
June 30th 2022

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Big surprise from Amazon this morning... Switch OLED consoles at retail for Prime members only, and there are enough that it didn’t sell out the instant it was listed. Great opportunity if you are still looking.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
The Battle Cats come back on Switch this december

The Battle Cats Unite!

For people have Japan game cartridge Together! The Battle Cats / Together! Nyanko Daisensou :
Now the game is directly converted into The Battle Cats Unite! (and in english). Just launch the game update :love:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I just finally got a "real" switch thanks to bubz. I bought a lite at the beginning of lockdown, played and acquired a few games, and then stashed it. Playing on the TV is so much better, and it was cool already having a nintendo acct and some games set up.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Has anyone tried the cloud games on the Switch? Do they run OK? I'm skeptical, mainly because of the console's dogshit wifi chip.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I just finally got a "real" switch thanks to bubz. I bought a lite at the beginning of lockdown, played and acquired a few games, and then stashed it. Playing on the TV is so much better, and it was cool already having a nintendo acct and some games set up.
The homie @Ajax hooked it up with a brook wireless setup, so now I'm in biz with an arcade stick too. Mr driller and Windjammers have been fun, I'll need to start picking up shooties at some point here.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen the upcoming Triangle Strategy game? I wish this was coming to the PS4.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The homie @Ajax hooked it up with a brook wireless setup, so now I'm in biz with an arcade stick too. Mr driller and Windjammers have been fun, I'll need to start picking up shooties at some point here.
There's a ton on there, some are available physical but the best is having a JP Nintendo account to get the digital exclusives like Rade

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
So in the span of a few months I went from no Switches to 2 Switches.

Picked up a good price on a basically new turquoise Switch Lite. It was $175 with original box and charger as well as Smash Bros, New SMB U, and Just Dance 2020.

I don't need any of the games so as long as the buyer comes tonight we are calling it a $100 Switch Lite.

Now, my plan is the OLED Switch is basically a home console. The 7 year old has been wanting to use the Switch outside the house, so I'll get a case for the Lite and see how many times he drops it.

Now my question is, both kids like to play the Switch together in tabletop mode at home. I'm looking for a charger stand that works with a grip case. Does anyone have any combos that work? It seems like most of them are not compatible.

Most ideally I would get a stand that can charge the Lite and two joycons (usually sold as a 1 Pro controller and 2 joycons charging dock) and that can live on their bedroom desk. But I'm not keen on the idea that he'll have to take the case on and off every time.

Also finally beat Metroid Dread. Had only 50% of the things collected, but sold it off. Didn't feel a need to keep it around. Starting Links Awakening next.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'll tell you now. Unless you play your Switch in handheld more often then not, then the OLED isn't for you.

lithy

20 Year Member
I'll tell you now. Unless you play your Switch in handheld more often then not, then the OLED isn't for you.

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I already own the OLED. I was buying new anyway and not upgrading, so the extra $50 was no big deal. Yes, the upgrades (64gb internal storage, LAN port built in the dock, improved kickstand, bigger screen, possibly more efficient battery drain) seem relatively minor if you're upgrading, but for a first time purchase I'd say there really is no reason to not get the OLED even if you're rarely using it in handheld mode.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Not sure if this is directed at me, but I already own the OLED. I was buying new anyway and not upgrading, so the extra $50 was no big deal. Yes, the upgrades (64gb internal storage, LAN port built in the dock, improved kickstand, bigger screen, possibly more efficient battery drain) seem relatively minor if you're upgrading, but for a first time purchase I'd say there really is no reason to not get the OLED even if you're rarely using it in handheld mode.
Yeah I was talking to you my bad. Generally I see the OLED as a side-upgrade for anyone who plays their Switch docked more often then not. I would say get the newer "Red Box" model since it does have an improved battery life but outside of that, I can't suggest spending an extra 50 bucks on the OLED unless you're playing it in handheld mode all the time.

The internal storage upgrade is kinda an "eh" thing from me seeing as a solid sized mirco SD card is cheap as long as you're not foolish enough to spend money on a Nintendo branded one.

Other then that, I'll agree on your points.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I just bought a switch oled over Christmas. Came in handy while traveling. Got to play dead cells and botw while on a flight. So awesome.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I purchased Mario Kart and Odyssey during my Covid Christmas quarantine. Me and my kid had a blast. With Odyssey I let her handle it for the most part. Odyssey is the first game she beat with her pops.

I haven't played a Mario game since whatever the ds one was. Mario games never seem to dissapoint. They are just good ol fashion fun. I might try Luigi's Mansion and BOTW with her.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Cruis'n Blast and Metroid Dread were probably my most played switch games the last few months. I'm a sucker for arcadey racers, and Cruisn plays a lot like the old Midway arcade racers like Hydro Thunder. And Metroid Dread is just my style of Metroid. I never could get into the FPS games, but I loved Super Metroid and Fusion, and it plays a lot like those.

lithy

20 Year Member
So, I signed up for the Switch Online to play some Mario Maker and Mario Kart online. I was quite pleased to see how affordable it was. I was expecting a handful of bucks per month, so $20 per year is more than fair.

Downloaded Pac-Man 99, although it made me discover that Pac-Man Vs. is available on Switch so looks like I'll be spending that $25 at some point, but otherwise 99 is great. Also rediscovered Rocket League which is silly, fun, and free. Downloaded Tetris 99, but I suck major ass at Tetris, so haven't bothered trying it yet.

So, I'm here to ask here if there is any other great stuff floating around in the free download category that I should check out.