Non-gaming insignificant accomplishments that you're really proud of, but...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Non-gaming insignificant accomplishments that you're really proud of, but...other people think are stupid, lol.

So, I'm 42. I did some minor skating as a kid. Mainly transportation etc.. I got back into skating with my 8 year old with a bucket list goal of landing a kickflip. I've been going through most of the sequence taught by Skating Made Simple. I got my ollie, shove-it , 180, and my pop shove it. Basic stuff, but for my old ass, it has been hard, physically painful, and time consuming, yet really fun. Well, yesterday I landed my first kickflip. I threw my arms in the air and yelled, "yeah!".

My wife rolls her eyes, my kids ignore me as they play their videogame, and my neighbors look over like I'm an idiot, lol.

To me, this was a bad ass moment. To everyone else, it was stupid...but fuck them, lol!

So whatcha got? It would be too easy to use videogame accomplishments for this, so non-gaming accomplishments only :)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I was homecoming king in high school.

I may have peaked early, but it was one hell of a peak!!!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
See, that's awesome! My wife would roll her eyes at that too, lol. I bet it was a great moment!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
When my friend went back to teach at our old high school, 20 years later, my high jump school record still stood. Definitely another peaked too soon...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm halfway to paying of my car loan.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
After hearing about other people talk about finding two yolks in a freshly cracked egg for years, it finally happened to me. I can die content.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm exceptionally good at beatboxing...and I'm not kidding. I've been doing it for 30+ years.

Save that? Meh...pretty much meh. At my peak a few years back, I was extremely good at taking difficult climbs on a road bike, set many local records for that. I also did a 20 mile in one hour loop ride and that is extremely difficult.

Besides that? Not much.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
One time at the movies I saw the projector burn through a film. It was great.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member

Ha, this happened to me during the bank fight in Spider Man 2 at the midnight release showing. Damn were people pissed and the owner came out to give everyone free tickets to future shows for the inconvenience.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

This happened to us one time when we went to see Contact in the theater (Yes, the shit pile with Jodie Foster). It was right at the beginning of the film, we should have taken the as a sign from Crom and left...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I shattered a football helmet in a game one time. Early morning game, colder than fuck, last game of the season. I was a right tackle/left defensive end/long snapper. We were punting because we sucked.

In high school, nobody is allowed to line up directly across from the long snapper because the long snapper has his head down to start the play. I snapped the ball and took off downfield. The other team didn't set up the wedge to block anybody and the punt returner didn't call for a fair catch, so I had a free shot. Ran as fast as I possibly could, put the crown of my helmet into the center of his chest. Huge hit, knocked the wind out of the kid, caused a fumble, shattered my helmet where the facemask connects to the crown. Couldn't go back into the game because we only had one helmet that would fit on my massive dome.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I won the school geography bee when I was in 4th grade. My teacher made special arrangements with the geography bee organizer to allow me to compete, because normally, only 5th and 6th graders were allowed. My mom let me rent some games after, and I got Megaman 4 and Megaman 5. Yep, early peak here too...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
When my friend went back to teach at our old high school, 20 years later, my high jump school record still stood. Definitely another peaked too soon...

That's petty damn cool, imo

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I won the school geography bee when I was in 4th grade. My teacher made special arrangements with the geography bee organizer to allow me to compete, because normally, only 5th and 6th graders were allowed. My mom let me rent some games after, and I got Megaman 4 and Megaman 5. Yep, early peak here too...

Oh yeah... I did that too in 5th grade. Had to take a test afterwards to qualify for the regional one IIRC. Won my school's spelling bee once too. Needless to say, I was the smart kid who "didn't apply himself".

In college, a couple of buddies and I were walking out of a movie and I was chewing a piece of gum. Not entirely sure why but I spit the gum out and kicked it out of the air. It landed directly in an open garbage bin about 30 feet away. Couldn't have replicated it if I tried 1,000 times. My friends went apeshit and it was like the highlight of our weekend. We were high.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
At mini golf, years ago-at the height of Happy Gilmore being the go-to Friday night video rental (it was fresh in most people’s minds as a pop culture thing)...

I drove a hole in point five.

Not a hole in 1.

0.5[emoji874]

How?

I smacked the ball so hard at hole 4, it ricocheted off the top of the windmill, bounced into a tree, rolled off a limb-and dropped into the cup of hole 5.

It was Dude Perfect before widespread adoption of Al Gore’s innanets.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Oh yeah... I did that too in 5th grade. Had to take a test afterwards to qualify for the regional one IIRC. Won my school's spelling bee once too. Needless to say, I was the smart kid who "didn't apply himself".

In college, a couple of buddies and I were walking out of a movie and I was chewing a piece of gum. Not entirely sure why but I spit the gum out and kicked it out of the air. It landed directly in an open garbage bin about 30 feet away. Couldn't have replicated it if I tried 1,000 times. My friends went apeshit and it was like the highlight of our weekend. We were high.

Lol, that's awesome! One time i was talking with my brother in law and his friend. A bee was buzzing around us. You know that thing where you kind of wiggle the finger next to your pinky, and then whip it into something/someone? Lol. I did that, hit the bee with the back of my nail, straight to the ground, and stepped on it. Never pausing my sentence, casual af, lol. They looked at me like I was Bruce Lee. i couldn't do it again if I tried.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One time in grade 6 I counted down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and after 1 the bell rang. Absolute legend

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
fifteen years of shitposting on neo-geo.com without getting banned

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I owned a car imported from Japan, never originally sold in North America. That was a blast and a personal goal of mine.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
uhg. Now i'll have to think of something

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I dove to the bottom of forty fathom grotto in Ocala, Fl when I was training to be a international certified commercial diver. Almost got impaled by a 90 foot piece of angle iron, but instead it missed by an inch or two when it shot through the dive bell, so here we are today.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just found an old video of me riding a motorcycle across a bridge during a flood in the Philippines. I'm proud of that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I was first arrested at age 11 for breaking and entering a shopping mall at 3 am.