Non Neo Geo games that would have made good Neo Geo titles.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I think a version of Pang would have fit perfectly on the Neo Geo. It's a great arcade game and very colourful so I bet it would have looked great on the hardware.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
More racing games would've awesome.

VGC1612

New Challenger
I am still working on it and have made some more progress :glee: But I think it will take about 12-18 months to finish it. (You can't imagine how much work is inside this little demo.)

Cant wait to see more,keep it up!As a windjammer fan,Heavy Smash (Data East too) would be a amazing game to port and any Toaplan games

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I've said this before even though it's a bit weird, but I think an exploration based rouge-like would make a really interesting arcade game.

So basically classic Legend of Zelda on the Neo Geo Lol.. It takes hours and hours of wtf and tons of quarters to figure out all the secrets and how to beat the game, but then once you get good you can get through the whole thing in like 30 minutes or less, on one quarter. Give the thing a timer system where you have to keep killing things and solving puzzles to get extends, a much tighter combat system, and an unforgiving difficulty spike, and you've got a good arcade time!

Also, ever single time I play In the Hunt it weirds me out that it's not a Neo game!

Last edited:

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Super Gunstar Heroes would had been possible?

What an impressive tour de force it was!

Hagane or Alien Soldier are pretty close to a 1st generation NG game

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Street Fighter.

seriously though
I actually had a dream about that a couple years ago, I found Street Fighter II at a thrift store for the AES and bought it. When I recorded my dream I also mocked this up by way it looked in my dream.

The game that I always wanted to see on the AES or CD system was Crystalis II

Attachments

• SFIIAES_zpse25376e1.png
    SFIIAES_zpse25376e1.png
    505.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I am still working on it and have made some more progress :glee: But I think it will take about 12-18 months to finish it. (You can't imagine how much work is inside this little demo.)
Nice! Keep up the good work. I seriously hope you can do it.

I also mocked this up by way it looked in my dream.
were you high when you made that?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Imagine having to press two buttons together for Fierce or Roundhouse.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Imagine having to press two buttons together for Fierce or Roundhouse.

You can easily make a 6 button setup for the Neo using diodes. People have already made a 6 button layout for Sam Sho 2.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
You can easily make a 6 button setup for the Neo using diodes. People have already made a 6 button layout for Sam Sho 2.

...I'm...going to google this right now...that's a great idea.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Just about any of Sega's flagship games of the time would have been dope on the system. Imagine Shinobi or Sonic jacked up on steroids & coke. That would be sick.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

That would work for a whole bunch of titles like WHP too.

Last edited:

Voultar

I give zero fucks about my customers
It would have been nice to see an arcade updated Battletoads title running on MVS hardware.