Non Neo Geo games that would have made good Neo Geo titles.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Here's good one. What games, that were not released for the Neo Geo, would have made great fit for the Neo Geo? Here are a few titles that would have been a good fit for the system: Joe n Mac, Bonk's Adventure arcade game, and Dunk Dream '95 (though that was 4 players)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That one arcade Castlevania game, or Ghosts n Goblins. Too bad those are Konami and Capcom. No way those would be seen dead on Neo Geo.

Too bad the Neo Geo didn't have any AES exclusive games, like a JRPG or a graphic adventure game.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What's the point?

Would a game be better if it was on the Neo Geo? All you might get is hot homecart art to lust over.

I guess it's kind of rational to ask why (spiritual) sequels of existing Neo Geo titles wound up on other hardware.

I'm sure none of the reasons are surprising though.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It would have nice to see a variant of Contra, not that the Neo is short of shooters though. Its still an all-time classic franchise, i think my favourite is the Sega Megadrive/Genesis version, the Hard Corps.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
What's the point?

Would a game be better if it was on the Neo Geo? All you might get is hot homecart art to lust over.

I guess it's kind of rational to ask why (spiritual) sequels of existing Neo Geo titles wound up on other hardware.

I'm sure none of the reasons are surprising though.

With some genres, they could have really shown off the graphical muscle of the Neo Geo. Who wouldn't want a LucasArts-grade Graphical Adventure game on Neo Geo? It'd be a fun and relaxing alternative to all the fighting games.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I meant on the home Neo Geo console, NGCD too if it's not too crippled.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Street Fighter.

seriously though

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
yeah tate orientation totally ruined garegga.

Would have been way better vertizontal.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
For arcade, a graphically awesome version of tecmo bowl or some flying games similar to space harrier or sci fu shooter like robotron. Those would have been awesome.

If it was to be a home exclusive, a mega man or castlevania SotN themed game would have been incredible.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It would have nice to see a variant of Contra, not that the Neo is short of shooters though. Its still an all-time classic franchise, i think my favourite is the Sega Megadrive/Genesis version, the Hard Corps.

Metal Slug series fills and exceeds that IMHO. However, the Neo is short on brawlers/beat'em ups having the Sengoku series, Ninja Combat, Burning Fight and Mutation Nation only, none of which are notable great (Exception Sengoku 3 IMHO). Streets of Rage would have been nice, and improved a lot, using the extra capabilities of the Neo.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
A souped-up version of Punch-Out on the Neo-Geo would've been pretty amazing..

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Irem's "In The Hunt" (which I'm playing in MAME today) would be perfect for NEO. Made by the same guys that did "Metal Slug" so it makes sense. I'd also like to see a tennis game on the NEO, preferable by Tecmo in the same style as Super Dodge Ball.

A few more racers would be cool. How about outrun, roadblasters, chase HQ, etc.

It would also be great to see something like "Gals Panic" on NEO. We're there any NEO GEO games with nipple and areola and furburger?

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
However, the Neo is short on brawlers/beat'em ups having the Sengoku series, Ninja Combat, Burning Fight and Mutation Nation only, none of which are notable great (Exception Sengoku 3 IMHO). Streets of Rage would have been nice, and improved a lot, using the extra capabilities of the Neo.

I love Robo Army.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Notable wishes would have been Double Dragon (a beat-em-up, not a fighting game), Megaman, and Castlevania.

My all time wish would have been to see a Metroid game on it. Neo Super Metroid gives me a boner.