Noob hyper question

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
How to determine and what are the differences between the two revisions?

I know one has a volume dial, and one has jamma/mvs and stereo/mono switches

which version is this? (rev2?)

cheers

HNG02.jpg

Also, regarding stereo, I have a custom harness which adapts the headphone output on my 4 slot to the correct pinout for my E2's stereo connection, I take it if I just set this to MVS/stereo it'll just work fine? :)

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, I thought the Rev 1 had a volume knob on the front, someone said its not even JAMMA? hmm

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yeah, I thought the Rev 1 had a volume knob on the front, someone said its not even JAMMA? hmm

It's JAMMA compatible with a couple minor differences just like MVS has. Next to the volume pot there you see another power connector for extra +5v and GND lines, and to the right of that is the stereo audio header.

With the rev 2 you just set a couple switches on the bottom of the board and you can have it be mono/stereo and/or JAMMA/MVS compatible.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Cheers :)

The one I'm getting is only coming with buriki which I'm totally not interested in, I've managed to score a bare SS64-2 though so will give it a try.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I felt the same way when I got my Hyper, but give Buriki a try. It's really an interesting (and addictive) game once you get into it.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
But also don't forget to give FF:WA a try, it's the best Hyper 64 fighter IMO. Have phun!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'll only have buriki for the moment but trying to pick up the rest on loose cart, which will be fun. :(

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
you can pick up a r2 board and ff,ss and buriki off ebay all boxed for about £30 brand new , thats where i got mine when i had one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, should have done that really, but I got this hyper and buriki for .. £6.50 posted :tickled:

Picking up the bare carts though, it might work out pricier than that bundle on ebay :(

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah, should have done that really, but I got this hyper and buriki for .. £6.50 posted :tickled:

Picking up the bare carts though, it might work out pricier than that bundle on ebay :(

FUCKING HELL, how did you manage to get it that price shipped?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Awesome deal man. Go for the whole set at some point. If your a Fatal Fury fan at all, you have to give 64 one a try. Some love it others hate it. I'm the former.

klargon

n00b
I bought mine off ebay for £75 brand new with all 4 games back when they were scarce. It was the first one of the seemingly hundreds that then made it onto ebay in the coming weeks. I thought I'd got an amazing deal! That lasted for about 3 days when I noticed the volume of listings and relistings.

Anyway, with most bundles only coming with 3 games now, does this make the other Sam Sho game quite valuable? This particular listing (still over 2 hours remaining at the time of posting) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250638193143&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT made me wonder. It could just be because the seller is shipping worldwide that the price has risen higher than I would expect.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Probably

Its just finding someone who will sell it seperately mostly.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I bought mine off ebay for £75 brand new with all 4 games back when they were scarce. It was the first one of the seemingly hundreds that then made it onto ebay in the coming weeks. I thought I'd got an amazing deal! That lasted for about 3 days when I noticed the volume of listings and relistings.
That was Vektorlogic.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Jeff still has some too, trying to buy a couple bare carts at present.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Well the hyper arrived today, *metal slug x voice* BIG!

Put buriki on for a bit but the monitor was vert so I didn't play it much, mmm it is ok. looks pretty dated but the 2D is nice. Next time my monitors hori I'll chuck it in for a bit.

Waiting for SS64WR to arrive, bought it bare on ebay.

Looking for the other two if anyone sees them cheap! :)

I'm wondering just how much the motherboard can be cut down, I've seen a few threads where people removed a lot of the metal sidings, but its not worth it if the bottom pcb is more exposed, I wonder if it'll run without that PCB at all. hmm. I might just strip it down for the hell of it and see what happens. :)