Norm MacDonald recorded a secret comedy special before his death, releasing soon

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This is out now on Netflix. I'll probably watch it this weekend. Anyone check it out yet?

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Just watched it. He must have had that feeling of the end when he did it as his comedy went there a bit. Absolutely hilarious. He planted a seed and came back to it for the punchline. I enjoyed it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean you never have to pay for content if you don't want to... if you choose to give them $15+ to watch one thing, that's your prerogative but there's password sharing (for now) and the seven seas.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I haven’t pirated anything in over a decade.

I just don’t care enough.

Though now that we’re back to streaming services being no better than cable maybe should.

Probably not though.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watched about half of it so far and it's great.

Its crazy how different his delivery is between this and the Hitlers Dog special. It was like he was on LSD at that one - or maybe heavy cancer drugs :(

100proof

10 Year Member
I haven’t pirated anything in over a decade.

I just don’t care enough.

Though now that we’re back to streaming services being no better than cable maybe should.

Probably not though.

That's totally fair... I probably would've gotten frustrated and given up if it weren't for Usenet and indexing scrapers. I don't have to actively look for anything anymore. I just tell my scrapers what I want, it finds it, moves everything to the appropriate folders and Plex auto-loads it in to my libraries. Works for movies, TV, music and books. Even now, I still don't watch much TV and/or movies at home but the wife appreciates it and we have a small network of friends I share our server with so they occasionally request stuff.

The initial setup is mildly frustrating (more so if you're not computer savvy) but once you've got it nailed down, the only thing you have to monitor is your storage and your streaming computer/server going down.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That's totally fair... I probably would've gotten frustrated and given up if it weren't for Usenet and indexing scrapers. I don't have to actively look for anything anymore. I just tell my scrapers what I want, it finds it, moves everything to the appropriate folders and Plex auto-loads it in to my libraries. Works for movies, TV, music and books. Even now, I still don't watch much TV and/or movies at home but the wife appreciates it and we have a small network of friends I share our server with so they occasionally request stuff.

The initial setup is mildly frustrating (more so if you're not computer savvy) but once you've got it nailed down, the only thing you have to monitor is your storage and your streaming computer/server going down.
What do you use? I use Sonarr for TV stuff and it literally randomly just decides it cant find the right folder to move stuff to. Its fucking retarded. I would love to abandon it and use something that actually works.

100proof

10 Year Member
I use the -arr series of programs (Radarr, Sonarr, Readarr, Lidarr) in conjunction with NZBGet and Hydra (though I'll move to Prowlarr once it reaches a level of stability I'm happy with). I've all but stopped using torrents except in rare cases.

I've had the occasional hiccup on that front when using torrents but never when downloading through Usenet. It could just be a matter of making sure you've got your "root" folders and file naming conventions set appropriately.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I use the -arr series of programs (Radarr, Sonarr, Readarr, Lidarr) in conjunction with NZBGet and Hydra (though I'll move to Prowlarr once it reaches a level of stability I'm happy with). I've all but stopped using torrents except in rare cases.

I've had the occasional hiccup on that front when using torrents but never when downloading through Usenet. It could just be a matter of making sure you've got your "root" folders and file naming conventions set appropriately.
That's what I keep reading but what is maddening is that the shit works. It doesn't have an issue with torrents/transmission, but then it does. It can connect to transmission, download the shit, but then it just goes blind and 'duhhhh I can't move it to the folder I just moved the other thing to..."

Then the same thing happens with NZBGet.

The fact that it works (usually) tells me my root folders are right. I asked on the arr forums and the dev just gets all butthurt and claims no one reads the manual.

Bitch I read your dumb ass manual, it's YOUR APP that shits the bed randomly.