Nostalgia Critic: Star Wars Holiday Special

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/15087-swchr

I've been watching the NC videos for awhile but this one is on an entirely different level, probably his best by far if you ask me. Doubly funny if you've never seen the Star Wars special which is hilariously bad all by its lonesome. I'm not usually up for repeat viewings of these kinds of videos but I've watched this a few times now and it just doesn't get old. Git sery-ahs! and give it a watch if you haven't already.

"Eeoowww why can't we see grandpa's hands?"

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The sw special is unbelievably bad.
I rec' people to not purchase or watch it.
At all.

aria

Former Moderator
The sw special is unbelievably bad.
I rec' people to not purchase or watch it.
At all.

Which is terrible advice.

when i picked up a copy (9 years ago from someone on here, actually), I couldn't believe how spectacularly bad it was.

Best. Drinking game. Ever. (until the hangover)

You must, must, must get the commercials with it --anyone who edited them out ruins half the fun.

The funny thing is the commercials and certain elements get parodied every now and again.

I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

rarehero

20 Year Member
You may have to be drunk to watch it,
I kinda consider myself a fairly good star wars fan,
but man, this deal was embarassingly bad.
I couldn't make I through 10 minutes of it.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
The closest I've come to ever seeing the whole thing was some awful realmedia video file I downloaded waaaay back, I watched about 20 min of it and skipped around a bit and then just cut it off. There is bad and then there is The Star Wars Holiday Special.. The NC review there doesn't even show many of the dumbest things in there, I recall the guy in the bar drinking by pouring the drink in some kind of volcano looking thing on top of his head..

Check out this Youtube video on Harrison Ford on Conan in recent years where the Star Wars Holiday Special is brought up. Ford's reactions are priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQg9KgnjjA

rarehero

20 Year Member
The closest I've come to ever seeing the whole thing was some awful realmedia video file I downloaded waaaay back, I watched about 20 min of it and skipped around a bit and then just cut it off. There is bad and then there is The Star Wars Holiday Special.. The NC review there doesn't even show many of the dumbest things in there, I recall the guy in the bar drinking by pouring the drink in some kind of volcano looking thing on top of his head..

Check out this Youtube video on Harrison Ford on Conan in recent years where the Star Wars Holiday Special is brought up. Ford's reactions are priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQg9KgnjjA

Wow, can't tell if he's angry about being put on th spot
or just messing around, man though he looks pissed.